Italian Cypress (2008)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Italian Cypress

Italian Cypress is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2008

Italian Cypress fragrance notes

Reviews of Italian Cypress

As expected, this really jumps out at you. In the same family as polo, I expect projection and longevity will be just fine.

Lasted all day. Got home and I got within a foot of my girlfriend and she noticed it and said I smelt nice. Perfect!
15th July, 2017
A citrus basil start with a sweet mint. Underneath nice woods appear. It has an elegant quality about it with nothing "too much". It seems cheerful and wearable. It's classic. It's like a sexy Polo Green and Derby. This is my favorite Tom Ford fragrance so far.
21st April, 2017
MoPAT Show all reviews
South Africa
She said, in an intimate moment: "You smell like a forest sex God"
23rd September, 2016
Stardate 20160908:

A great vintage Z-14 clone. I almost gave it neutral for the price when vintage Z-14 can be had for 1/10th but then changed my mind as this is not a bad fragrance and vintage Z-14 are getting harder to find.
08th September, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Sure, a whiff of citrus-orange hits you at the beginning, but after a few minutes this is getting serious. A boozy wood emerges, a rich, dark tapestry of dark greenness, with the undertone of damp forest grounds and the earthy smell of coniferous aromas in the air.

In the drydown the cypress developed slowly but convincingly, and I am also getting some herbal undertones with occasional minty glimpses, like the sun rays breaking through the dense roofs of tree tops in the autumnal Šumava.

Yes, there are clear reminiscences of the vintage version of Polo Green, especially the old bottle I picked up from an old shop in Dunedin many years ago, but this TF is richer and boozier than the Ralph Lauren. Other similarities are found with Bogner's Deep Forest, with Torrente's for Men - without the spice and amber - with Monsiour Couturier and with one of my perennial favourites, Dunhill Blend 30, but Italian Cypress is quite linear, more straightforward, less rich, a bit less textured and less nuanced than those Greats are.

What Italian Cypress shares with these scents is that it is made of top-quality ingredients and how beautifully it is blended. This bears the hallmark of TF in his heydays at Gucci, when GPH I was released, before TF departed to set up his own shop and before Gucci focused on becoming a juvenile olfactory candy store.

The sillage is moderate, the projection excellent and the longevity a stupendously sensational sixteen hours on my skin - now THAT is longevity!

A great autumnal product of impeccable traditional craftsmanship, which is given a contemporaneous makeover. This is indubitably one of Tom Ford's finest. 4/5
13th July, 2016
She asked me what I was wearing and then she said "I thought I was having sex in a forest".
26th April, 2016