Italian Cypress (2008)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Italian Cypress

Italian Cypress is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2008

Italian Cypress fragrance notes

Reviews of Italian Cypress

Italian Cypress is mature and refined smelling, but not an old man scent, if that makes sense.

I don't get all of the Polo green comparisons because to me, it is sweeter and less macho than Polo green. Also, the prominent notes of cinnamon and basil really separate the two...that and Polo's signature oakmoss punch (vintage).

Really great for the office as it speaks to class and dignity, not playfulness and sexiness.

Excellent longevity and projection is very good.

14th September, 2017
I blind bought this one at a really good price, and it was my first foray into the Tom Ford Private Blend line. Being the Creed fanatic that I am, and reading all the reviews below that describe it as a pleasant "green" fragrance, I was expecting something similar to Green Irish Tweed LOL boy was I wrong... green yes, but absolutely not pleasant in the same way that GIT is. I honestly didn't like it at first, but after a couple days of sniffing it, I've grown to love it.

Italian Cypress is a very dark and complex fragrance- for some reason, it makes me think of movie villains like Scar from the Lion King, or any villain played by Alan Rickman (Snape, Turpin, Hans Gruber etc). It exudes confidence and power, and yes, it does have that green cypress tree accord thats very well done, and very (almost astonishingly) natural smelling. The top notes are very brash- makes it seem like the cypress tree got set on fire, but then got put out quickly. As it dries down however, that smokiness mellows out and the wood notes come out (the cypress sticks around throughout). I'm also getting a touch of cinnamon underneath all the cypress and woodiness. It has an austere elegance to it that is again, very well done and natural.

It's definitely masculine, and very potent- a fall/winter fragrance for sure. I've noticed that this fragrance inexplicably has a way of sticking in your nose even after walking away from the bottle or test strip/cloth that you spray it on (or maybe its just so potent that I can smell the few pico-liters that stick to my index finger after spraying it). Very non-casual too- I'll probably never wear this with anything less than slacks and a collared button-down shirt.

This is top quality stuff and I would recommend any perfume enthusiast to get your nose on it before it disappears! (apparently it's been discontinued)
11th September, 2017 (last edited: 12th September, 2017)
Immediately ralph lauren polo green springs to mind, my dad's signiture fragrance as a child and the one I used to sneak a few sprays of before meeting friends on my bmx lol. I don't remember it smelling as opulent and as well refined as this tho. This feels much more dense and moist with an updated modern tone. In many ways this is to polo green as grey vetiver is to guerlain vetiver. Tom ford obviously has a great respect for the classics, and he can clearly see the iconic fashion statements that these fragrances have created. I think this fragrance would be great for a board meeting ..a round of golf (mainly the club house)..countryside hotels etc. Performance is very good on my skin with a moderate projection which doesn't dominate a social setting.
26th August, 2017
As expected, this really jumps out at you. In the same family as polo, I expect projection and longevity will be just fine.

Lasted all day. Got home and I got within a foot of my girlfriend and she noticed it and said I smelt nice. Perfect!
15th July, 2017
A citrus basil start with a sweet mint. Underneath nice woods appear. It has an elegant quality about it with nothing "too much". It seems cheerful and wearable. It's classic. It's like a sexy Polo Green and Derby. This is my favorite Tom Ford fragrance so far.
21st April, 2017
MoPAT Show all reviews
South Africa
She said, in an intimate moment: "You smell like a forest sex God"
23rd September, 2016