Italian Cypress (2008)

HouseTom Ford
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Italian Cypress

Italian Cypress is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2008

Italian Cypress fragrance notes

Reviews of Italian Cypress

Perfectly balanced blend of citrus and wood. The citrus is very vibrant and fresh but the woods give it good longevity. The only thing I would say is that it got a bit cloying when it got hot. Was fine once it cooled down again. Great for anything except exercise.

This is really good. Can't believe I didn't find it sooner.
20th July, 2018
Almost perfection in a bottle. Extremely manly and mature. Think of a super refined vintage Polo. Smells so sophisticated and upscale. Really makes a statement.

12th May, 2018 (last edited: 10th June, 2018)
Bbrito Show all reviews
One of the best Tom Ford releases... Sadly not sold in stores any longer. I hope they bring it back like previous ones. As for the scent.. A very fine, mature, perfectly balanced scent I have found works best for those formal occasions.
Still very much available through online shops..if you can find it, try it.

27th March, 2018
italian cypress is one of the best tom ford blend. i own a 250ml and going to buy a 75ml. sense it's been discontinue it's going to hard to find.
19th November, 2017 (last edited: 23rd November, 2017)
Italian Cypress is mature and refined smelling, but not an old man scent, if that makes sense.

I don't get all of the Polo green comparisons because to me, it is sweeter and less macho than Polo green. Also, the prominent notes of cinnamon and basil really separate the two...that and Polo's signature oakmoss punch (vintage).

Really great for the office as it speaks to class and dignity, not playfulness and sexiness.

Excellent longevity and projection is very good.

14th September, 2017
I blind bought this one at a really good price, and it was my first foray into the Tom Ford Private Blend line. Being the Creed fanatic that I am, and reading all the reviews below that describe it as a pleasant "green" fragrance, I was expecting something similar to Green Irish Tweed LOL boy was I wrong... green yes, but absolutely not pleasant in the same way that GIT is. I honestly didn't like it at first, but after a couple days of sniffing it, I've grown to love it.

Italian Cypress is a very dark and complex fragrance- for some reason, it makes me think of movie villains like Scar from the Lion King, or any villain played by Alan Rickman (Snape, Turpin, Hans Gruber etc). It exudes confidence and power, and yes, it does have that green cypress tree accord thats very well done, and very (almost astonishingly) natural smelling. The top notes are very brash- makes it seem like the cypress tree got set on fire, but then got put out quickly. As it dries down however, that smokiness mellows out and the wood notes come out (the cypress sticks around throughout). I'm also getting a touch of cinnamon underneath all the cypress and woodiness. It has an austere elegance to it that is again, very well done and natural.

It's definitely masculine, and very potent- a fall/winter fragrance for sure. I've noticed that this fragrance inexplicably has a way of sticking in your nose even after walking away from the bottle or test strip/cloth that you spray it on (or maybe its just so potent that I can smell the few pico-liters that stick to my index finger after spraying it). Very non-casual too- I'll probably never wear this with anything less than slacks and a collared button-down shirt.

This is top quality stuff and I would recommend any perfume enthusiast to get your nose on it before it disappears! (apparently it's been discontinued)
11th September, 2017 (last edited: 12th September, 2017)

Add your review of Italian Cypress

Shop for Italian Cypress products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Italian Cypress