La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême (2005)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême information

Year of Launch2005

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur

About La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2005

La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême fragrance notes

Reviews of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

In the interest of honesty, I should admit that I think the original Chasse Aux Papillons is one of the world's best perfumes, so I think I tend to judge Extreme a bit too harshly, just because it's a flanker to something that was already pretty much perfect.

With that, what does Extreme smell like? Well, it's got that same wonderful mix of natural-smelling jasmine and orange blossom, but paired with the smell of a freshly sawed plywood board. Given time, the slightly dusty, vaguely chemical-treated wood smell fades to a buttery smudge of sandalwood, which I think actually pairs quite well with the flowers.

To be honest, in the genre of niche woody florals, Extreme is actually pretty good, hence the thumbs up. But it's certainly not going to win me away from the original...
23rd April, 2015
La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme by L’Artisan Parfumeur opens with a face full of warm weeds. After one sniff, I braced myself for an allergy attack that (thankfully) never came. The sun drenched greens are peppery-hot and seem to share space with pencil shavings. Yep. Finally, the weeds calm down and the soapy floral starts taking over, but the weeds never really leave. Does La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme evoke a butterfly hunt in a warm flower-filled field? Yes: The fragrance has an innocent summertime feel and I’m enjoying it during the winter months. Also, longevity could be better, in spite of the fact that Extreme is part of the name. (I have this complaint with several LAP fragrances.)

3.5/5 delightful
28th December, 2012
Tuberose and cut grass - not freshly cut grass, but grass that's been cut for a few days and is turning to hay, with the sun shining on it. There's a sharpness to it which makes me not like it that much, but I do keep coming back to it so something in me must like it!
03rd July, 2012
Psychedelic butterfly white flower nectar.
17th July, 2011 (last edited: 29th July, 2011)
Fresh, green and spicy white florals.I haven't tried the original so I do not know if this is "extreme" or not. Simply a beautiful array of pink peppers and white florals.
19th April, 2009
This is a work of pure beauty. A dizzying floral bouquet that evokes a freshness and joy that is almost tangible. While I wouldn't say this fragrance is especially unisex, the Extreme version has a much more pronounced citrus/lime note that is very apparent in the drydown. The pink pepper in this fragrance is undeniable in the drydown. This citrus is beautiful and enjoyable. The original La Chasse Aux Papillons is still a beautiful floral, but it is more sheer, less sweet, less hesperidic, and definitely less spicy. It definitely falls in the realm of "feminine" for me, while the Extreme version teeters ever so slightly toward the unisex threshold. For the record -- I would purchase a bottle of this. I do not know if many other men could or would consider wearing this, but I'm unapologetic. It is quite beautiful.
12th April, 2009 (last edited: 25th December, 2009)

Add your review of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

Shop for La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême products online

Shop for La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

Member images of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême

There are no member images of La Chasse Aux Papillons Extrême yet. Why not be the first?