Ginger Ciao 2.27

Ginger Ciao 2.27 information

HouseYosh
PerfumerYosh Han

About Ginger Ciao 2.27

Ginger Ciao 2.27 is a shared / unisex perfume by Yosh. The fragrance was created by perfumer Yosh Han

Reviews of Ginger Ciao 2.27

A waxy creamy ginger note opens with vanilla, sandalwood, coconut (fairly subtle on me, I did not even detect it at first) violet notes, white musks, on a balsamic-ambery base with a medicinal hint of cloves and herbs and an aftertaste of galaxolide – the bath gel feel. A straightforward, dense and well-executed Oriental spicy opening which then tends towards a more classic, gloomy, camphor-herbal chypre like his fellow Omniscient from the same line. Here it just tends more on buttery-waxy notes and soapy accords (rather than on animalic accords like in O.). The flowers emerge better after a while, smelling great as well, powerful, vibrant, narcotic and realistic. It doesn't "turn me on", but it's a great gingery-waxy nostalgic chypre from a house I must say I quite respect so far.

7,5/10
31st May, 2014
Coconut at its best

I totally agree with cello's review, this is a coconut with edges and dark contrasts. I hadn't see such a huge work on coconut note since the gorgeous Creed's Virgin Island Water. As it warms on your skin, ginger and coconut play a beautiful dance on the stage. I really don't see this curry smell some people is talking about, but a creamy coconut mixed with a zesty ginger and some reminescent of flowers, making the whole thing as light as sunrise but at the same time as cool as sunset. I think this would be great together with Do Son!

Pros: A real interpretation of coconut, still a summer fragrance but far from being just a suntan oil like scent
Cons: Can't see any beside the price, too expensive for a 50 ml bottle."

16th July, 2013
I've been testing the original perfume oil concentration, not the more recent EDP.

I'm with Sterling Maiden in that I also think this smells like Thai green curry. It's that combination of spicy ginger, lemongrass, and coconut milk, as well as some subtle green herbs that come across as quite vegetal. Given time, the curry association fades somewhat as a creamy coconutty sandalwood comes in underneath everything. Given a couple of hours, the flowers become the stars of the show, vaguely powdery and pretty but still tropical.

I could imagine this appealing to fans of Tom Ford's Black Orchid. They share a similar appealing tropical weirdness, though Ginger Ciao is fuzzy and soft and pretty while Black Orchid is lurid and dirty and overly-strong.

After sniffing this at the store, I honestly didn't expect enjoy wearing Ginger Ciao very much, but it has won me over on skin. It's an odd one, and a bit of a novelty, but it smells fantastic on me. I can't imagine it as an everyday scent, but I'll be wearing it to a dinner party tonight and I think it'll be great there.
11th February, 2013
The opening is creamy, with hints of ginger & a suntan lotion-like coconut. The scent is weak at first, but as it slowly warms on the skin, the spiciness comes through along with the lily & ylang-ylang. l was hoping that the basil note would give this fragrance a lift, but l could not detect it on my skin. To my nose this has a similar feel to Manoumalia in it's tropical creaminess, but where the vetiver note gives Manoumalia an earthy depth, this falls rather flat in comparison. Although my sample is labelled as an EDP, this feels very oily on my skin, the sillage is low, & it's faded after five hours. l loved the sound of this, but found it disappointing.
21st January, 2012
The combination of coconut, orange and ylang-ylang (above all if combined with powdery woods and balsams as in this case) is in my opinion a sort of killer of the ideal concept of sophisticated, structured and changeful fragrance itself because its exotic kind of creaminess turns out like a sort of body detergent, a tanning oil or a nourishing buttery body lotion. In the body of Ginger Ciao the combination of ginger and basil is not able to overcome the general creaminess in order to imprint aromatic vibe and the floral notes fail in the attempt to infuse subtleness and sophistication.  The orangy and soapy black coconut is the king while the other elements are just complementary. The smell is pleasant but is the smell i usually inhale from my hands as well as i use my moisturizing foam after jogging and it is far less expensive of this one. Thanks.
26th December, 2011 (last edited: 20th October, 2014)
cello Show all reviews
Ginger Ciao comes out of the vial very creamy, in texture and smell. It is thick and tropical smelling, with a coconut vibe that sets the state of mind. But this is not just coconut smelling, it is surrounded with a dark vibe - fresh, yet with an edge. Ginger is used to sharpen this creamy note, but it stays mellow due due to some rich florals that are added. A lovely spicy lily is the culprit (one of my favorite floral notes). Basil emerges to continue the herbal slant, but the coconut floral notes are forefront. It settles into your skin and seems to become your natural smell as it drifts towards it finale.

If I were vacation on a hot, sultry night, watching the sun fall off the edge of the earth over the ocean, and I was in the mood for a little casual fun, I probably would not reach for one of my beloved Chanels. But I might reach for something like this. It has a casual, yet rich feel to it. Soft and pretty, but fun loving, and sexy due to the rich florals and edgy odd notes.
29th May, 2011

Add your review of Ginger Ciao 2.27

Shop for Ginger Ciao 2.27 products online

Search Amazon for Ginger Ciao 2.27

Member images of Ginger Ciao 2.27

There are no member images of Ginger Ciao 2.27 yet. Why not be the first?