Cacao

Cacao information

HouseAftelier
PerfumerMandy Aftel

About Cacao

Cacao is a shared / unisex perfume by Aftelier. The fragrance was created by perfumer Mandy Aftel

Cacao fragrance notes

Reviews of Cacao

This is so much fun! It really pervades the room. UK members at least will be familiar with Terry's Chocolate Orange. Well, Cacao is nothing like that. Close to where I live we have "The Chocolate Cafe", which sells among other things a wide range of hot chocolate to drink on the premises. To get the effect of Aftelier's Cacao, you would have to order a dark chocolate drink with orange oil - a much more appropriate comparison. I see there is jasmine among the notes, again, and this works well for at least two reasons: first it counterbalances the heavier and potentially more cloying notes; second, it makes the overall effect more abstract and prevents it from smelling like spilt hot chocolate. I really like this one.
08th October, 2017
I've tried this several times and each time I get a nice blood orange scent, which immediately turns to bubblegum powder and stays that way for the duration of the perfume. Perhaps it is the jasmine, but it smells exactly like that flour and sugar mix that they put on the outside of those hard pink retro bubblegums to keep them from sticking to the wrapper.

I unfortunately don't get any chocolate.
30th September, 2017
This starts off as a bit of fun. Yes, orange and chocolate are a natural pairing. My first instinct is play, however, I anticipate this will become terribly cloying as perfume. Working all day with chocolate can be a stomach churn.
In this case the Chocolate and Vanilla step back as the Jasmines combine and step forward to provide the bulk of the story.
The Citrus and Chocolate, set in the background canvas, counterpoint each other and seem to tone down the (feral)animalic and gas of the Jasmine.
Very Pretty and Feminine.
24th August, 2017
Orange-blasted bubblegum, made sparkly and effervescent somehow, over musky YooHoo chocolate-flavored drink. This reminds me of Jo Malone's Blue Agave & Cacao, but richer and oilier. I appreciate that this is sweet without being just another stereotypical marshmallow gourmand, but it's just not what I'm into.
16th August, 2017
This smells just like a Terry's Chocolate Orange, with something dark & animalic lurking beneath. That may be the jasmine, but I don't get anything overtly floral here. Three hours in, it takes on a distinctly metallic edge, which makes me suspect the presence of neroli, but otherwise there's little development, & it lasts for over seven hours.
I am not a fan of chocolate in perfume, & so I am not surprised that this one isn't for me. Someone else mentioned the cloyingly sticky fingers & faces of little children in association with it; a nauseating image that only adds to my sense of revulsion.
15th May, 2017
At first dab, you're eating chocolate fudge on a giant pile of orange peels- awesome! After a second, it turns to elegant sorbet- blood orange and mandarin, spreading out into warm, sweet, resiny roundness. A delightful gourmand romp! If it had high sillage and synthetic ingredients, it would be an unbearable mimicry of orange Tootsie Roll pops, which sadly probably exists and is quite expensive. Because it is a natural perfume, subtle and short-lived, it is a brief but genuine personal pleasure, which does not wear out it's delicious welcome.
03rd June, 2009

Add your review of Cacao

Shop for Cacao products online

Member images of Cacao

There are no member images of Cacao yet. Why not be the first?