Pink Lotus
    by Aftelier

Average Rating:

Pink Lotus information

Pink Lotus is a unisex fragrance by Aftelier.

Reviews of Pink Lotus

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

Pink Lotus opens with a potent blast of aldehydes over powdery floral notes, with a sharp chemical tang in the background. The aldehydes settle down quickly, allowing the serene, ethereal, and slightly sweet scent of the lotus blossom to float into the foreground. The harsh tangy note from the opening slowly blends into the lotus, with a base that's all fluffy powder.

There's a great deal of light in this composition and the texture is unusually open and wispy. The central floral accord sweetens and mellows over time, while the powder modulates to reveal some luscious woods in the base. The beautiful wood and floral drydown is a far cry from the aggressive aldehydes in the top notes, and the transition is pleasant as it occurs. This is not a terribly long lasting scent, nor does it project much, but I place it just beneath Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's slightly drier and more complex Padme Lotus as an exemplar of lotus fragrance.

23rd June, 2014

rogalal's avatar

Another original but odd art piece from Aftelier. While the notes and the name imply a floral perfume, it's much more of a natural smell - it smells like a place out in nature more than a perfume.

UC Berkeley has a fantastic botanical garden and, buried deep in it, there's a pond filled with lotuses and lily pads, teeming with fish and salamanders and curiously friendly hummingbirds. It's beautiful, but very boggy. I imagine that if you pulled up one of logs long submerged in that pond, they'd smell like this: woody, vegetal, lightly rotted, mossy, and soaked with the smell of fish and pond animals and green bog water. Sprinkle some peppery orange topnotes on that and add some round, resinous florals for sweetness and you'll have what Pink Lotus smells like on me. It doesn't smell bad, but it certainly doesn't smell pretty, either. Like I said before, it doesn't smell like a perfume - it smells like I'm wearing the concentrated scents of a natural place on my arm. As such, I find Pink Lotus more artful and clever than actually wearable, but for artful weirdness, I prefer the over-the-top strangeness and clever coffee and seashell notes of Aftelier's Tango over this.

04th July, 2012

waftbycarol's avatar

This is my favorite fragrance of ALL TIME !
    Earthy , fruity and sooo sexy . The sandalwood is deep and textured and priceless .
    I never want to be without it .

03rd February, 2011

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

Created for Madonna and I am a big Maddy fan . :)
    Notes of rare pink lotus and turn of the century sandalwood.
    Firstly it smells pure. Secondly,I have never smelt pink lotus absolute or oil but the aroma I am getting is unique and delicious. Delicate floral and such a wonderful sandalwood. Amazing stuff ! THIS is a quality perfume.

23rd July, 2010

artemesia's avatar

Lovely, and complex, definitely no aldehydes only natural essences.

06th May, 2009

SWAMIROSE's avatar

Yes, this fragrance was created by Sting and Trudi Styler for Madonna..... but then they decided to give it to me. I am undecided! Could be pretty - but it has a dirty edge. As time goes on, I like it more....less floral - more stank. Too bad Sting and Trudy only gave me a small sample: or so I thought. A dear friend suggested that I should have had Madonna go through security when she left in a huff. His guess is that she had my sample (the large one, in a real glass bottle) hidden in one of the deep pockets in one of those horrible rain-coats she's always lugging around.

10th March, 2009