Fantasy (2005)

HouseBritney Spears
PerfumerJames Krivda
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc

About Fantasy

Fantasy is a feminine perfume by Britney Spears. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer James Krivda

Reviews of Fantasy

For those with a sweet tooth...

Well, I never expected to review something like this... but I try not to be a snob and judge all fragrances equally so I'll try my best.

Fantasy by Britney Spears is a fruity gourmand fragrance for sure! I personally love the note of white chocolate here and I have smelled other fragrances with this note and have liked them a lot. Yes the bottle is very girly etc. and needless to say as a guy I am not a fan! But, I am trying to judge this on the juice alone so bear with me here!

First of all, I really think that when it comes to "food" notes in fragrances such as fruit or chocolate etc. the is no particular "gender" which is associated with them, so in the case of Fantasy I really think that anyone could wear this. Young or old, all that matters is that you like "sweet" or "gourmand" fragrances.

I can't pick out all the notes, but it does smell like a sweet dessert... and the notes certainly do look exotic to me! Lychee fruit, kiwi fruit, a "cupcake" accord, orchid (reminding me of the dark chocolate in Tom Ford's Black Orchid), and especially white chocolate to top it all. It does project quite strong out of the bottle (I think I have an "older" formulation bottle from 2008), but after a while it dies down to a sweet, chocolatey smell which just radiates lightly off the skin. The strange thing about this one is that it's weirdly addictive too. So I find myself wearing it more often. I personally would not wear this in the summer heat, preferring to wear it in colder weather, but it's up to you. It's not a bad fragrance, but if you're into "light" or "inoffensive" gourmands, then try this one, but if you want something in the same field but with just a little more "depth" then go for Black Orchid or Angel by Thierry Mugler.
11th December, 2014
Think bubblegum, cotton candy, pez, cupcakes and fruit wrapped up in a bottle. Great scent for a very young person. I pulled it off at 19 but I'd recommend it to someone much, much younger. Is is very fun and flirty. Careful with how much you put on because it is very easy to overkill with this one.
19th November, 2014
This is so girly, but I love it! I first got this about 5 years ago as a teenager, when I wanted to start buying my own perfumes and feeling more grown up. This was one of my first purchases and I adored it, but eventually forgot about it and the bottle disappeared.

A few months ago, an exchange student came to live with us from Mexico, and she always smelled delightful. I asked her what she was wearing, because it was so familiar, and it was Fantasy. Smelling it now reminds me of her and of when I was still at school, and it's a great fun perfume that I wear whenever I'm feeling lazy or girly or in the mood for something really sweet, mostly when I'm just sitting around at home.

On my skin, I don't really get any particular notes. I just get a creamy, slightly fruity but warm gourmand scent that's quite sweet, probably due to the white chocolate. The more I wear it, the more I can begin to make out hints of lychee or kiwi, but nothing distinctive. One of my aunts loves this too as her 'lazy day' perfume, and she's 35, so I don't really think this scent has an age. Instead, I think it's more about how you feel on the inside and what you want this perfume to make you feel.
07th November, 2012
This was one of the first perfumes I ever purchased. I've enjoyed wearing an air-sprayed spritz for a light and playful hint of scent. Smells like cotton candy minus the fluffy heat of fresh cotton candy. Yesterday, I sprayed it on my wrist for a change. It was awful. This bizarre peppery, deet scent was very prominent for several hours. I resisted the urge to scrub it off in the hope that it would eventually turn into something equally as surprising as the deet accord but much more pleasant. After a while it simmered down into a soft candy scent that was nice but not worth the wait. Either way, I'm pretty sure I have outgrown this very juvenile fragrance.
05th October, 2012
It smells ok to me, not what i expected though. Many of the reviews i read said that you got a yellow cake scent or something sweet. I smell sweet, but just fruity with musk. I know it smells differnt on everyone, but im Very disappointed that there was no cake notes in this at all. Maybe a fraction of the white chocolate like the description says, but very little. I tried it on clothes and skin. Didn't get any coconut either. Very sad
09th February, 2012
I do not have the fragrance adjectives or experience many people on Basenotes have, but I will say: this reminds me of Angel with a high powered Harajuku Lovers extra coconut, Aquolina Pink Sugar. Then it fades to warm coconut and stays there.
04th January, 2012

Add your review of Fantasy

Shop for Fantasy products online

Shop for Fantasy at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fantasy

Member images of Fantasy

There are no member images of Fantasy yet. Why not be the first?