Nanadebary Green (200)
    by Nanadebary

Shop for Nanadebary Green products online

Reviews of Nanadebary Green

Showing 1 to of 5 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

scentsitivity's avatar
    scentsitivity

A fresh, bright green scent, with just a tad of dirtiness from the spices. I like the contrast and I think this is a “just right” dirty accord: too often they are loud and in the forefront; here it works behind the scenes. The base is musky, but the green lingers. Less interesting with time to me, but nothing bad to the drydown at all. The bottle is girly, but the scent is truly unisex – a guy could easily wear this in my judgment. (Was that supposed to be a secret?) The notes per the Nanaadebary website are as follows:

Top notes: bergamot, citron
    Heart notes: basil, cardamom
    Base notes: thyme, musk, vetiver

I won’t be buying it, but a definite thumbs up.

12 April, 2009

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

GREEN is the perfect name for Nanadebary's spritely fresh fragrance! When it comes to green notes, they seem to run in a very wide range from higher pitched citrus type brights to the lower, deep and resonating bass tones of galbanum & moss. Nanadebary's Green is of the upper register. Opening with a breath of freshness, this one holds onto that high note the whole way through. Gotta love that! It also has a tea like quality, although there aren't any tea notes listed. Upon first whiff I'm instantly reminded of Bulgari's Au The Vert. They have a similar feeling, feature bergamot in their opening phase, and strangely, they also share the note of cardamom! NG ultimately is brighter and more lemony in character than the Bulgari, and overall a bit less complex. If free wheeling freshness is what you're craving, Nanadebary Green just might satisfy.

23 November, 2008

purplebird7's avatar
    purplebird7

A galbanum-free green fragrance which is tangy and strong. I'm a fan of galbanum, so this is not my first choice when I reach for the "greens." That huge, musty, earthy, somewhat bitter green note which plays a prominent role in Miss Dior and Chanel No.19 (and also in Ayalitta by Ayala Moriel) is my favorite green because it blends well with florals and Chypres. However, If you dislike galbanum, you should give Nanadebary Green a try. It is tart with the scent of lemon verbena and vetiver, aromatic with thyme, and spicy with cardamom. Don't look for much softness or sweetness, overall it is quite pungent and projects well. It smells like an armful of zesty, fresh-picked garden herbs and grasses.

17 November, 2008

Quarry's avatar
    Quarry

I'm indebted to flathorn and her lovely review for pushing me over the edge. I'd been comparing Goutal's Mandragore and Nan Green, trying to decide which suited my tastes more. I'm very happy to now have a bottle of Green. Crisp, sharp notes are NOT my friends, so Green's sweet, gentle citrus top notes make the greatest introduction for me. There is a brief rough spot for me in the middle notes I accredit to a nutty cardamom (although I could be misidentifying the source), but then it's clear sailing — mellow, mildly sweet and still refreshingly green, almost like spearmint. Official notes are: citrus and bergamot, middle notes of basil and cardamon, rounded with a base of vetiver, musk and thyme.

15 June, 2007

flathorn's avatar
    flathorn

Notes are basil, citron, bergamot, cardamom, green tea and delicate spices.
    This is my favorite green to this point. A nice fresh, crisp but soft green, perfect in summer. Its dewy green start-up isn't galbanumic like Cristalle and Trebol Gal. As its wet but airy opening notes dissipate, green tea and a subtle spicy note start to emerge. They are light and submerged to the main green theme, and stay that way through the life of the fragrance. I like this one because it really feels green, and is easy going, fresh, feminine, and summery. It has the virtue of most green fragrances - it isn't powdered - which always gives this family a freshness and naturalness that makes them appropriate in situations other perfumes aren't.

22 December, 2006 (Last Edited: 08 July, 2011)

Add your review of Nanadebary Green