Burberry London (2006)

50ml EdP
    50ml EdT
    $71.38*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 42.67)

Reviews of Burberry London

Showing 1 to 6 of 27 reviews.

jadelotus's avatar
    jadelotus

This is one case where Luca Turin and I must agree to disagree. Is Burberry London sophisticated and elegant? Absolutely not. It never claims to be. It's a happy blend of citrus and white flowers, with a barely perceptible woods-and-musk base. Unlike other perfumes of this class, every note is perfectly legible and it doesn't get murky in the middle. Not a scent I'd wear out on date night (except to a brightly lit, crowded bar), but it's a great everyday fragrance. Let's face it, I'm not going to bust out the Malle, Dior, or TF Private Blend for school drop off in jeans and a t-shirt. For cheap, cheerful, and utterly inoffensive, London can't be beat.

20th December, 2012

Meilin's avatar
    Meilin

Burberry's London is such a nice, relaxing scent. I absolutely love the jasmine notes, and the bottle fits the smell perfectly--a classic. The longevity of the scent is great--usually a little on your pressure points is enough. It's a very traditional scent, I suppose, but I absolutely love the design and scent of London. I got this perfume among others Burberry, Dior, and Chanel scents last Christmas, but this probably is a favorite.

04 November, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Very rarely do I test a fragrance and feel the sudden urge to buy it right then and there without letting it develop fully on my skin. However, London was almost an exception.

London is such a delicate and pretty floral scent. Not only is the fragrance beautiful when you first apply, but it continues its heavenly scent right until the very end. There is nothing to dislike about this fragrance.

It has a classic-like smell, possibly because of the rose and jasmine notes, however this is in no way an 'old lady' perfume. The scent is soft, feminine, youthful and elegant.

I wouldn't describe London as being outrageously sexual or provocative, because it definitely is none of those. Burberry scents are what I refer to as 'comfort scents', fragrances that you can feel comfortable wearing during the daytime, around the house, on a picnic or simply relaxing. I love that laid-back approach they have when creating their scents.

Although I have never been to London, I believe this fragrance has captured the beauty and history that makes London so special. The fragrance is also suited to England's cold climate with its ability to create warmth and uplift your spirits on a cold winter's day.

Although I resisted the urge to purchase this fragrance the other day, it will definitely stayed fixed in my wishlist until I buy it, which will probably be very soon.

27 April, 2011

lady love's avatar
    lady love
    Argentina Argentina

Very sweet and overpowering fragrance, this should only be applied in moderation.

For me this is not a floral scent, because it's to sweet like a candy.

Anyways is very longlasting.

26 January, 2011

mjcr's avatar
    mjcr

My wife owns this and I have to say it smells wonderful on her. She wore it all last winter which really is the perfect time to use it.
    To my nose it seems both fresh and floral, and then woody and musky a little later on. There is something very cosy and relaxed about it. But at other times it also comes across as rather playful and dare I say it a little sexy.
    It is certainly a fairly loud fragrance and can be a real stinger if over applied (which is quite easy - I had to ask the wife to go easy on the trigger).
    AA Gill described another Burberry fragrance as 'chav spit' and I've seen this misquoted and attributed to London as well. Well, its not Shalimar thats for sure but it's not trying to be. Its not in the realms of greatness but it is very pleasant with a slightly seductive edge. Thumbs up.

29 August, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

A beautiful elegant floral of rose, jasmine and sweet musky sandalwoods. Just... beautiful.

07 November, 2009