Burberry London (2006)

HouseBurberry
PerfumerChristophe Laudamiel
Parent CompanyInter Parfums

About Burberry London

Burberry London is a feminine perfume by Burberry. The scent was launched in 2006 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christophe Laudamiel

Reviews of Burberry London

rbaker Show all reviews
A slightly sweetish routine rose with an overly synthetic honeysuckle - this is no Creed Chevrefeuille- with a mandarin underpinning constitute the opening. The white floral drydown is heavily jasmine-oriented And leads to the usual standard white musky woodsy base.

On my skin the sillage is moderate, the projection good and I get five hours of longevity. Overall not unpleasant but nothing special. 2/5
16th June, 2015
I think ClassicFan's review sums it up for me, though his was meant for London for Men. But I feel the same way about London for Women - not bad at all for a department store fragrance. It's vaguely synthetic and airy in the way many department store fragrances are constructed, especially in the beginning. But it doesn't tip over into hairspray and the fragrance suits this type of construction. Light, everyday, every place, pleasant, inoffensive. The floral notes are airy and pretty, but not girly. There is a casual elegance to it actually, that seems to span several age groups. As it dries off, the fragrance concentrates more, reveals its bones, exactly as did Brit. That one revealed sugary fruit, which made me like it less. This one reveals pretty florals, which makes me like it more.
It has a pleasant floral soap in its drydown, and gets warmer as it ages, more sweetly floral. In about 4 hours it dissipates toward the end, and the floral seems to just suddenly go away, though the soap lingers, clean and pleasant. Much better than most white musks achieve at the end. I like the drydown better than the opening. London may be the Burberry fragrance I like best. It's an inoffensive, pleasant, daytime floral that really isn't trite, and works.
04th May, 2015 (last edited: 10th May, 2015)
Off the top you get a little bergamot but much more mimosa fruit flower. Also leather and tobacco make their appearance quickly and last. This is not a bad department store scent and the longevity is very good. To me this is mainly a fall and especially winter scent. The tobacco leaves seem really realistic and mimosa last awhile. The port wine adds sweetness to the mimosa and on the drydown you end up smelling like an old wooden chest or humidor. It'll be too synthetic for experienced connoisseurs but most people will find it pleasant.
22nd November, 2014
This is one case where Luca Turin and I must agree to disagree. Is Burberry London sophisticated and elegant? Absolutely not. It never claims to be. It's a happy blend of citrus and white flowers, with a barely perceptible woods-and-musk base. Unlike other perfumes of this class, every note is perfectly legible and it doesn't get murky in the middle. Not a scent I'd wear out on date night (except to a brightly lit, crowded bar), but it's a great everyday fragrance. Let's face it, I'm not going to bust out the Malle, Dior, or TF Private Blend for school drop off in jeans and a t-shirt. For cheap, cheerful, and utterly inoffensive, London can't be beat.
20th December, 2012
Meilin Show all reviews
Burberry's London is such a nice, relaxing scent. I absolutely love the jasmine notes, and the bottle fits the smell perfectly--a classic. The longevity of the scent is great--usually a little on your pressure points is enough. It's a very traditional scent, I suppose, but I absolutely love the design and scent of London. I got this perfume among others Burberry, Dior, and Chanel scents last Christmas, but this probably is a favorite.
04th November, 2012
Very rarely do I test a fragrance and feel the sudden urge to buy it right then and there without letting it develop fully on my skin. However, London was almost an exception.

London is such a delicate and pretty floral scent. Not only is the fragrance beautiful when you first apply, but it continues its heavenly scent right until the very end. There is nothing to dislike about this fragrance.

It has a classic-like smell, possibly because of the rose and jasmine notes, however this is in no way an 'old lady' perfume. The scent is soft, feminine, youthful and elegant.

I wouldn't describe London as being outrageously sexual or provocative, because it definitely is none of those. Burberry scents are what I refer to as 'comfort scents', fragrances that you can feel comfortable wearing during the daytime, around the house, on a picnic or simply relaxing. I love that laid-back approach they have when creating their scents.

Although I have never been to London, I believe this fragrance has captured the beauty and history that makes London so special. The fragrance is also suited to England's cold climate with its ability to create warmth and uplift your spirits on a cold winter's day.

Although I resisted the urge to purchase this fragrance the other day, it will definitely stayed fixed in my wishlist until I buy it, which will probably be very soon.

27th April, 2011