Acqua d'Estate Essenza (2005)
by Ermenegildo Zegna

Acqua d'Estate Essenza information

Year of Launch2005

HouseErmenegildo Zegna
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies > Aramis and Designer Fragrances
Parent Company at launchPinault-Printemps-Redoute > Gucci Group > YSL Beaute

About Acqua d'Estate Essenza

Acqua d'Estate Essenza is a masculine fragrance by Ermenegildo Zegna. The scent was launched in 2005

Acqua d'Estate Essenza fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua d'Estate Essenza

I haven't smelled the original version of this fragrance, so I can't compare it to that. But ADE is a light, summer, woodsy/citrus fragrance. The top notes open up with an uncomfortable synthetic note right as you first spray it on. But it instantly settles into a nice mixture of mint and grapefruit (maybe some cucumber in there as someone mentioned?).

Middle notes are cardamom and myrrh (got this from a website, so I'm not totally sure on this). I think I can smell the myrrh, but I'm not entirely sure what cardamom smells like.

Not for sure what's in the base notes, but nice as well. Nice conclusion to the fragrance.
29th January, 2012
Definintely lighter than the original Essenza di Zegna. But of course there's more than a few versions. I have the 2006 and 2008 versions and they are essentially the same. A "steam clean" style of scent like Mugler Cologne or Paul Smith Story. It's more lemony and fizzier than Mugler Cologne. A good scent for the hot temperatures.
18th April, 2009
I got a bottle of this today and it's a nice light summer version of the original Essenza Di Zegna. As a summer version, it's similar to the way Issey Miyake's L'Eau Bleue Eau Fraiche was reworked from the original L'Eau Bleue-- lots of mint. I still get that banana/dental anesthetic/anbesol note in this one-- I noticed it in the original, and I like it. Strange, but gives it a bit of character. There's a cucumber note in this as well-- this reminds me of a subtler cousin to Aramis' Surface Skin Tonic. Even though it's probably pretty synthetic-- all sharp crisp edges, it still feels like luxury to me. Doesn't seem to have extreme longevity, but it's great for hot days.
06th July, 2008

Add your review of Acqua d'Estate Essenza

Shop for Acqua d'Estate Essenza products online

Search Amazon for Acqua d'Estate Essenza

Member images of Acqua d'Estate Essenza

There are no member images of Acqua d'Estate Essenza yet. Why not be the first?