Night Scented Jasmine (2006)
by Floris

Night Scented Jasmine information

Year of Launch2006

HouseFloris

About Night Scented Jasmine

Created to celebrate 275 years of Floris.

Reviews of Night Scented Jasmine

I agree with everyone who has already reviewed this. It's a very beautiful and transparent jasmine/mixed floral scent that's subtle an non provocative. I get no musk and no vetiver and that's too bad because if those notes were amped up a bit, they could give this scent the soul that it's lacking. On me, the sillage is close to the skin. I found it at TJ maxx for $19.99 so I really can't complain.
30th October, 2011
Prettyish, sweet and very thin with none of the smokiness I look for in my jasmine. I found this for quite an inexpensive price at Winners so I don't regret the purchase. This is nice for layering. Personally I can't imagine paying full price for it, but it's pleasant enough.
12th August, 2011
An average quality Jasmine composition. You can have much better fragrances in the same vein at cheaper prices. Pleasant but ubsolutely unremarkable.
22nd June, 2011 (last edited: 04th August, 2011)
A mix of green and white floral notes, mildly indolic on the top and less so as it dries down. I am sure I would enjoy this on a lady. Notes, per the Floris website:

Top notes: citrus, green, mandarin, neroli, violet leaf
Heart notes: gardenia, iris, jasmine, lily, mimosa, narcissus, rose, ylang ylang
Base notes: amber, musky, sandalwood, vetiver
04th July, 2010

The opening presents a straightforward jasmine note with a strong green element in the mix. As the green element softens, the jasmine note, though not light and delicate, comes across as curiously devoid of its indolic potential. Jasmine is my favorite floral note, and I love those strong, indolic versions, but here I’m hard pressed to understand the reason floral note has been neutered without having been made sheer and subtle. It’s as if the jasmine has been robbed of both her sensuality and her soul. However, the question concerning the eunuch jasmine’s soullessness doesn’t last long because the jasmine note disappears quickly. What remains is an unexciting white musk to finish the endnotes.

The sillage produced by Night Scented Jasmine does present the more sheer version of the flower. This wispiness is attractive but I’m not sure that it is enough to save the fragrance from such a serious case of lack of inspiration. There are better jasmine fragrances available.

28th August, 2009

It starts with a very fresh green blast that has the smell of cheap floral soap. And it is a blast, like being slapped in the face surprise feeling. Not that pleasant. It settles down in a minute to something a little less loud. It's still very fresh, not very sensual and I think there is a musk in there like the white musk scent from the body shop. So now it smells like white musk, the same powdery freshness with floral notes. I don't really get jasmine from this if I compare it to A La Nuit or Le Jasmine from AG not even Jasmine Noir from Bvlgari. Although the latter is the closest to Night Scented Jasmine in my opinion.

It's very fresh, very daywear, very inoffensive a little floral a little musk that remains clean and it's very much not me.

I notice that if you don't try to snort your wrist that you will catch whiffs of jasmine from a distance but it remains very light and restrained.
06th February, 2009

Add your review of Night Scented Jasmine

Shop for Night Scented Jasmine products online

Shop for Night Scented Jasmine at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Night Scented Jasmine

Member images of Night Scented Jasmine

There are no member images of Night Scented Jasmine yet. Why not be the first?