Emporio Armani City Glam for Him (2005)
    by Giorgio Armani

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 63 ratings

Emporio Armani City Glam for Him Fragrance notes

Mint, Pepper, Bitter orange, Ginger, Galanga

Emporio Armani City Glam for Him information

Emporio Armani City Glam for Him is a men's fragrance by Giorgio Armani. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Emporio Armani City Glam for Him

Showing 1 to 6 of 22 reviews.

rbaker's avatar

The top notes are an astringent orange that is softened by a bit of white pepper aroma and, a bit later in the drydown, a fairly mild ginger note. This lasts for the first couple of hours and is quite pleasant, albeit not hiding its overtly synthetic characteristics. After that it goes downhill, developing into a faceless generic concoction worthy of a deodorant at best. Sillage and projection are not very good, but the longevity I get reaches nearly seven hours - not that his makes the later phases any more attractive. The top notes lift it to a neutral score. Armani has done much better than that.

06 October, 2014

KSG's avatar

Personally I enjoy this fragrance although it's now discontinued in the UK i managed to pick up a 30ml bottle last year for around £15. Even though it is nothing groundbreaking or daring i still enjoy it as an evening fragrance it's great for a night out or a summer fragrance. Worth a try in my opinion especially if you like leathery scents.

31st August, 2012

Bennsn's avatar

This was actually the first fragrance from the higher prize segment that i bought. I remember taking shy steps trough the drugstore, carefully taking a few sniffs from those expensive looking bottles in the parfum shelf and the excitement i felt when i found this one (and ordered it on ebay a couple hours later ;) ).

I was shocked to see how much hate this juice gets here on basenotes. I wonder now if i spent last year disgusting people wearing this olfactory catastrophy people are describing here or if i just have some kind of special body chemistry.

Being a little bit more experienced now i am definitely not as excited anymore as i was when i first bought it, but i still like it. It smells nothing like the name suggests, though. Nothing i find to be glamorous or city...cious? ;) It smells more like freshly washed bed sheets on a spring day.

I am wearing it right now for this review and i still can't smell anything unpleasant in it. Just a really nice comfortable, fresh, minty fragrance

05 July, 2010

cid1204's avatar

Czech Republic Czech Republic

I must admit that CG was love at first smell. I don´t know why, but I like that bubble gummy opening. But true is that CG has poor longevity and 0 projection (same from begining to the end) and fade into nothing, so I cannot give it a thumb up.

11th March, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar

Utterly pretentious cologne that has tog o home to mommy before midnight lest it turn into a pumpkin.

28 August, 2008

fusion's avatar

After reading all the bad reviews I had to test this for myself and I have to agree this stuff is bad. When I first applied it I thought its not bad but then comes the dry down in my opinion that's where it goes bad. The worst from Armani I will suggest to try before you buy if you don't you might regret it.

13 April, 2008