Dior Homme (2005)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
PackagingTsutomu Kiyama
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme

Dior Homme is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Tsutomu Kiyama

Dior Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme

Finally I received Dior Homme in the mail. It screams iris, iris, iris! one of my favorite notes. For some reason Iris smells like whiskey to me, oh well. I also smell cocoa and a bit of leather. It is very sweet but not as sweet as the Intense version. It dries down to a very elegant scent. I enjoy this fragrance very much and it is safe for the office. Just don't over do it.

22nd June, 2015
Hands down the best male designer fragrance to come out in the past 10 years! This is my personal all time favorite fragrance and is also my signature scent. Dior always uses quality ingredients and maintains a classy and sophisticated vibe while still being current. Top notch from a highly respected fragrance house. The entire Dior Homme line is amazing and I recommend trying them all.
21st June, 2015
I love this fragrance and its intense flanker.

They are as advertised, to me. The intense version lasts longer, and has added sweetness in the development, so I like it even more.

The original Dior Homme maybe holds the iris just as long or longer, and then it wears as a fantastic skin scent.

It's an instant classic, but I'll pass on a bottle because it's so much like Dior Homme Intense.
11th June, 2015
I have a strange relationship with Dior Homme. I used to love it and, according to many people who smelled it on me, Dior Homme really loves me. I've only gotten more compliments on one other fragrance ever. To me, wearing Dior Homme is like wearing the olfactory equivalent of a nice chambray shirt and a well-tailored navy blazer---it suits my age and lifestyle and I can't seem to go wrong with it. But as I learn more about fragrance and try new things, it feels a little staid. And just like I get bored with my good navy blazer and wear it anyway, I 'm getting bored with DH despite how suitable it is for me.

To be fair, it smells good. I can smell the iris note, faintly, but it fades quickly. It's strongest scent component for me is of a just-opened packet of instant hot cocoa, the kind with the tiny dried marshmallows inside. There's a powder puff, cocoa and caramelized sugar sweetness thing that's pleasant. Many reviewers mentioned a leather note that I don't get but I agree with those reviewers who picked up a suede note---it reminds me of a suede shirt I own.

Just like I need to dress up my good navy blazer with a jaunty pocket square, I've started to accessorize Dior Homme by layering it with other fragrances. Pairing it with Bulgari Black creates a nice effect on me. I follow the advice of other Basenoters and put on the Bulgari first, wait ten minutes for the burnt rubber opening blast to calm down and then spray on DH.

But the DH layering combo that gets me guaranteed compliments comes from pairing it with the ridiculously cheap Axe/Lynx body spray Dark Temptation. When I spray that and DH on together some sort of alchemy takes place and I get lots of compliments. I asked my teenage daughter, why more women talk to me when I wear the Dior Homme/Dark Temptation combo than any other scent I wear. And she told me, "Because it makes you smell like a chocolate chip cookie." Yes, but a sexy chocolate-chip cookie in a suede shirt.
23rd April, 2015
Salutation.

You can not feel bad wearning this fragrance if you are a real Gentleman!DIOR HOMME is truly one of the best fragrances in the world and for ever.very complex fragrance and very surprising how many man wear this!

My father always wears this cologne and my opinion smelled like the perfect fragrance.Definitely very SPECIAL and CLASSY.a great night fragrance for the colder months of the year.

The top notes is a little fresh with bergamot.The middle notes make the composition seem so romantic and warm.The base notes is more masculine and woody on my skin and long lasting.anyway it is HIGH QUALITY.

Thank You CD.

8.5/10
22nd April, 2015
To be honest I had so much confidence in this masterpiece as I tested the reformulation instead but got the vintage bottle due to overwhelming response to a thread I posted but to be brutally honest I think I enjoyed the reformulation more and I think it performed way better than the vintage. It was more spicy and edgy to say the least but I can't go without saying that the vintage DH feels more refined and richer. Vintage DH is without a doubt a masterpiece in its own right but compared to the reformulation, I think I'd have to say the reformulation sails my boat.
15th April, 2015