Dior Homme (2005)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
PackagingTsutomu Kiyama
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme

Dior Homme is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Tsutomu Kiyama

Dior Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme

I still cherish my bottle of Dior Homme, purchased immediately after it first came out in 2005. (Don't know if it's been reformulated since then.)

Dior Homme is a very classy, masculine oriental scent that is stable and mellow throughout the wear cycle.
The sweet quality is accented so nicely by the vetiver and cardamom, and very subtly so by the floral hint of iris. Sillage is excellent, and I always am complimented whenever I wear it.

15th January, 2017
Wonderful delicate masculine/feminine waxy iris scent with great structure ..groundbreaking in many respects regarding the use of iris..takes a stroke of genius and bravery to launch this sort of fragrance in a well established house..for the scent and originality it has to be in the masterpiece catagory. I have issues with projection and silage tho and I know nobody wants to be choked out by a scent but I still want people to smell me or what's the point ??. I've been layering this scent with the parfum version and get great results.
11th October, 2016
Just received my dior today.im pretty excited because all the hype about this fragrance and this is my second blindbuy (1st is encre noir by lalique).

What can i say,my honest opinion, this fragrance is just a average smell for me.after the first spray all you can smell is iris(lipstick smell)then after 15 minutes you can smell the cacao,vetiver and leather.nothing special about this one.it doesn't make me wow!!

Im expected more from this.i think dior sauvage is more better for me.

Ysl la nuit is much better,masculine,sharp,and sexy for me.

Sillage : average
Longevity : average
Smell : average
18th May, 2016
Sweet and comforting, great scent. Impressive performance, this one lasts at least 8 hours on me. I do get the lipstick note but it's not cloying or offensive. I'd say it's better for office or formal wearings.
29th March, 2016
Timeless masterpiece. Get ready for the compliments.
17th February, 2016
As a former hardcore wearer of the original 2005 formula, i have to say that all newer formulations, while still good, are a lesser comparison.

The original 2005 formula packed those intense "dramatic" transitions between top/middle/base. The way it greets you with that carrot seed paralyzing intense iris opening, then completely morphing into this dark enveloping dusty woody cacao veil in the drydown is just mesmerizing. And it does it in such a dramatic in-your-face fashion.

The newer versions lack this intensity and drama i'm talking about. They blur those lines between top/middle/base, taming the entire composition down, making it smoother (not in a good way), less avant-garde, more predictable and almost linear. I still get the iris opening but it seems to be more behaved and fused in what to follow next in the scent's development.
In other words: PREDICTABLE.

So if you want to experience the true glory of this composition, grab a 2005 bottle if you can.
13th January, 2016