Dior Homme (2005)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
PackagingTsutomu Kiyama
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme

Dior Homme is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Tsutomu Kiyama

Dior Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme

Now and then a fragrance is launched that smells completely unique. This is it; and my second bottle! I have the Intense version too.
Like the reviews said it's powdery, old ladies handbag, lipstick, yet warmly masculine all at the same time. The dry down is true to the opening; it has great lasting ability. A wonderful all year fragrance that has garnered some comments. It has become one of my all time favourites.
12th March, 2017
Mmm...this is very nice. Sweet, but not too sweet...floral, but not too floral. The vetier brings a nice balance to the lavender and iris, and the leather settles it into a delightful gentleman's fragrance that's very, eh..."suited" for formal wear. GREAT! This is another fragrance I'm going to need...I'm a sick man!
05th March, 2017
Quite possibly one of the greatest fragrances I have ever smelled, the Iris opening to the cocoa drydown is very captivating. I am a sucker for Iris whether it is considered feminine or not, I have always adored the smell and love wearing it. Ever since I was a child I would sneak into my mothers make-up stash and sniff her lipstick because of that Iris smell, i've always loved it.

I wish the Iris stuck with the life of this fragrance but it doesn't, atleast not on me, and that's fine. It does stick around quite a while though, about 1-2 hours. After that it's all cocoa and it smells fantastic, not too sweet, not cloying at all. Just the right amount.

While not trying to impress others, this fragrance is more for the person wearing it.

Packaging: 8.25/10
Quality: 10/10
Scent: 10/10
Uniqueness: 10/10
Longevity: 8/10
Sillage: 7/10
Versatility: 8/10

Overall: 8.75

20th February, 2017
I still cherish my bottle of Dior Homme, purchased immediately after it first came out in 2005. (Don't know if it's been reformulated since then.)

Dior Homme is a very classy, masculine oriental scent that is stable and mellow throughout the wear cycle.
The sweet quality is accented so nicely by the vetiver and cardamom, and very subtly so by the floral hint of iris. Sillage is excellent, and I always am complimented whenever I wear it.

15th January, 2017
Wonderful delicate masculine/feminine waxy iris scent with great structure ..groundbreaking in many respects regarding the use of iris..takes a stroke of genius and bravery to launch this sort of fragrance in a well established house..for the scent and originality it has to be in the masterpiece bracket. Performance is just right for me ..projects two feet and last's most of the day without ever becoming cloying or irratating. The fragrance is that good I often just smell the cap and smile.
11th October, 2016 (last edited: 23rd March, 2017)
Just received my dior today.im pretty excited because all the hype about this fragrance and this is my second blindbuy (1st is encre noir by lalique).

What can i say,my honest opinion, this fragrance is just a average smell for me.after the first spray all you can smell is iris(lipstick smell)then after 15 minutes you can smell the cacao,vetiver and leather.nothing special about this one.it doesn't make me wow!!

Im expected more from this.i think dior sauvage is more better for me.

Ysl la nuit is much better,masculine,sharp,and sexy for me.

Sillage : average
Longevity : average
Smell : average
18th May, 2016