Dior Homme (2005)

Based on 1198 ratings

Dior Homme Fragrance notes

Iris, Cardamom, Vetiver, Lavender, Leather

Dior Homme information

Dior Homme is a men's fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2005 and the bottle was designed by Tsutomu Kiyama

Shop for Dior Homme products online

150ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    100ml EdT

Reviews of Dior Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 258 reviews.

1009's avatar

Just purchased a bottle of what must be the reformulated version. Whilst the old version was a dynamic powerhouse, the new stuff is flat and weak, lasting 1-2 hours at most on my skin. Very disappointing.

22 July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

I'd better find a piece of furniture to duck behind before I get going here...

Dior Homme has a very conventional sweet citrus opening, with a blend of abundant white flowers welling up underneath. A very strong, soapy lavender soon takes center stage, while the persistent citrus note grows so tart as to become discordant. The much-vaunted iris starts out very deeply buried under all the heaps of lavender.

It takes at least a half an hour for the ugly citrus top note to fade and the lavender to loosen its grip enough to release any of the other notes. Only then does the iris come into full focus, surrounded by a white floral bouquet and resting on some rather anemic woods and just a touch of powder. Quite a bit of sweet fruit lingers through the development, and this leaves Dior Homme smelling a little ordinary to me, given the number of saccharine fruity designer scents on today's market. By the time it's reached its powdery, soapy dry down, I've lost all interest in this fragrance.

Did I say "ordinary" somewhere? Thought so. I'll take Iris Silver Mist, Iris Bleu Gris, Bois d'Iris, or Iris Poudre over Dior Homme any day.

12 June, 2014

pandaKrusher's avatar

Books. This smells exactly like a bunch of books. Specifically, a library built in the 1960s. Every time I wear it, I'm controlling a microfiche machine. I am the only person on the Internet who thinks Dior Homme smells like books (I checked). Maybe it's because my childhood library also sold lipstick and powder and was adjacent to an iris farm.

I don't know if I like it, so in my confusion I am giving it a thumbs up. I need to return an overdue book.

28 May, 2014

Preston H's avatar

I originally bought this in 07 and gave it to a girlfriend of mine because I didn't feel it was a scent for a man. I tried it again at sephora while waiting on my brother and this time it seemed a little drier, less sweet. One thing is still the same, it's the perfect night scent. I wouldn't recommend wearing this when the sun is out. This was created for nightclubs and bars, if you're looking for trouble ;)

22 May, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

I bought the reformulation bottle several months ago.
    This is a classy fragrance. great for special occasions like wedding day, a date, work meetings and ...
    But you can also wear it casually!
    Start with huge dose of iris and some sweetness and also some coco. only hint of coco!
    After that, in the dry down, the sweet and powdery iris comes in and this is the best part of this fragrance in my opinion! and also it's the worst part of this fragrance for so many guys out there!
    Because this part is feminine for them and they get lipstick vibe!
    But I don't have any problem with this scent and I think it's a great scent!
    In the base, the iris is still there with some sweetness and only hint of spicy and woodsy notes.
    Great smell but average projection and above average longevity with this guy.

10th May, 2014

MarquisdeSod's avatar

Dior "Homme" - Marketing over Manliness
    So I finally got my nose on the newer Dior line, L'Eau, Sport, Intense, and I don't think it's worth tackling all of them in reviews beyond saying they're astonishingly mediocre. So I'll stick to thir daddy, the acclaimed Dior "Home", "Homme" in quotation marks as this is perhaps the most feminine thing I've ever smelled on either side of the fragrance aisle, Miss Dior Cherie is a butch flannel-wearing trucker compared to this delicate flower.

Look I'm all for a little gender bending in perfumery as long as it's done within reason, but Dior Homme smells like something straight out of the venerable Britney Spears line. From the vaunted lipstick (iris) top note to what strikes me as a cocoa and orange blossom drydown, this smells like the cosmetic-encumbered hand bag of a 15 year old girl. I don't get sophistication, and there's certainly nothing "homme" about this fagrance.

Dior "Homme" is, however, a testament to what good marketing and brand image will do for you. Frankly, this smells like something that belongs in the Katie Perry or Rihanna range of Coty-made air fresheners, it's not at all distinct and frankly, but not for the "Dior" provenance the scent could easily lost among the sea of teeny-bopper gourmands. I'm told what I smelled has been reformulated, but unless they pulled out a giant gob of cedar or oud in the original incarnation I very much doubt my opinion would change.

Ladies that are looking for a soft floral gourmand might want to look at this, but then again, Rihanna Rebelle does something very similar at 1/4 the price, so I can't even recommend it for the ladies.

Dior Homme is a testament to marketing savvy, the actual product is a middle of the road feminine gourmand. Fortunately I didn't go for a blind buy, I got a couple samples, and will be giving away the second, yuck.

24 April, 2014

Add your review of Dior Homme

Search for on eBay United States

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior 3.4.oz./100 ml.EDP Spray for Men(sku:15232)
    • Time Left: 16 days
    Dior Homme Eau For Men
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 28 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    CHRISTIAN DIOR HOMME INTENSE EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 50 ML / 1.7 OZ (UNB)
    • Time Left: 22 days