Dior Homme (2005)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
PackagingTsutomu Kiyama
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme

Dior Homme is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Tsutomu Kiyama

Dior Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme

I sniffed this on the strip at Sephora a few times. The top notes smelled carboardish to me and I walked away from it on each occasion.
Then one day I gave myself a good spray and left.

About a half hour later I got out of my car and a breeze picked up the scent and sent it swirling about. I was like, oh wow, this is beautiful.

The worst thing I can say about it is that the scent does have a bit of lipstick-ishness. But if you can get over that, I was able to, this scent is a real gem.

This is the best designer/mainstream fragrance that I own.

Longevity is great for an EDT. Sillage is mighty, too.

This is a 10. What a surprise.
15th April, 2018
This to me is as good as perfection...... Love at first sniff... This defo better for a day scent, and Intense better for evening, or date night, either way these are what all designer frags should be aiming towards, the quality is undeniably top notch. Quality through and through.
Big thumbs up for me.
02nd March, 2018
Where to start? This wonderful creation has changed my olfactory life! I really don't know where to begin so i'll begin by bouncing off of a previous review:

I disagree that it smells like a women's fragrance. Yes its general feel is sweet (but never sickly) but it smells nothing like any perfume aimed at women, past or present. Its base and background have very traditional masculine notes which is what makes it so beautifully ambiguous. It is a genuinely 21st century perfume, it could not have come from any other time in history. In some ways you could imagine a dandified gent in the 1920's wearing it but i think it's too subtle a scent for that time period.

You will hear and read many people saying that Dior Homme Intense is the better and much improved version of this perfume but i strongly disagree with that notion too. DHI amplifies the most populist aspects of Dior Homme but to my nose it is a sugar-candy cartoon of the original and lacks all the refinement, subtlety and perfect balance of Dior Homme.

There is so much that is perfect about this rare gem of a perfume that i simply don't have the words for. I was completely under its spell from the first time we met and i have never tired of it. It feels warm and cosy without ever feeling overly spiced so i find i can happily wear it all year around. The iris has a gentle sweetness that is just the right level so you would never be accused of wearing some dreadful Britney Spears concoction (!) and the amber, leather, sage and patchouli root the whole fragrance in a groundedness that confirms this to be indeed a masculine fragrance. But of course a masculine fragrance that a woman could well enjoy wearing if she so chose to do so, i think it would make just as intriguing a fragrance on women as it does on men.

And i'm pleased to (selfishly) say i have very rarely encountered Dior Homme on anyone other than myself which either means that is doesn't shout at people or it simply isn't popular with the masses. I think both are true. It probably doesn't appeal to a lot of men, but the ones it does appeal to are just the sort you'd like to know!

I have no doubt in my mind that Dior Homme EDT will go on to be considered an undisputed classic if it is not already and i cannot salute Dior enough for making this their flagship mens line... and for creating trite like Sauvage to distract the tasteless masses!!
18th November, 2017

One of the most important fragrances in male perfumery history!!

Almost edible!

Very fresh and light with the obvious iris blast. Great for daytime but could easily be worn for more formal settings.

Original, Captivating and sophisticated. Love it!!

07th November, 2017 (last edited: 27th March, 2018)
A very sexy and sensual lip stick scent that i only on very special occasions.
A must have for the sexually active individual.
it just puts me in the mood !
10th October, 2017
BoxPred Show all reviews
I avoided this one for a while but wish I hadn't. Will surely go down as one of the classics. A unisex scent but I would prefer to describe it as a unique masculine. Has the infamous smell of lipstick, making it an acquired taste for some. I never tire of this one. An all time great from the house of Dior.
25th September, 2017