Dior Homme (2005)

PerfumerOlivier Polge
PackagingTsutomu Kiyama
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dior Homme

Dior Homme is a masculine fragrance by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge. The bottle was designed by Tsutomu Kiyama

Dior Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dior Homme

Just received my dior today.im pretty excited because all the hype about this fragrance and this is my second blindbuy (1st is encre noir by lalique).

What can i say,my honest opinion, this fragrance is just a average smell for me.after the first spray all you can smell is iris(lipstick smell)then after 15 minutes you can smell the cacao,vetiver and leather.nothing special about this one.it doesn't make me wow!!

Im expected more from this.i think dior sauvage is more better for me.

Ysl la nuit is much better,masculine,sharp,and sexy for me.

Sillage : average
Longevity : average
Smell : average
18th May, 2016
Sweet and comforting, great scent. Impressive performance, this one lasts at least 8 hours on me. I do get the lipstick note but it's not cloying or offensive. I'd say it's better for office or formal wearings.
29th March, 2016
Timeless masterpiece. Get ready for the compliments.
17th February, 2016
As a former hardcore wearer of the original 2005 formula, i have to say that all newer formulations, while still good, are a lesser comparison.

The original 2005 formula packed those intense "dramatic" transitions between top/middle/base. The way it greets you with that carrot seed paralyzing intense iris opening, then completely morphing into this dark enveloping dusty woody cacao veil in the drydown is just mesmerizing. And it does it in such a dramatic in-your-face fashion.

The newer versions lack this intensity and drama i'm talking about. They blur those lines between top/middle/base, taming the entire composition down, making it smoother (not in a good way), less avant-garde, more predictable and almost linear. I still get the iris opening but it seems to be more behaved and fused in what to follow next in the scent's development.
In other words: PREDICTABLE.

So if you want to experience the true glory of this composition, grab a 2005 bottle if you can.
13th January, 2016
I decided to get a sample of this and try it since it's listed as one of the top ten sexiest masculine fragrances on a woman in the "A-Z Guide to Perfume!" I have to admit that I almost didn't want to try this one on, after I smelled it sprayed on a card from a tester bottle in a store! First of all, this one has a lot of sillage! (Although, in all fairness, I find many masculine fragrances do!) And secondly, on the card, and to my nose, it smelled like an Axe body spray! :D I love Axe body sprays, but I won't wear them because their advertising is so oriented toward very young males that it would just make me feel weird!
Today, I finally tried Dior "Homme" on from a small sample that I got. I only applied a very small amount dabbed on with the stick in the sample tube, and it still has big time sillage and projection. A bit too much for my taste actually, so I really don't think I would ever wear this one. That said, on me, and to my nose, it does actually smell like a high quality fragrance, not really like Axe, like I first thought! I think this is one I might consider buying as a gift for a man, since I think it would probably be really sexy and classy on a guy! But, on myself, I would definitely rather wear "Gris Clair" by Serge Lutens, which has very similar notes (as Dior "Homme") but, to me, "Gris Clair" just smells better! I am definitely giving Dior "Homme" a thumbs up and four stars, and recommending it to all the guys though! If you haven't tried it yet, you definitely should! I just don't necessarily think it should be listed as a great choice for a woman!
24th December, 2015
One of the best male fragrances ever. A beautiful, dark, elegant concoction of iris, cardamom and something that resembles raw cocoa.

Timeless classic and approved by ladies and gentlemen alike.
23rd December, 2015