Soul by Curve for Women (2005)
    by Liz Claiborne

Soul by Curve for Women Fragrance Notes

Reviews of Soul by Curve for Women

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

exciter76's avatar
    exciter76

"Soul by Curve" is not, by any means, an original scent; it quite reminds me of Bath and Body Works' "Water Blossom Ivy", which I adored. It was simple, sure, but it was great for humid summer days when one wanted to invoke the feeling of calm, cool waters. Soul by Curve hearkens back to that tranquil watery vibe. I live in California where the summer temperatures can be brutal and any kind of fragrance can be too cloying. Soul by Curve has managed to stay light and cool under such intense heat. Most surprising for a watery fragrance of this sort, the sillage is decent and it lasts a relatively long time.

My only complaint about this fragrance is its bottle. Whenever I grab this fragrance I feel a bit like I've nabbed a perfume from a thirteen year old. It's a cute bottle but the sticker label is a bit cheeky, and not in a good way. However, if the uninspired labeling is how I was able to obtain this perfume for such a ridiculously low price, then I have no complaints.

10th December, 2011

Haudry's avatar
    Haudry

I like this one. It starts out as a wet floral. After it dries down, the woods come through just enough to cut the sweetness and create something more cool and refreshing. I think it is very youthful and would be most appropriate for spring/summer.

14 March, 2009

foetidus

Soul is basically a sweet floral woody that tries to establish an identity of some sort with a few tropical notes: lotus leaf, water lily, bamboo (hydroponic, no less) and cactus flower. But the identity that comes across is principally… sweet… sweet and adolescently floral. It’s a light scent and it doesn’t last very long, but I don’t see either of those characteristics as any sort of tragedy.

20th December, 2008

sd1207's avatar
    sd1207

I like this scent very much; unfortunately, it doesn't last long on me at all.

10th October, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

This mix of notes really doesn't work well for me. The waterflowers, white flowers and incensy musk are not a pleasant combo. At the end of the drydown smells cloying and old lady-ish.

21st September, 2006

Shycat's avatar
    Shycat

Soft forals are my favorite family and this one is OK. It is sweet, wet lily. I was disressed when I got it as a gift because it reminded me of Lucky You. On a wrist to wrist they still bring the same feel to me, but Soul is less soapy and less powdery and sweeter. I don't think I'll ever wear it because it's still got that highschool hospital candystriper vibe, but for an actual highschool hospital candystriper it could be OK. I guess.

17 November, 2005