Mahogany (2004)

Based on 28 ratings

Mahogany information

Mahogany is a unisex fragrance by Etro. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Mahogany

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.

andys's avatar

Certainly quirky and the top definitely makes me think marijuana, but sufficiently interesting to merit seeking this (relatively) hard to find fragrance.

26 August, 2012

victormihajlov's avatar

Anyone has idea why Etro Mahogany is not listed officially among Etro perfumes?
    I had a chance to try it recently and according to my tast it's not an tipocal Etro type of fragrance. I would define it as a nice, very unique, very tender and very elegant mascular fragrance.
    I would qualified it primerily as a men fregrance.

21st January, 2012 (Last Edited: 06 April, 2012)

Darvant's avatar

In the course of the  first ten minutes of the short development this fragrance turns out like the smell of your hands as well as you have rolled a cigarette of tobacco and red marijuana  after having piled mandarines and oranges. The citrusy harshness is made of orange, lime, bergamot, black pepper, vetiver, dry amber and spices. The aromatic and edible note of marjoram and dry spices (that imprint the typical touch of exoticism from Etro) enhance the dust but i would talk rather about general tartness than about dust or earthy harshness. Some herbs are mixed in the blend i suppose, together with tart cedar. The smell doesn't evolve so much with time, becoming just woodier with a sheer note of sandalwood expressing its balancing role and going to become smoother because of a chord of faint vanilla and soft musk. In the time the temperament holds on being woodsy and basically tart and  grassy although with a less impressive strength. Mahogany is basically a fragrance grounded on a base of vetiver and citrus in my opinion, it's a very citrusy vetiver as well as Vetiver Etro is a very herbal and grassy vetiver. A touch of smoke and olibanum colour the woods of the base. It's in the same vein but less distinguisced, rooty and masculine of Terre d'Hermes. Not bad.

16 November, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

Notes: bergamot, marjoram, cypress, clove, cumin, pepper, sandalwood, vetiver, vanilla, musk, amber
    Revised review --
    This is a nice, pleasant scent. It is in a spicy style with a hint of wood. The spices are well done: cumin, clove and pepper are distinct and yet well blended. Together, they create a warm/cool vibe. I wish the woods were a bit more distinct but this is a good scent.

12 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 07 January, 2013)

merry.waters's avatar

Egypt Egypt

It resembles the odor of mahogany quite well. In my memory mahogany tends to smell a bit sharp at a fresh raw edge. A bit more than other woods, specific. Etros composition dries down to, well, a very dry, trustworthy wood, dark, solid and restrained. Not much of a development.

It should be used with care. If it leaves a trace in the air or even envelopes the wearer perceptible for others, that would be a misuse, in my opinion. I'm convinced its real merits lie in being a whiff, that reminds of something having structural strength, giving a relaxing confidence.

Sufficient longevity.

13 January, 2010

Redneck Perfumisto's avatar

I tried Mahogany because I'm a woodaholic and was looking for something different. I agree with the others that it's a rather synthetic smell - in my mind, it's akin to a hardwood floor with a pleasant but strong varnish. Someone else (the_good_life, I think) likened it elsewhere to being smacked in the forehead with a two-by-four, and I would concur, and add that the wood has been highly treated, sanded, turpentined, and varnished with something really, really synthetic. I will admit to liking it, as does my wife, but if you don't love wood in almost every form, I suggest care in choosing this scent. It's light, and projection and sillage are low, which are, to some extent, saving graces for something which errs on the side of being synthetic. Drydown gets better, not worse, so you have something to look forward to. But longevity is not great here, so those who are really put off by the need for reapplication should stay away. Glad I bought it, but not as much as I had hoped.

23 August, 2008

Add your review of Mahogany

Search for on eBay United States

Mahogany ETRO 3.3 oz 100 ml Eau de Toilette Perfume Spray VERY RARE 1/2 Full edt
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 27 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    MAHOGANY BY ETRO 3.3 oz / 3.4 oz ( 100 ml ) EDT Spray WOMEN NEW IN BOX
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 16 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)