Belle de Nuit
    by Fragonard

Belle de Nuit Fragrance notes

Flowers, Fruit, Musk

Reviews of Belle de Nuit

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

While I do find this fragrance pretty, it's a little too soapy for my liking. It smells like an expensive bar of old-fashioned, floral soap.

The floral notes aren't as pronounced and as creamy as I would like them to be. The geranium tends to be quite prominent, adding a strange tartness to the scent.

Initially Belle de Nuit smelt grassy on my skin, and a little sharp. I found some similarities between this fragrance and Pure by DKNY. However once the scent had developed into the heart, the florals became much more balanced, with a slightly rich and juicy plum note.

In a warmer environment the gardenia, rose and violet really tend to shine, however in this cold weather in which I'm testing it now, Belle de Nuit smells literally like soap and musk. Due to this observation, Belle de Nuit is better suited to the delightful Spring weather.

Belle de Nuit lacks sweetness and powdery-ness which is something you often expect with florals. It does however have a very 'perfume-y' feel to it.

I'm young, and unfortunately I don't think that this perfume suits my age category. Belle de Nuit is more for a mature woman with a very clear approach to life. This fragrance is classic, a little old-fashioned and clean. Nothing in this composition hints at anything particularly sexy or daring.

The lasting power is impressive and the sillage is delicate and intimate. This fragrance, although it is not really to my taste, is something that I can imagine a caring mother wearing. Belle de Nuit is a scent that I'd like to remember a role-model in my life smelling of.

01st March, 2012

merw's avatar
    merw
    Turkey Turkey

My best friend gave me a bottle of Belle de Nuit as a present from Eze. At first smell, I thought "This is a scent I know but which..." then an hour later I got it: J'Adore. It smells a lot like J'Adore but I like Belle de Nuit better. In Fragonard's site, headline for this fragrance says :"Belle de Nuit is an original, deep rich harmony of flowers and fruit on a warm velvety bottom note of musk. A precious fragrance, as magical as an Arabian night!" Well, they got it right because Belle de Nuit is a strong floral musk which reminds you of that hot, sand-coloured and sun-washed places and the oriental air of their women. %76 volume edp is -of course- quite durable, it basically lives with you. It feels very feminine; it's not like overly trying to be sexy but knowing yourself and your charm and appreciating it. Confident, warm and rich. In short, beautiful :)

13 October, 2010

ysatis's avatar
    ysatis
    Ukraine Ukraine

subtle scent for "dress-code" evening events, such as corporate meetings

08 August, 2010

Qwerty2008's avatar
    Qwerty2008

Belle de Nuit is indeed a beauty - exquisitely composed of night blooms, fruits and a sultry musky amber base. Although the official florals are mirabilis, rose, geranium, violets accompanied by plum, I pick up indolic white flowers, jasmine and tuberose in addition to the rose-geranium.

Belle de Nuit is a strong, sexy and heavier floral, and very classic and traditional in that it is formulated like perfumes of the past, not the recent "fresh", sugary concoctions. It comes across as a very light floriental, and it reminds me very much of a airier, whiter Tresor with its floral top notes and subtle Musk-Amber basenotes, without Tresor's compelling sillage.

The top notes are very bright, white florals, and the opening is a heady, pretty bouquet that is fresh yet indolic and not too sweet or cloying. This quickly (too quickly, imo,...) makes way for the opulent, softly powdered oriental heart which slowly curls around the body and warms the night air. There is no overwhelming intoxication, la Belle de Nuit is a sultry, feminine, maddeningly seductive but elusive presence, not a femme fatale who demands urgent passions. It is a bold but classically sophisticated temptress.

I am pleased to give this exquisite creature its first review, even as I wonder why it has been neglected since its debut in 2001?

05 May, 2010