Capucine
by Fragonard

Capucine information

HouseFragonard

About Capucine

Capucine is a feminine perfume by Fragonard.

Capucine fragrance notes

Reviews of Capucine

With my lack of finesse in French language, I assumed this fragrance would smell like a cappuccino. When I realised it didn't, I turned to research and found that the direct translation into English was a type of water cress called Nasturtium. Apparently it is known for its tangy and peppery flavour.

Well Capucine is neither a cappuccino nor a pungent tasting herb. This fragrance is actually quite a delicate, creamy and sweet floral.

It has a lovely French aura to it, that makes me grasp for the words classic and feminine. It's nothing particularly unique, but it's a scent that stays with me long after it's gone.

I get mostly creamy, slightly powdered rose and jasmine with a rich tea note that brings a touch of masculinity and boldness to the composition. At times this fragrance is mysterious, but its occasional candied sweetness brings it back to the land of the predictable.

It has one of the nicest musky drydowns I've found in a fragrance, with the distinctive creamy, vanillac sweetness working well in the base.

The lasting power is great for that of an EDT, and I can only imagine how much richer and creamier the pure parfum version of this fragrance would be.
12th April, 2012
Interesting. I'd call this an aquatic oriental. Hmmm, not a felicitous combination.
Somewhat rich, somewhat sweet. The green tea note is OK.
Definitely powdery in a fairly straightforward manner.
To be honest, I don't see a lot of depth nor complexity here.
A sweet, powdery, somewhat girlish scent. That's about it.
In the dry-down, vanilla and sweetness increases. Appreciation decreases.
24th January, 2011
Laurent, you're absolutely right ! I'd just add that it's such a complex fragrance based on opposite sides : it can be either rich and extravagant or as innocent as a baby powder !!
16th March, 2007
Waow and I mean Waow.
This is a very serious scent it is Oriental and deep like its logo It has a deep oriental purple scent.
It is a one way scent that grows deeper.
The ingredients are making one straight scent.
I do see this scent as a very formal black dress scent or strong colors like red-purple-dark green,
I would not see a shy women wearing this scent it is powerfull with full character.
A more mature lady would wear this scent so well.
But dont get me wrong it is a jewel like a well choregraphed ballet but not for everybody.
A bit like Rolls Royce Grant Extravagant.
Warm Rich Sweet Deep Velvety
Laurent
13th September, 2005

Add your review of Capucine

Shop for Capucine products online

Search Amazon for Capucine

Member images of Capucine

There are no member images of Capucine yet. Why not be the first?