by Fragonard

Vetyver information

About Vetyver

Vetyver is a masculine fragrance by Fragonard.

Vetyver fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetyver

I miss this fragrance

My partner and I were on a European trip when I picked this up at the factory in France. It was "Love at First Sniff". This is the only fragrance I have ever found that was a perfect match to my body chemistry.

Sadly, the original purchase is almost exhausted and nothing available in the US has the same appeal to me. I was disappointed to see it has been reformulated, but will purchase a bottle to see if it is close enough.

This was an excellent product and I will miss it.

The "con" I listed was that both of us noticed that the metal containers leaked in transit. I loved the fragrance but did not appreciate having it spill in the suitcase.

Pros: clean fragrance on my body
Cons: not well packaged."

27th September, 2013
BE CAREFUL. As from 2011, the new VETYVER is a totally different creation from the original.

The former Vetyver was very close to TSAR (Van Cleef) if you see what I mean, whereas the latter version has nothing to do with it. It is now a fresher, more modern composition, that I have tried, but quicly did not like on me (too acid, too aggressive).

I am sorry the first version of Vetyver has disappeared since it was a real classic. I recently bought a genuine bottle of Tsar by Van Cleef, which is very close but the price is not the same.

It is the same with SANTAL, so be careful when you comment upon a scent that you are actually all talking about the same product.

09th February, 2012
MY SIGNATURE SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a 200ml bottle but I fear to finish it soon.. excellent, superb, the combination fo pine and cedar is well balanced and the vetiver aftertaste give elegance.simple but not simplicistic. a first sight love. I highly reccomend it. sometimes it has been defined as dark but no, better to say green
27th May, 2010
The first time I tried this one,I pretty much disliked it, but I had a strong feeling that it would turn out to be the kind of fragrance I would enjoy. And learn to enjoy it, I did. Fragonard Vetyver is primarily a ”direct” vetiver. I was at first tempted to call it “raw,” but it isn’t raw… it just doesn’t have those gut wrenching vibrations that are the signature of the original Route du Vetiver and a few others. This vetiver fragrance is natural and somewhat strong initially… It is a bit rustic and a lot masculine. It took me a while to get used to it, but once I was used to it, I love it. Vetyver is a masculine take on vetiver complete with definite woody elements of pine and cedar. It also features a lemon note that freshens it enough to give it a fresh / green ambiance. Fragonard Vetyver is classic, but it freshness keeps it in fashion.

10th May, 2010 (last edited: 20th January, 2011)
Naxman Show all reviews
Very clean smell opine and cut grass
27th May, 2009
The opening stinks but it stinks in an old fashioned, aristocratic Gallic manner. People might come to the conclusion that scores of your ancestors were guillotined by Robespierre during the revolution!

Do you care for Route du Vetiver? The Third Man? Fourme' d'Ambert on crackers? About a 9+ on the machometer. Interesting and unusual take on Vetiver.
11th March, 2009 (last edited: 23rd December, 2011)

Add your review of Vetyver

Shop for Vetyver products online

Search Amazon for Vetyver

Member images of Vetyver

There are no member images of Vetyver yet. Why not be the first?