Vetyver

Based on 27 ratings

Vetyver Fragrance notes

Vetiver, Pine needles, Lemon, Cedar

Vetyver information

Vetyver is a men's fragrance by Fragonard.

Reviews of Vetyver

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

markmidmo's avatar

I miss this fragrance

My partner and I were on a European trip when I picked this up at the factory in France. It was "Love at First Sniff". This is the only fragrance I have ever found that was a perfect match to my body chemistry.

Sadly, the original purchase is almost exhausted and nothing available in the US has the same appeal to me. I was disappointed to see it has been reformulated, but will purchase a bottle to see if it is close enough.

This was an excellent product and I will miss it.

The "con" I listed was that both of us noticed that the metal containers leaked in transit. I loved the fragrance but did not appreciate having it spill in the suitcase.

Pros: clean fragrance on my body
    Cons: not well packaged."

27 September, 2013

Aliks's avatar

France France

BE CAREFUL. As from 2011, the new VETYVER is a totally different creation from the original.

The former Vetyver was very close to TSAR (Van Cleef) if you see what I mean, whereas the latter version has nothing to do with it. It is now a fresher, more modern composition, that I have tried, but quicly did not like on me (too acid, too aggressive).

I am sorry the first version of Vetyver has disappeared since it was a real classic. I recently bought a genuine bottle of Tsar by Van Cleef, which is very close but the price is not the same.

It is the same with SANTAL, so be careful when you comment upon a scent that you are actually all talking about the same product.

09 February, 2012

Corrado Finardi's avatar

MY SIGNATURE SCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a 200ml bottle but I fear to finish it soon.. excellent, superb, the combination fo pine and cedar is well balanced and the vetiver aftertaste give elegance.simple but not simplicistic. a first sight love. I highly reccomend it. sometimes it has been defined as dark but no, better to say green

27 May, 2010

The first time I tried this one,I pretty much disliked it, but I had a strong feeling that it would turn out to be the kind of fragrance I would enjoy. And learn to enjoy it, I did. Fragonard Vetyver is primarily a ”direct” vetiver. I was at first tempted to call it “raw,” but it isn’t raw… it just doesn’t have those gut wrenching vibrations that are the signature of the original Route du Vetiver and a few others. This vetiver fragrance is natural and somewhat strong initially… It is a bit rustic and a lot masculine. It took me a while to get used to it, but once I was used to it, I love it. Vetyver is a masculine take on vetiver complete with definite woody elements of pine and cedar. It also features a lemon note that freshens it enough to give it a fresh / green ambiance. Fragonard Vetyver is classic, but it freshness keeps it in fashion.

10th May, 2010 (Last Edited: 20th January, 2011)

Naxman's avatar

Very clean smell opine and cut grass

27 May, 2009

Mario Justiniani's avatar

Cuba Cuba

The opening stinks but it stinks in an old fashioned, aristocratic Gallic manner. People might come to the conclusion that scores of your ancestors were guillotined by Robespierre during the revolution!

Do you care for Route du Vetiver? The Third Man? Fourme' d'Ambert on crackers? About a 9+ on the machometer. Interesting and unusual take on Vetiver.

11th March, 2009 (Last Edited: 23 December, 2011)

Add your review of Vetyver

Search for on eBay United States

MENS NEW FRAGONARD VETYVER 6 ML BOTTLE EDT COLOGNE TRAVEL
    • Time Left: 5 days
    EAU DE VETYVER DE FRAGONARD 5 ML ✬MINI✬ VINTAGE
    • Time Left: 21 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Fragonard Vetyver EDT Micro Mini 6ml.
    • Time Left: 9 days