Hamptons (2005)

HouseBond No. 9
PerfumerRene Morganthaler
Parent CompanyLaurice & Co

About Hamptons

Hamptons is a shared / unisex perfume by Bond No. 9. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Rene Morganthaler

Hamptons fragrance notes

Reviews of Hamptons

Smells like somebody tried to synthesize Silver Mountain Water and failed. You can definitely smell the similarities, that is for sure. But SMW has a "dirty" smell (which I love) and Hamptons has a nose-blistering sharpness to it, I can't put my finger on it exactly, perhaps a sharper metallic note that just comes off too bold. I really wanted to like this one but it's just a real headache inducer.
08th December, 2014
Genre: Aquatic

Hamptons doesn’t smell as if much thought went in to it. The vinegary top note smells like a miscalculation, but doesn’t last too long. Once it clears what remains is a very simple citrus and musk composition with a harsh chemical edge that only accentuates the tendency of such accords to smell like shampoo. The musk and the chemical note persist much longer on the skin than any trace of citrus, so the drydown isn’t very interesting or pleasant. This kind of idea is carried off with much more success (and at about half the price,) in Maître Parfumeur et Gantier’s Fraîcheur Muskissime.
15th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
A fresh, light, shiny, silvery bergamot with a floral undertone - that is the gist of the top notes and of the drydown, although further into the middle phase the character of the floral notes shift to jasmine. The base is a generic diappointment of a nondescript woodsy nature. Solace is adequate as is the projection, and I get three hours if longevity. Good for summer.
27th May, 2014
radiant opening , citrusy and floral with aquatic and musk undertones...one of the best outings from this house, longevity and sillage are intense!

13th April, 2014
Soft and floral top notes. A very ozone- like citrus note. Mostly soft white flowers. I am not digging this so much. I get a bit of rose, very light, air freshener like. Now read the notes, and I do get the ice tea note. I don't want to smell like ice tea, or at least not this ice tea. Pass.
22nd December, 2013
dany06 Show all reviews
This smells like a cosmeceutical or body cleansing product. Its linear and has decent projection. It reminds me of a fragrance that should be faint and in the background but it inst. The scent has a familiar quality but I don't really find people walking around smelling like it. So I'd say to a person wearing this that he smells good versus asking what is he wearing? It smells refined and well groomed. Don't assume i'm talking about prep school old money well groomed. Its pretty boy damn i look good in the mirror metrosexual well groomed.

Its a very clean scent. Like a barely masculine soapy scent although not soapy. I guess its more of an aquatic clean scent. I could imagine smelling this on a well groomed guy right after primping and getting dressed for the day. Its not shower fresh. Its after you finish grooming fresh with hair styled and clothes on.

I think it could work as a unisex fragrance but it veers more towards the masculine side. I've never smelled creed's smw but this smells like a way way way better version of clean shower fresh for men after the dry down or a cologned up bottle of the blue shower to shower body powder.

Overall I give the fragrance thumbs up.
22nd March, 2013

Add your review of Hamptons

Shop for Hamptons products online

Shop for Hamptons at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Hamptons

Member images of Hamptons

There are no member images of Hamptons yet. Why not be the first?