Original Santal (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Original Santal

Original Santal is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2005

Original Santal fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Santal

A great casual / semi-formal fragrance! The juniper note is most evident and likable to me; to call this a "sandalwood" scent based on the name "Original Santal" may be a bit misleading, as the sandalwood (listed in the heart) is hard to make out amidst the flurry of other notes in the mix that overshadow it.

Original Santal is unmistakably a Creed fragrance, with the signature ambergris accord sitting in the background.
It has a sophisticated, very pleasant pungence than complements my day, never becoming cloying nor taking unpredictable olfactory turns.
28th April, 2018
Very similar to MB Individuel and Joop!. If I was going to call out minor differences, I'd say Original Santal has a less intense version of the fabric softener smell and more of a floral, woody, spiciness to it. It's also just less loud and harsh overall than MB or Joop! and that extends to performance as well. I need to stress though that they are all very similar so let your nose confirm if Original Santal is worth the premium price.

Feels like a casual wear fragrance, maybe best in cooler months. Seems kinda unisex to me as well.

I get soft projection not too long after applying but that lasts all workday.
25th April, 2018
Boring!

Boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boring!
19th April, 2018
In my best Adm. Ackbar impersonation: "I've been jooop'd". And not the decent older J@@P! iteration at that!

This was #1 terrible blind-buy. I had to ask myself: What self-respecting house puts out something like this asking such MSRP? Answer: there is none. And I quickly climbed out of that particular rabbit hole. Enough said.
18th December, 2017
Spicy and Sophisticated...

I've actually waited a long time to wear this one, as I've been wearing Creed fragrances for a while now. I have also become a fan of sandalwood fragrances recently and am always happy to try out new fragrances. With Creed - Original Santal I get a very high quality opening which impresses me, except for the fact that I've smelled this before, namely in Individuel by Mont Blanc. I feel like this is the "elephant in the room" when it comes to Original Santal, because it's hard to justify a purchase for this one when you know that Individuel is available and is at least 70% or 80% similar. I could say that the Creed is somewhat more mature and spicy (and I have no doubt that they use quality ingredients), yet the similarities I feel are too great to ignore.

Having said that, I love the presentation that Creed offers, I love the made-up backstory and history etc (we love to be lied to really..) and I almost "buy in" to all of that. But ultimately, as with all fragrances from this house, it's worth it if money is of no issue to you. I do personally like this one, as I love the combination of spices and soft musk and the hints of sandalwood etc. which is a really great combination, however there are better sandalwood fragrances out there, better cinnamon fragrances out there, and better musk-like fragrances out there. I feel that there is nothing wrong at all with Original Santal as a standalone fragrance, but the fact that Individuel came out first and almost does what this does makes it hard to justify buying at full price. I will keep and use my decant but I'm not convinced to pay the full price for this (despite the fact that it is well blended etc.), and in this case, it's more of a "like" than a "love" for me.

19th October, 2017
Cinnamonium
Hexafluoride centrifuged
In Ulan-Ude.

To which she replied,
"Some of us require perfumes
We alone complete."

"Trust me sir," she said
As I stood frozen, mid-sniff,

• USD $7.99
  • Time Left: 6 days

Authentic New CREED ORIGINAL SANTAL PARFUM Woody Fragrance 15ml Spray

• USD $14.50 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 15 Bid(s)
  • Time Left:

Authentic New CREED ORIGINAL SANTAL PARFUM Woody Fragrance 15ml Spray

• USD $12.00 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 7 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: