Original Santal (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Original Santal

Original Santal is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2005

Original Santal fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Santal

I have tried several Creed's and find this to be a super fresh and clean juice. Not offensive. I would say go easy on the trigger with this one due to it's strength and longevity (at least on my skin). Starts strong with spices and juniper. Once that dies down the sandalwood hits it does last for hours on my skin. I do pick up vanilla in the dry down to add some sweetness. A try before you buy due to cost but I do think most people would be pleased with this juice. Enjoy!
16th April, 2019
You can find many juices that smell alike in the popular beauty stores. It smells alot like La Male - one of the versions, don't remember which one right now - not the original one.
So You get the idea.

- it's pretty generic, smells mainstream, youthfull, not mature.
It's not sophisticated as other Creeds.
But then, Aventus is also very youthfull to me, so I guess it's a matter of taste.

Sorry if I come off shallow, but:
I feel that such a word may also be useful - I know I appreciate such descriptions.
- I'm trying to not go in too deep, to describe the impression as it is - from my straight male perspecitve.
I like interesiting scents - this one just isn't.

11th April, 2019
Yup. Another nice fragrance from Creed. It has a "special" scent; one of simple royalty (For supreme royalty, try Creed's Royal Mayfair. Amazing.) If you're like me, every time you get a whiff of Santal on you it will make you say to yourself, "Hmm. I like that." Not crazy amazing; just very pleasant. I have a 5 ml sample and am seriously considering buying a full bottle. Many have suggested to me that Montblanc's Individuel is a less expensive substitute, so I have a sample of that on the way to try as well. I'll let you know...
04th April, 2019
Really nice smell playing in the air, clean, fresh, sweet, my girlfriend loved it. Mont Blanc Individuel, I don't find MB pleasant.

I can perceive the quality of the smell coparing both. I am not an expert on smelling different notes, etc. etc.

Nothing new or exciting, just a clean smell, but if you enjoy this type of perfumes (JOOP, MBI) you will not be disappointed.

My advice get the real thing, good deals on discount sites.
14th March, 2019
First let's get this out of the way right now. Yes it is similar and I use that term very loosely here to joop and Mont blanc individual. Yes. In the same way a Aston Martin vantage is to a Honda accord. They will both get you there but one will do it with sophistication and style and the other will just kinda do it. Original santal in this case is
The Aston. It opens up with lots of spice and some sandalwood although not nearly as much as you may expect from a name like original santal. This is more spicey cinnamon than sandalwood. Given some more time the sandlewood becomes more prominent but just as it begins to appear a little sweet vanilla comes out to dominate. Performance is actually pretty good for a creed on skin I get about 8 hours and on clothing you can get quite a bit more which is what you will likely wear it on because this is to my nose a fall and winter scent maybe a cool spring evening. Not the most versatile in the world but it can be done three seasons. Also this is marketed as a mens fragerance but this is definitely unisex. In conclusion is it revolutionary no...a few others smell similar. But out of those is it the best. In my honest opinion yes it is. Is it worth the money...ehhh that's for you to decide. Get a decant first. But a solid 7.5 outta 10 for me
14th August, 2018
Greetings - Original Santal, from the Cologne Conniseur's perspective
Is Creed's Original Santal a gourmand?
Is Creed's Original Santal an oriental?
The answer to that, as the appreciation of this, will of course depend on the nose of those who smell it.
The immediate feeling and image it evokes for me: The most delicious bowl of oatmeal by the fire place I've ever had! This offering from the prestigious House of Creed is a wonderful combination of sandalwood, vanilla and tonka beans at all three phases, all three masterfully accompanied by a warm cinnamon note that compliments each of them as well crafted as Ive ever experienced the spice.

After sampling this from a decant, I discovered the fragrance come alive off of me in the 108 degree Texas heat, truly defeating a misconception of these types of fragrances being most appropriate during the cooler autumn and winter seasons.

I highly encourage any inquisitive fragrance fan to sample & try out this offering to see what feelings it evokes in you, and if you enjoy your time with it as I have.

After one hot Texas day, I gave the decant away to a co-worker entranced by the scent - having quickly decided I will add Original Santal as the 6th Creed to my humble collection from that house - to accompany:
Green Irish Tweed
Aventus
Millesime Imperial
Silver Mountain Water &
Erolfa

A good day or night to you all
22nd July, 2018 (last edited: 06th September, 2018)

Add your review of Original Santal

Shop for Original Santal products online

Shop for Original Santal at online perfumeries

ORIGINAL SANTAL by CREED *MEN'S PERFUME* 2.5 ML /.08 OZ -SAMPLE VIAL NEW IN card

End Date: Sunday Apr-21-2019 8:13:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.98
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

LOT OF 3 ORIGINAL SANTAL by CREED MEN'S PERFUME* 2.5 ML /.08 OZ VIAL NEW IN card

End Date: Sunday Apr-21-2019 8:13:26 PDT

Creed Original Santal Unisex Perfume - 4.0 / 4 oz / 120 ml Millesime New In Box

End Date: Sunday Apr-21-2019 14:57:51 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $215.92
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Men Type Inspired Premium Perfume Body Oil Sample 1ml Glass Vial ($1.5 Each)

End Date: Sunday Apr-21-2019 15:59:08 PDT