Original Santal (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Original Santal

Original Santal is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 2005

Original Santal fragrance notes

Reviews of Original Santal

First let's get this out of the way right now. Yes it is similar and I use that term very loosely here to joop and Mont blanc individual. Yes. In the same way a Aston Martin vantage is to a Honda accord. They will both get you there but one will do it with sophistication and style and the other will just kinda do it. Original santal in this case is
The Aston. It opens up with lots of spice and some sandalwood although not nearly as much as you may expect from a name like original santal. This is more spicey cinnamon than sandalwood. Given some more time the sandlewood becomes more prominent but just as it begins to appear a little sweet vanilla comes out to dominate. Performance is actually pretty good for a creed on skin I get about 8 hours and on clothing you can get quite a bit more which is what you will likely wear it on because this is to my nose a fall and winter scent maybe a cool spring evening. Not the most versatile in the world but it can be done three seasons. Also this is marketed as a mens fragerance but this is definitely unisex. In conclusion is it revolutionary no...a few others smell similar. But out of those is it the best. In my honest opinion yes it is. Is it worth the money...ehhh that's for you to decide. Get a decant first. But a solid 7.5 outta 10 for me
14th August, 2018
Greetings - Original Santal, from the Cologne Conniseur's perspective
Is Creed's Original Santal a gourmand?
Is Creed's Original Santal an oriental?
The answer to that, as the appreciation of this, will of course depend on the nose of those who smell it.
The immediate feeling and image it evokes for me: The most delicious bowl of oatmeal by the fire place I've ever had! This offering from the prestigious House of Creed is a wonderful combination of sandalwood, vanilla and tonka beans at all three phases, all three masterfully accompanied by a warm cinnamon note that compliments each of them as well crafted as Ive ever experienced the spice.

After sampling this from a decant, I discovered the fragrance come alive off of me in the 108 degree Texas heat, truly defeating a misconception of these types of fragrances being most appropriate during the cooler autumn and winter seasons.

I highly encourage any inquisitive fragrance fan to sample & try out this offering to see what feelings it evokes in you, and if you enjoy your time with it as I have.

After one hot Texas day, I gave the decant away to a co-worker entranced by the scent - having quickly decided I will add Original Santal as the 6th Creed to my humble collection from that house - to accompany:
Green Irish Tweed
Aventus
Millesime Imperial
Silver Mountain Water &
Erolfa

A good day or night to you all
22nd July, 2018 (last edited: 06th September, 2018)
A great casual / semi-formal fragrance! The juniper note is most evident and likable to me; to call this a "sandalwood" scent based on the name "Original Santal" may be a bit misleading, as the sandalwood (listed in the heart) is hard to make out amidst the flurry of other notes in the mix that overshadow it.

Original Santal is unmistakably a Creed fragrance, with the signature ambergris accord sitting in the background.
It has a sophisticated, very pleasant pungence than complements my day, never becoming cloying nor taking unpredictable olfactory turns.
28th April, 2018
Very similar to MB Individuel and Joop!. If I was going to call out minor differences, I'd say Original Santal has a less intense version of the fabric softener smell and more of a floral, woody, spiciness to it. It's also just less loud and harsh overall than MB or Joop! and that extends to performance as well. I need to stress though that they are all very similar so let your nose confirm if Original Santal is worth the premium price.

Feels like a casual wear fragrance, maybe best in cooler months. Seems kinda unisex to me as well.

I get soft projection not too long after applying but that lasts all workday.
25th April, 2018
Boring!

Boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boringboring boring boring boring boring!
19th April, 2018
In my best Adm. Ackbar impersonation: "I've been jooop'd". And not the decent older J@@P! iteration at that!

This was #1 terrible blind-buy. I had to ask myself: What self-respecting house puts out something like this asking such MSRP? Answer: there is none. And I quickly climbed out of that particular rabbit hole. Enough said.
18th December, 2017

Add your review of Original Santal

Shop for Original Santal products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Original Santal