Polo Black (2005)

PerfumerPierre Negrin
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Black

Polo Black is a masculine fragrance by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Pierre Negrin and Ellen Molner

Reviews of Polo Black

I just got this perfume (15 ml sample in a gift set), and I was actually pleasantly surprised.

I was fearing an overly-sweet blast of synthetic mango in the top, but this is actually not a sweet scent at all. The iced mango is detectable, but it smells like actual mango and not that orange gunk that can be found in ice cream and cheap soap.

Other than the iced mango, the patchouli and sandalwood play very well together (this definitely comes to show after you've worn it for a little bit). In general tha combination of ingredients form a very pleasant and interesting fragrance. The first word that comes to mind when having to describe its smell is "dark", so they've definitely done something right!

It's not as dominant as many RL perfumes tend to be, which makes this the perfect perfume when the wearer doesn't want to stand out too much. I find this to be great when at school/work. Especially if your outfit is mostly black. It is a bit mysterious, so it's actually pretty good for a quiet guy (like myself). It's very pleasant yet subtle. I love that!

I think this perfume can be worn on any occation. I probably wouldn't wear it for family get togethers, but that's the only occation I can think of.

Both longevity and projection is great on me. Lasts all day, and projection is pretty strong (although the perfume itself is a subtle one). Yeah, I'm one of those lucky bastards.

01st February, 2017
Salutation.

POLO BLACK?It is a symbol in RL young fragrances.Yes A nice young scent for any season of the year specially in SPRING/AUTUMN weather.quite Sweet and Casual.

This RL EDT is Fruity(mango) and Fresh at the begining.Soft and Romantic at the middle and upshot Warm in the end.in fact Fruity notes mixes well with the other notes and creates a very Yummy and Cute scent.

In my opinion is a forever attraction in this and truly makes you feel young beautiful.PB is Good for teenagers Too.one of those colognes Everytime you wearning it,Some people stop you on the street and asking what this fragrance is?However i still prefer DOUBLE BLACK!

Sillage?Ok

Longevity?Remarkabke on my skin.

15th May, 2015
Sickeningly sweet mango and spice dominant fragrance with poor longevity. I generally like Ralph Lauren and find most of their fragrances well balanced. Black however, is less than the Polo standard. The mango wears me out way before the fragrance can die, which was about two hours tops.

I can't imagine wearing this anywhere ever.
06th April, 2015 (last edited: 07th April, 2015)
I got this from my girlfriend (who in turn got it from polo as she is doing some work from them).

Yes it's a bit predictable, bland and generic. It also smells really good and fresh and won't offend anyone anywhere. You can be sure it will be gone by lunch time.

I quietly enjoy it the same way I enjoy burger king: With a smile. And there's nothing more to add.
22nd January, 2015
Super safe versatile scent that lasts less than two hours on my skin. It's a nice woody, mango scent that can be worn year round. Would have rated it higher had if it lasted longer.
24th September, 2014
I don't want to knock this too much, as I wore it a lot when it first came out. I like the scent and the projection, but found myself continually waiting for the dry-down that never seemed to happen--like being served a meal with a mango appetizer, mango entree, and for dessert...more
mango. Just felt it needed a bit more oomph. But all-in-all a safe fragrance for everyday wear.
31st March, 2014