La Rose Jacqueminot (1906)
by Coty

La Rose Jacqueminot information

Year of Launch1906
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCoty
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchCoty Inc

About La Rose Jacqueminot

La Rose Jacqueminot is a feminine perfume by Coty. The scent was launched in 1906

Reviews of La Rose Jacqueminot

It's been a long time, but I remember really liking this. It's named for, and intended to evoke, a real rose: the incomparable "General Jacqueminot", a light-red Hybrid Perpetual from 1853. It's a tribute, not a copy, but it's surprisingly successful in reminding you of the original. There's a lush but "dry", pleasantly dusty/peppery quality here, like the ancient Gallica roses included in "General Jack's" breeding, but also great warmth.
19th January, 2018
Perhaps my vintage sample was too old. This was a little too bitter for me. I smelled an earthy, green rose that was too harsh on my skin. In its day, I'm sure this was glorious.
24th November, 2017
Stardate 20170308:

A nice classic rose floral.
08th March, 2017
La Rose Jacqueminot is nice. It smells modern, not dated; a fruity, creamy, floral perfume, and it's easy to wear. I think I may smell a note in common with Chanel No. 19.
26th October, 2016
A truly unique and wonderful rose creation.

There is an amber, caramel, burnt sugar sweetness to the base that reminds me very much of Caswell Massey's discontinued Vetiver.

The rose is quite fragrant without being at all heavy. The depth comes from the supporting materials.

This was re-issued in 1983 in parfum, edt and edp and can still be found on Ebay, although the parfum and edp strengths are much rarer than the edt.

Very worth a try and if you are a rose fan, one you simply must purchase.
23rd June, 2014
I first encountered La Rose Jacqueminot as a sample in a basenotes go around package. It had leaked and the while package smelled like it and it was STRONG. And heavenly. I bought a bottle on ebay and it smelled the same but weaker so I think it is a bottle from the 80's not the original issue.

You can still smell and understand what made this a great perfume. It is a masterful blend of very strong notes that are soften down by softer notes(violet). It ends up as a wonderful mix of these notes mingling with eachother and neither side really 'wins'. The only winner here is me who wears it and can enjoy this perfume that combines delicacy and persistence and strength.
15th May, 2011

Add your review of La Rose Jacqueminot

Shop for La Rose Jacqueminot products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of La Rose Jacqueminot

Perfumes launched in the same year as La Rose Jacqueminot (1906)