Essential (2005)

PackagingQSLD New World
PackagingDenis Boudard
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Essential

Essential is a masculine fragrance by Lacoste. The scent was launched in 2005 and the bottle was designed by Denis Boudard and QSLD New World

Essential fragrance notes

Reviews of Essential

It's a nice and fresh smell, girlfriend loves it so that's a winner. Unfortunately, on my skin, longevity is horrible. Either that, or olfactory fatigue sets in after just a few minutes. After 30 minutes or so, I feel like I'm not wearing anything, I can't even pick up hint that I'm wearing this. On the contrary, when I spray a towel in the guest bathroom, and I come back in the evening, the scent is still good - and it can even be picked up the next morning. So maybe it's just my skin, I don't know.

I would only buy this if it was a good deal, but then it's definitely worth as a casual work/office-fragrance.
29th August, 2016
Lacoste Essential is a casual fragrance. It works and does what it is supposed to do. I like lighter fragrances such as this one. Many of the evening/night out colognes give me a headache and sometimes nausea. I am thankful for these summer and daytime colognes. They have their place in the fragrance world.

20th August, 2016
Very fresh. Very green. Smells young and invigorating. Too much can make it smell too synthetic though let it dry.
18th September, 2015
This fragrance is the definition of casual. You will smell fresh, clean, like out of the shower, but you won't leave any impressions.

The tomato leaf is what separates this scent from the mayority of fresh scents. normaly this type of scents are more citrusy, but this one has a sweet undertone (not a strong sweet though) that kinda makes it different in its own way.

Perfect for a walk outside or staying at home on a spring/summer day.

13th September, 2015
I didn't realize Lacoste Essential had been regarded as this versatile until seeing some of the online reviews, but it makes sense, given the curious blend of note categories it involves. I remember looking forward to and enjoying it greatly after purchasing my first batch in 2006, right when it came out, but after nearly a decade, I admit it now smells relatively synthetic. Yes, it's still an agreeable "green" fragrance that has the versatility of fruity, herby, aquatic, and even spicy notes, but none of these notes really stands out. It's green in the way that many blue fragrances are just blue---an amorphous mix of notes that are not individually recognizable enough to give it a natural feel.

Lacoste Essential's projection is relatively soft and its longevity is moderate for a lighter fragrance, so on secondary markets its price is finally catching up to its value. Not a bad item to have in a collection, but I won't be replacing my bottle with a new one once it runs out. There are simply too many superior blue/green/white designer frags to work into the warm weather rotation.

6 out of 10
31st August, 2015
A decent fresh, fruity and floral fragrance which is a good choice for a guy who don't has any fragrance in this genre and he want something pleasant and safe to wear casually in spring and summer.
But if you already have great fragrances in this genre, save your money!
The opening of this fragrance is a sweet, green and fruity smell which is light and transparent.
This sweetness is smooth and OK. it's not that strong.
The fruity notes are not that fresh and citrusy. in my opinion the fruity scent smell more like juniper berries instead of bergamot or tangerine. but all and all, it's a sweet fruity scent. it's not citrusy. don't let the citrusy notes fool you!
In the mid the green vibe of the scent settles down and now the rose scent join in and you have this scent to the end.the rose note here is sweet and light but it's not feminine.
Average projection and weak longevity on my skin.
02nd June, 2014

Add your review of Essential

Shop for Essential products online

Shop for Essential at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Essential

Member images of Essential

There are no member images of Essential yet. Why not be the first?