Essential (2005)

PackagingQSLD New World
PackagingDenis Boudard
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About Essential

Essential is a masculine fragrance by Lacoste. The scent was launched in 2005 and the bottle was designed by Denis Boudard and QSLD New World

Essential fragrance notes

Reviews of Essential

Starts off with a pleasant mix of bergamot, cassia leaf (which smells very green), tangerine, and tomato leaf. It's a quite pleasant opening but oddly reminds me a lot of some sort of bath body wash or soap I've used in the past. The tomato leaf makes it unique-smelling in the world of fresh fragrances, and it has a sweet undertone to it all rather than sharp citrus as is usual for fresh fragrances. I think a lot of people would enjoy the sweetness, but personally I am not a huge fan. It's a unisex fragrance in my opinion due to the sweetness: women can easily wear this. On drydown I get a lot of rose scent mixing with the tomato leaf, and it becomes even sweeter. The rose is very prominent. Basenotes are much the same but with cedarwood. Sillage is weak-to-moderate and longevity is strong but as a skin scent. Overall it's an ok fragrance but is too feminine due to the sweetness and far too casual for my liking.
04th March, 2018
Green and soapy clean but it's the kind of scent that you can find in many mass-market soaps or detergents. The drydown is bland and synthetic.

Probably best for summer/daytime/casual.

15th January, 2018
This is an extremely "zesty" juice to my nose that works perfectly in the spring and summer. Geared towards a younger demo IMO. Would be good as a weekend or casual scent. Nothing overbearing to my nose and will last about 3 or 4 hours on the skin. For the price it's ok to blind buy but if you are looking for something a little longer lasting try Frapin Passion Boisee. The Frapin in more expensive but overall better done.
22nd May, 2017
Light, crisp citrus with a slight funk. Pretty inoffensive. Kind of an immature fragrance, I feel too old to wear it and I'm only 25. Good fragrance none the less.
27th April, 2017
It's a nice and fresh smell, girlfriend loves it so that's a winner. Unfortunately, on my skin, longevity is horrible. Either that, or olfactory fatigue sets in after just a few minutes. After 30 minutes or so, I feel like I'm not wearing anything, I can't even pick up hint that I'm wearing this. On the contrary, when I spray a towel in the guest bathroom, and I come back in the evening, the scent is still good - and it can even be picked up the next morning. So maybe it's just my skin, I don't know.

I would only buy this if it was a good deal, but then it's definitely worth as a casual work/office-fragrance.
29th August, 2016
Lacoste Essential is a casual fragrance. It works and does what it is supposed to do. I like lighter fragrances such as this one. Many of the evening/night out colognes give me a headache and sometimes nausea. I am thankful for these summer and daytime colognes. They have their place in the fragrance world.

Lonnie
20th August, 2016

Add your review of Essential

Shop for Essential products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Essential

There are no member images of Essential yet. Why not be the first?