Silver Black / Onyx (2005)
by Azzaro

About Silver Black / Onyx

Called Onyx in US and Canada

Silver Black / Onyx fragrance notes

Reviews of Silver Black / Onyx

This fragrance is perfect for a night out (the name 'Silver Black' is very apt), and smells melancholy yet masculine and pretty unique. Starts off with a very invigorating mix of green apple and lime. I can also sort of get a hint of juniper. It is a very dark fragrance from the get-go yet beautifully crafted as well. It leans extremely masculine. The fragrance starts off in its "silver" phase and as it dries down enters its "black" phase, getting progressively darker over time. This is definitely something I can see wearing at night or at a formal event with a suit. The whole fragrance is not sweet at all but at the same time is not astringent; it gets sweeter as it dries down. During drydown I detect patchouli leaves and white musk, along with a hint of coriander making it smell 'darker' and more like a forest. The opening of this fragrance is great while the drydown is utterly spectacular. It reminds me of a beautiful yet gloomy graveyard. Sillage is strong for the first hour and then moderate leaning for the remainder while longevity overall is strong. Overall this is one of my favourite fragrances and has a niche quality to it not seen in designer fragrances usually. It smells mysterious but beautiful and I would imagine a dark elf from the Elder Scrolls universe wearing this.

03rd May, 2018
It's hard to believe this came out in 2005 and not 1985.
This is a very interesting scent. I smell the green apple but I feel like it's more some kind of spiced apple slices or something. The opening has a nice freshness to it, but then again, most fragrances do. When it gets so dry in smell is when I kind of turn away from it.
It's formal, for an older guy, bordering on old man cologne, at least to me.
If it were a love-it-or-hate-it scent like Kouros or Ralph Lauren Polo I'd give it a thumbs up. To me it's more of a kind-of-like-it-or-hate-it scent.
09th August, 2017 (last edited: 11th August, 2017)
Very nice, pleasant potion from Azzaro (now discontinued, alas).

Starts out with a citrus punch of lemon and apple, reinforced with bergamot. But the spices adulterate in no time to create a sophisticated, well-crafted experience. Juniper presents itself tastefully, marrying well with the solid cedar and musky base.

Silver Black / Onyx elicits compliments every time I wear it. The fragrance has a stable "ride" and doesn't make sudden u-turns that throw me off. Lasts a LONG time.

This fragrance is worth a try for sure.
15th January, 2017
Opens with a blast of lemon, almost like Lemon Pledge, but countered by a darker, almost animal note. After a short while, the pledge smell eases and the dark note becomes more easygoing, this time offsetting a peppery note in the background. The pepper gains prominence and, for a time, is about even with the base notes of musk and cedar settling deep into the background but never quite disappearing.

The fragrance projects well and remains for a good long time. I like the complexity and dynamism of the range of scents. It definitely reminds me of its big brother Azzaro pH. Overall, a really nice fragrance and an excellent value. Wear when you are in the mood for something dark and animal. Not for those who want fun, light, and airy. It projects seriousness and sophistication.
12th December, 2014 (last edited: 17th January, 2015)
A great fragrance that can be had so cheaply. To my nose it has a real minty freshness and is particularly suited to hot weather, it's not cloying in the slightest. Along with Drakkar Noir, my frgrance of choice. I know some people say this smells similar to Drakkaer, but I can't honesty say I don't get that at all.
19th May, 2014
Deserves Consideration

With a modern twist to a classic base,

Metallic apple hits your face.

Its spicy heart and woodsy end

Makes this a manly, useful friend.

I like the fact that apple stays,

And so my interest never strays.

If you like good, uplifting tonics,

You should consider Azzaro Onyx.

20th June, 2013

Add your review of Silver Black / Onyx

Shop for Silver Black / Onyx products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Silver Black / Onyx