Balsam
    by Agraria

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 13 ratings

Balsam information

Balsam is a unisex fragrance by Agraria.

Shop for Balsam products online

Reviews of Balsam

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 1 Negative Reviews

scentsitivity's avatar

I am in a minority here. Smells like cheap shampoo to me.

25 December, 2010

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Yum! Definitely the best fir tree scent I've smelt, beside the real thing: dark and deep and resinous and very close to nature, like walking in a coniferous wood, the black earth damp and strewn with pine needles. Some pine scents are fresher and greener, attempting to capture only the smell of new pine needles, but this is the entire woods, bark and sap and moss and lichen and earth and all.

03 May, 2010

tearoad's avatar

AGRARIA BALSAM by Agraria:

One year, while vacationing in San Francisco, I found myself in Gump’s—and promptly fell in love with Agraria’s Lemon Verbena Cologne Spray, which, fortunately, was also carried by Bergdorf’s in my hometown, New York. For several years, I lived for that crisp, fresh lemony-lime scent, with a touch of jasmine. Fast forward to the New Recession—and I’m shopping at TJ Maxx, where I find, surprisingly, several Agraria candles and one bottle of Agraria cologne, which I promptly snap up. This spray is Balsam—and highly evocative of winter, specifically the holiday season, when hunting for exactly the right Christmas tree: the fresh cut on the trunk, the resin, the wood chips, the pine needles—and then stopping at the house of the Christmas tree farm’s owners, for a cup of hot mulled cider, fragrant with cloves and cinnamon. According to the Agraria website, this fragrance was named Best Home Fragrance of the Year—which might prove unsettling for some. But, for me, I’m happy to be back at that Christmas tree farm, warm and toasty, with those two strapping boys who were always so willing to help load the freshly-cut tree onto the back of the car. Winter’s bouquet in a bottle.

20th January, 2010

This excellent scent reminds me of some of the resinous, drier Madini scents. It is dry, a bit smoky, and a great fir scent. On my skin, I don’t get very much floral at all – to me it is strongly masculine as a personal fragrance, but, as a room fragrance, not so masculine. Odysseusm has described it so well there’s no point in my repeating. For my part, suffice it to say that Agraria is an excellent and unique fragrance. I can very easily see a use for this as a personal fragrance and I would be looking to get the complementary products. Love it…

16 April, 2009

zenpiper's avatar

Great stuff! Not at all piney, but complex, mysterious and long-lasting. A bit more feminine than masculine.

29 January, 2007

flathorn's avatar

Ingredients: Sweet Fir Balsam, California Redwood, Cypress, hint of French Sage, Wild Rhododendron, bouquet of white flowers.
    Balsam has a nicely fresh, realistic, fir balsam opening. It has that slight resinous, spicy green note of the real thing. This is not a conifer scent, but focuses on the resin. It's a pleasingly natural smelling fragrance, not one-dimensional and evolves within the balsam framework. A touch of light floral comes out in the drydown, as does a sparky balsamic note, which is slightly reminiscent of bay rum (pimenta) and works well in a balsam. I adore a well-done natural smelling fragrance, and I ordered a bottle of this as soon as I sampled it. Recommended for natural fragrance fans.

20th December, 2006