Ambra di Venezia
by Montgomery Taylor

Ambra di Venezia information

HouseMontgomery Taylor

About Ambra di Venezia

Ambra di Venezia is a feminine perfume by Montgomery Taylor.

Reviews of Ambra di Venezia

Ambra di Venezia begins with a rather overwhelming blast of fizzy, effervescent citrus notes, like opening a lemon soda. Thereís an incense note riding along with the citrus, which makes the whole experience vaguely like getting spritzed in the face with a refined version of Lemon Pledge. The amber does not initially make itself apparent, but it comes into greater prominence as the wallop of lemon wears off. Then the scent improves, in my opinion, as starts to smell like a fantasy of churchly treasure: precious resins, incenses, ambers, clean linen, and a musty mineral smell like stone. This amber must be located in a Venetian church, probably one of the small, forgotten, dimly lit ones that surprise travelers at the end of the narrowest Venetian alleys.

I wish the scent were earthier. Itís an engaging experience but the cleaning-product intensity of the opening minutes, especially, can be hard to take. It also possesses a rather alarming staying power: after sampling it in the late afternoon, I could still smell it on my wrists the morning after.

March 17, 2013
12th March, 2013 (last edited: 18th March, 2013)
I think this is a definitive scent - a smell you just won't forget once you smell it.
The citrus notes ,the fruit and florals are not separate to me - I feel there is not much progression but all the notes become one smell on me. A strong and strident new type chypre - clean and long lasting with a shampoo type fruit in it. It doesn't move me in any way .
Very long lasting !
06th August, 2012
The notes attributed to this are:
TOP NOTES: Bergamot, lime, tangerine
MIDDLE NOTES: Jasmine, narcissus, mango
BASE NOTES: Sandalwood

I am blind sampling the EDT. My first impression...and nice swirl of soft white florals with shampoo-"froot". S'ok. It's nice enough..I guess. Then I was reminded of a ghostly Anne Klein (another floral (hyacinth) effort). For a few brief seconds there is a flash of milky papaya, which I suppose is the mango note. It's all rather indistinct, vague-pretty and ok.

My main issue with it is I'm a bit disappointed that this composition is the result of THOSE notes. Because you might imagine those notes to have some zing, pow and wow in them. I'm guessing each note is a synthetic simulacrum of the real experience....thinned out to an extremely modest and inoffensive "scent". I wouldn't describe it as PERFUME, if you see my distinction.
17th June, 2012
This is a lovely and eminently wearable fragrance. It will appeal to fans of bright florals (like me) but also contains some great mellow, warm, romantic notes, including sandalwood. The notes of jasmine and narcissus appeal to the Southern lady in me. There are also some citrusy notes, similar to the Italian fragrances whose packaging it resembles, but I find it a lot more sophisticated and interesting than, say, Roma or 1881. Also a great summer fragrance, as the other reviewer mentioned!
08th July, 2009
I find Ambra di Venezia to be a very soft, balanced work, expertly blending citrus oils, jasmine and sandalwood for a warm glow of a fragrance that lasts for a good 6-8 hours.

The narcissus at the opening smells very bright and fresh, then the scent evolves into a much more relaxed and smooth piece. I didn't get too much sweetness out of it at all, and think it's easily suitable for both men and women.

Note: I only have the perfume formulation. There's an EDP version available, as well, and I have not yet tested it for comparison's sake.
25th April, 2009

Add your review of Ambra di Venezia

Shop for Ambra di Venezia products online

Search Amazon for Ambra di Venezia

Member images of Ambra di Venezia

There are no member images of Ambra di Venezia yet. Why not be the first?