Vanilla
    by Jalaine

Shop for Vanilla products online

Reviews of Vanilla

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

warmlightsunsea's avatar
    warmlightsunsea

Perfect "plain" vanilla

For fans of unadulterated vanilla, this is the one. Right here. Not too sweet, not too cake-y or cookie, nothing added. Pure vanilla sensuality. A keeper, if your wallet agrees!

05 June, 2013

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

This is a marvellous pure vanilla scent- rich ,creamy, buttery ,sultry gorgeous - not for those on a diet, I can tell you. Points to bring up .

Firstly, though this is all vanilla- french vanilla and ...err..vanilla...
    Well , I smell a touch of gardenia in it too . I know this sounds strange but the sample was correct and my skin was free of other scents . In fact, that touch of gardenia makes it even more swoon worthy. It's addictively good.

Second point- it stays close to the skin, there is no evolvement and it does not last .at.all. It goes faint . If I want to smell this, I literally have to try and suck my skin in via my nose ! Such a shame and embarrassing if you are in public.
    The price is incredibly steep ,so if you must have this, go for the refill for less than $100. That fancy bottle ain't worth it.

23 April, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Not powdery, not overly sweet, this is pure vanilla. Buttery quality to it and sits lightly on the skin. Excellent quality as always with Jalaine. A perfect vanilla? Maybe, since it smells really, really good, there are some that would like projection. Thumbs up!

14 December, 2008

bbBD's avatar
    bbBD

I'm very much enjoying my sample-pack of Jalaines...they all share an almost edible quality. Not in the gourmand sense, but because they are all rich and well balanced. They aren't just single-notes, as their names would suggest, but rather complex fragrances that present a unique interpretation of the notes after which they are titles.

Vanilla starts out as a rich, sweet vanilla. Not sugary sweet, but vanilla bean-esque, with a reserved but deep sweetness. The oil dries into a smoky vanilla with a tobacco-like resinous accord that dominates the sweetness of the vanilla. It's most like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, but richer and more thick. This is a really, really top-notch vanilla and I highly recommend it.

I've only been applying about a drop and then spreading the oil, so I don't know how much this can project with a heavier application. As I've been applying, these oils last a very long time but stay close to the skin. I may try a full wear soon with a decent application just to see how it goes.

29 November, 2008