Roseberry (1997)

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 33 ratings

Roseberry Fragrance Notes

Roseberry information

Roseberry is a women's fragrance by Les Parfums de Rosine. The scent was launched in 1997

Reviews of Roseberry

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

rogalal's avatar

If I were planning on starting a niche perfume business that made only rose perfumes, the first thing I would do is track down the finest rose absolutes and create the perfect signature rose note, something so realistic and perfect that it would define my company. Somehow, this doesn't seem to have happened at Rosine - all of them I've tried treat the rose as a bit of a cheap afterthought, focusing instead on candy-sweet fruits or patchouli or perfumey baby powder.

Roseberry pairs the nondescript rose with a candy-sweet version of that berry note from Mure Et Musc. This is then quickly swallowed up in a haze of white florals and baby powder, making most of the day's development basically smell like candy mixed with powder.

I'm going with a neutral rating because Roseberry certainly isn't bad, it just doesn't live up to what I had hoped it would be. That being said, if you like your perfumes sweet and powdery, this may be perfect for you.

16th June, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Wow, this is a bit of a flouncer among the otherwise quite formal Rosine line up. Thoroughly refreshing and adorably ditzy green rose with aldehydic skates on. The rose-blackcurrant leaf/bud combo may not be original, but this one does have its own personality and I find its company a pleasure. Has a face cream feel underneath its bounce, but it's all marvelously effortless

30th May, 2012

sherapop's avatar

The aesthetic of Les Parfums de Rosine is beginning to take shape before my eyes as today I have donned ROSEBERRY. Another very fine rose composition this is indeed! I was expecting ROSEBERRY to be a fruity-floral but find instead that it has an ever-so-slightly soapy side, along with some of the same powdery quality that I found in ROSE D'ETE. Which do I like better of the two offerings from this house that I've now tried? Hard to say: they're both quite nice rose creations. So far I'm likin' what I'm sniffin' chez Rosine!

I should observe here that, based on the wide disparities in reviewers' reactions to the perfumes of this house, I am beginning to suspect that they may have batch issues... Or perhaps there are quality-control issues with the sample vials?

30th July, 2011

theduchess48124's avatar

A big pink frosting rose on a raspberry liqueor cake sprinkled with sugared violets.

25th September, 2009

ludwigslady's avatar

Roseberry is my first purchase after a very long hunt, sampling perfumes for over a year. It is beautiful, green and fresh. I don't get any berry or, for that matter, much rose in the classic sense. Roseberry starts off very green with crushed leaves and grass and light rose. The 'blast' of these notes backs off after awhile and a warm, fresh, ladylike green bouquet takes over. It is this moment I wait for and it I love it. This is very uplifting and balancing fragrance. For some, it will not be complex enough, but that is why I love it so much. My family loves it and so do my friends. If you like soft green fragrances or light chypres, give this one a try.

13th April, 2008

ocpyroqueen's avatar

I like raspberry scents, though they can be overpoweringly sweet, and I love rose scents, so I was excited about this perfume. However, when I put it on, it had one scent that overpowered the rose and all the others, and after an hour, just that one note was screaming out. I'm not sure if it was the berry or something else, but whatever it was, it was awful. My daughter took a sniff and agreed. Sorry not to be more specific in naming the bad note.

08th June, 2007