Russian Caravan Tea (2005)
    by CB I Hate Perfume

Shop for Russian Caravan Tea products online

Reviews of Russian Caravan Tea

Showing 1 to 6 of 10 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral6 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

KEM44's avatar
    KEM44

I ordered 3 samples from CB IHP and this was my favorite. It's a little sweeter than I expected, and very reminiscent of Earl Grey tea. I love the absence of floral notes and gag-y perfume-ness. The downside is that it really doesn't last more than a few hours, so I will probably not buy a larger size. (The other 2 samples I received were Under the Arbor, which to me smells exactly like grape koolaid, and Memory of Kindness, which is ok, but I like this one better.)

27 November, 2013

Vincents1278's avatar
    Vincents1278

Smells a lot like Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Nice scent, does smell like tea (roses, lemon, something metallic). I detect NO smokiness, which is a staple of Russian Caravan tea (blended with Lapsang Souchong). Disappointed it has no smoky note. Otherwise it's a nice rose scent with some sort of vetiver-verbena lemon grass note that makes it smell sorta like tea.

03 October, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

RUSSIAN CARAVAN TEA starts off deceptively weak but gains in substance as the water base dries off. It recalls the aroma of a lightly spiced and fruit-infused tea which I find a little smoky as though the dried tea leaves are burnt slightly. I have always enjoyed tea-based scents and this composition from Christopher Brosius is a delight even if 'wearability' is not its strongest suit.

*** This review is of the water perfume, not the absolute ***

06 December, 2009

ChrisJPN's avatar
    ChrisJPN
    Japan Japan

This is very pleasant, a slightly sweet, musty, milk tea. I don't really get the citrus notes others are smelling nor is it particularly bright. On my skin there's a gentle sadness to it and there's a nice sense of refined sophistication. . Great longevity too despite not being powerful at any point. I wouldn't insist anybody buys it but as something a little different it's definitely worth trying.

30th June, 2009

adonis's avatar
    adonis

Remember powdered Nestle's Sweetened Iced Tea mix? This is exactly that scent. I can't say I dislike it because RCT reminds me of carefree summer vacations as a child - much to my parent's dismay I drank gallons of the stuff. I can't say I like it because I don't want to smell like sweetened iced tea. Amazing how CB I Hate Perfume can capture these essences.

16 March, 2009

kopah's avatar
    kopah

A somewhat green, very bright tea scent with an overdose of zesty citrus that is remarkably long-lived, though bought at the price of smelling synthetic. Not at all dark or smoky like actual Russian Caravan tea.

05 December, 2008