Russian Caravan Tea (2005)
    by CB I Hate Perfume

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 41 ratings

Russian Caravan Tea information

Russian Caravan Tea is a unisex fragrance by CB I Hate Perfume. The scent was launched in 2005

Shop for Russian Caravan Tea products online

Reviews of Russian Caravan Tea

Showing 1 to 6 of 12 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral8 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

deadidol's avatar

I don’t like tea scents very much; they tend to have an astringent, almost metallic quality to them that sears my nose. This one is more subtle and the emphasis is placed on a distant rose/carnation note than anything. It’s green and bergamot-ish, and has more going on than many of the other scents in the line, but it reminds me quite a bit of Demeter’s Funeral Home, only the Demeter is stronger and more lasting. (There’s a good chance, actually, that Brosius was responsible for Funeral Home). From the perspective of realism, he nailed it as this smells very much like infused tea. Invigorating, profoundly realistic, obnoxiously expensive given its performance; this certainly deserves a place within the line-up as it’s one of the few that deviate from the “wet soil” effect that he throws on everything. A well-done sheer tea skin scent.

23 November, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

This is a light green tea, leafy and bittersweet, without any of the smoke and spices I associate with a Russian caravan. It seems very thin at the start, with a faint sour note that I can't quite place. The sour note tones down within an hour to leave a very simple, transparent tea.

There isn't much projection, so Russian Caravan Tea is strictly a skin scent. It doesn't develop much with time, either, except for revealing a very mild floral character before fading altogether. It's a very pleasant scent, but certainly not exciting. There are more complex and interesting tea scents out there, and many of them last a whole lot longer than this one.

01st July, 2014

KEM44's avatar

I ordered 3 samples from CB IHP and this was my favorite. It's a little sweeter than I expected, and very reminiscent of Earl Grey tea. I love the absence of floral notes and gag-y perfume-ness. The downside is that it really doesn't last more than a few hours, so I will probably not buy a larger size. (The other 2 samples I received were Under the Arbor, which to me smells exactly like grape koolaid, and Memory of Kindness, which is ok, but I like this one better.)

27 November, 2013

Vincents1278's avatar

Smells a lot like Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Nice scent, does smell like tea (roses, lemon, something metallic). I detect NO smokiness, which is a staple of Russian Caravan tea (blended with Lapsang Souchong). Disappointed it has no smoky note. Otherwise it's a nice rose scent with some sort of vetiver-verbena lemon grass note that makes it smell sorta like tea.

03 October, 2011

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

RUSSIAN CARAVAN TEA starts off deceptively weak but gains in substance as the water base dries off. It recalls the aroma of a lightly spiced and fruit-infused tea which I find a little smoky as though the dried tea leaves are burnt slightly. I have always enjoyed tea-based scents and this composition from Christopher Brosius is a delight even if 'wearability' is not its strongest suit.

*** This review is of the water perfume, not the absolute ***

06 December, 2009

ChrisJPN's avatar

Japan Japan

This is very pleasant, a slightly sweet, musty, milk tea. I don't really get the citrus notes others are smelling nor is it particularly bright. On my skin there's a gentle sadness to it and there's a nice sense of refined sophistication. . Great longevity too despite not being powerful at any point. I wouldn't insist anybody buys it but as something a little different it's definitely worth trying.

30th June, 2009