Frank No. 2 (2005)
    by Frank Los Angeles

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 57 ratings

Frank No. 2 information

Frank No. 2 is a men's fragrance by Frank Los Angeles. The scent was launched in 2005

Shop for Frank No. 2 products online

Reviews of Frank No. 2

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.
    positive 14 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

sjg3839's avatar

This one has a slight retro vibe. Starts off green for the first few minutes. After about 15 minutes, the boozy plum starts to kick in. Very well done. That green vibe is still there, but not as dominant as the initial spray. Like others have said, it is hard to put your finger on this one. Smells like a few scents I smelled before. Overall a very nice fragrance for the price ($100). 8/10

27 April, 2014

rbaker's avatar

The opening is dominated by bergamot and lavender and would be traditional if not a boozy brandy note with coriander would give it a richer and smoother character. The drydown adds a light coffee-latte aroma that is complemented by a plum note, adding a fruity nigh-gourmand impression temporarily. Wood and a light white musk emanate in the base. A somewhat unusual, creative composition of good quality ingredients and very well blended whist keeping sufficient structure to express some development on my skin. As far as performance is concerned, I am getting two distinct phases: the first three hours, which include the top and the begin if the middle notes; here silage and projection are very good. Later only it recedes and remains very close to my skin, with an overall longevity of nine hours.
    This is an unusually versatile fragrance; apart from real heat and very cold days it would be a good scent for most weathers and temperatures and for all seasons. The very restrained second parts makes it also a good office scent. Frankly speaking: very good!

15 March, 2014

Oproust's avatar

Frank No. 2 is not well-known, but it is a budding star. A bracing, boozy, fruity and resinous aromatic fougere with a touch of coffee and mixed woods. The plum, cognac, wood and coffee notes work together very well, with no screeches or odd transitions. Frank No. 2 is almost linear on my skin after the original bergamot, lavender onslaught and the mid-heart notes. This is fine with me. My nose would be miffed if this aspirational masculine went all complex on me. There is enough depth with the plum, cognac, coffee and woods to hold my interest for the entire life of this outstanding masculine fragrance. Signature scent worthy for those who enjoy the boozy, fruity, resinous and "just dry enough woody" aromatic fougeres. Frank No. 2 lasts around 8 hours on my skin with very good projection up front that lightens up a bit during the drydown. This is a "wow!" fragrance for me. Should be trending.

06 January, 2014

Montecristo's avatar

Allure Homme with plums

Reviewers below have this nailed. Michael Kors + Allure Pour Homme + plums = Frank No. 2. I really love this scent. The great this to me is that is seems a little "drier", if that makes any sense, than either of those two. It also seems more wearable as well. Definitely for cooler weather.

Pros: Great longevity and sillage
    Cons:

13 October, 2013

rynegne's avatar

Incredible Fragrance for the Price

As drseid says this one is very hard to describe. The only thing I can really say is the Fragrance has really nice transitions from top to middle and basenotes. Throughout long life of Frank 2 LA, it stays rich, classy and bright. The silliage and longevity of Frank 2 LA is extremely good for an eau de toilette. When I'm out of my EDT I will be purchasing the updated EDP version which I'm guessing performs just as well, if not, better.

Pros: Price, Longevity and Overall Scent
    Cons: Old bottle was flimsy and cheap looking which has been since updated."

09 August, 2013

drseid's avatar

Frank No. 2 goes on with a blast of very green bergamot citrus with a plum undertone. In the heart the plum-laced bergamot remains, now joined by what can best be described as a fine cognac liqueur accord that has hints of various well-blended spices with aromatic lavender that comes off as almost herbal in its implementation remaining through the dry-down. Frank No. 2's base which melds with the remaining aromatics from the heart is comprised primarily of a blend of fir based resin and multiple woods coupled with light musk that does not have most of the animallic qualities usually associated with it. Projection and longevity are both very good to excellent.

Frank No. 2 is a very difficult scent to describe. It is very aromatic with a dry boozy undertone driven by its lavender, bergamot, cognac and coniferous resin notes in particular. I hear it compared to Chanel's Allure Homme by many others but I confess I do not see that relation at all. If anything, the closest scent I can think of to Frank No. 2 is Patrick from Fragrances of Ireland. Frank No. 2 is certainly no clone and the two smell very different, but their aromatic concepts occupy a similar space in my opinion (and I prefer Frank No.2). What I *do* know is Frank No. 2 smells very good and is an extremely refined and well-polished effort that should be on anyone's buy list if they are looking for a classy easy to wear aromatic at its relatively low price point of $65 for a 65ml bottle, earning a strong 3.5 stars out of 5.

24 October, 2012