Pink Sugar (2003)

SupplierQuest International

About Pink Sugar

Pink Sugar is a feminine perfume by Aquolina. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Pink Sugar

Its smell like when you are making caramel and it is a little to overdone.I smell that and the rest of the sweet notes and a little musk.It smells girly and unoffensive to me.Kinda childish for some.Comes at a cheap price which it great.
09th December, 2015
So, remember when you were a little kid and you could never get enough sugar, and candy was the best thing of all time ever? And then remember that time some grown-up--maybe a grandparent or a great-aunt or something--offered you a piece of candy and you got all excited...only then to discover that the "candy" in question was actually a plug of some gross rooty old black licorice? Remember how utterly devastating and upsetting that was?

...Yeah. This has got to be the cruellest bait-and-switch in all perfumery.

When you first take a sniff of it in the bottle or the vial, it presents itself as a sweet little riff on ethyl maltol, the "cotton candy" (or "candyfloss" for you Brits out there) aromachemical. It smells great: like spun sugar and carmelized sugar and various vanillaish things and maybe just a bit of red berry. It's a smell that goes straight to whatever part of the limbic system it is that houses your proverbial inner child, and that seems perfectly designed to get that inner child all excited, like a little kid just entering the fairgrounds. Cotton candy! Cotton candy and CARAMEL! Candycandycandycandycandy!!! Yaaaaaay!

Then you make the mistake of spraying it or dabbing some on, and all of a sudden this enormous black licorice and melted plastic hybrid--this unspeakable BEAST--rears up out of nowhere, roaring and rampaging and trampling you underfoot until you're left rocking back and forth, wailing in horror like Nancy Kerrigan after she took one to the knee. "Why? Why??? WHY???!!??"

Seriously, what did they DO to that poor ethyl maltol to make it smell like that? And what could the poor ethyl maltol possibly have done to deserve such treatment?

On the plus side, at least now I know what that black licorice fragrance I've been smelling everywhere for the past couple of years is. It never even occurred to me that it might be Pink Sugar. I'd been assuming that it was, I dunno, Lolita Lempicka or something -- you know, something that is *known* for its licorice note -- because seriously, who would guess that a fragrance called "Pink Sugar" and marketed with all of that pink fluffy cotton candy imagery would actually turn out to smell like a plug of some thick rooty old black licorice? Not I, that's for sure. Crazy old world, innit?

Crazy old world...and a *very* cruel perfume.
23rd November, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
An orange-centred citrus notes that is heavily laden with a sweet note of red berries is present in the opening phase, whilst the drydown bringing in faint whiffs of bland licorice.

The later phases see the addition of a light vanilla background, on which a light musk and a nonspecific woodsy impression develop.

The performance is excellent with moderate sillage, good projection and a splendid eleven hours of longevity. It is the generic, synthetic and boring nature of the ingredients that spoils this olfactoric party, but at least it is never really overwhelmingly sweet or cloying. Very middle-of-the-road. 2.25/5

18th October, 2015
This scent introduced me to the world of perfumes and I still adore it today. It takes me back to those younger party days with the incredibly sweet cotton-candy scent. Eventually it winds down to a solid vanilla scent and is always well received by others. Good for a younger girl or someone like me who still adores a sweet scent.
12th August, 2015
I am not a big fan of the liquorice in this scent. It smells synthetic on me, and somehow doesn't seem to belong amid the rest of the recipe. I am going to wait and try it again during the winter and see if it behaves better in the cold. For now, I prefer Hard Candy when I have a huge sweet tooth.
10th July, 2015
Very Plain very good

I specifically went after Pink Sugar after I was told not to and boy was I glad. I think it smells divine and very plainly of ultra-sweet vanilla. I can detect the cotton candy scent in it but just faintly. I think the dry down and opening notes are all very uniform. It lasts a long time on me and like another reviewer said, if it's warm, the scent is revived a bit. From bottle to paper tester card almost everyone I know says it's awful but if I'm wearing it, I get compliments, even from my mother who deplores all things sweet and sugary in regards to perfume.

Pros: Long lasting
Cons:

29th July, 2013

Add your review of Pink Sugar

Shop for Pink Sugar products online

Shop for Pink Sugar at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pink Sugar

Member images of Pink Sugar

There are no member images of Pink Sugar yet. Why not be the first?