Maestro (1991)

Maestro Fragrance Notes

Maestro information

Maestro is a men's fragrance by Simon Chang. The scent was launched in 1991

Reviews of Maestro

Showing 1 to of 1 reviews.

odysseusm's avatar

Top: lime, bergamot, lavender, pine
    Mid: Sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli, clove
    Base: Oakmoss
    Maestro by Simon Chang is a masculine, woody-grassy scent. Chang is a Montreal fashion designer who briefly got into scents in the late 1980’s, offering Maestro (male) and Kimono (female). Vetiver and patchouli are Maestro’s dominant elements. Pine is listed but I could not detect any. There is a good, typically brief sparkling citrus-lime opening. Very quickly the scent settles into a fresh woody accord. I find Maestro’s vetiver and patchouli to be substantial but not heavy. The oakmoss is restrained but effectively adds other grassy notes. Maestro retains its tangy, not-sweet character over the course of its development. I like some vetiver fragrances and this one is well made. The strong notes are controlled, and the scent reminds me of walking in a sunny grass field. I like it! This is an inexpensive fragrance (now discontinued) but it presents well and exceeded my expectations. The package I purchased also has a shower gel which is of very good quality.

27 March, 2007