Maestro (1991)

About Maestro

Maestro is a masculine fragrance by Simon Chang. The scent was launched in 1991

Maestro fragrance notes

Reviews of Maestro

This is a superb 90s fragrance in the line of direct descendency from Halston Z-14 (70s) and Givenchy's Xeryus (80s). A bit more crisp and green than these two, it stands the test of time despite lacking a little in originality. Another scent in the same vein from the same era is Valentino's Vendetta per Uomo, which is more cinnamic and musky. All in all, I wish I had more than my small bottle as I would wear it more. It's a better everyday scent than those other three.
26th October, 2015
Top: lime, bergamot, lavender, pine
Mid: Sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli, clove
Base: Oakmoss
Maestro by Simon Chang is a masculine, woody-grassy scent. Chang is a Montreal fashion designer who briefly got into scents in the late 1980’s, offering Maestro (male) and Kimono (female). Vetiver and patchouli are Maestro’s dominant elements. Pine is listed but I could not detect any. There is a good, typically brief sparkling citrus-lime opening. Very quickly the scent settles into a fresh woody accord. I find Maestro’s vetiver and patchouli to be substantial but not heavy. The oakmoss is restrained but effectively adds other grassy notes. Maestro retains its tangy, not-sweet character over the course of its development. I like some vetiver fragrances and this one is well made. The strong notes are controlled, and the scent reminds me of walking in a sunny grass field. I like it! This is an inexpensive fragrance (now discontinued) but it presents well and exceeded my expectations. The package I purchased also has a shower gel which is of very good quality.
27th March, 2007

Add your review of Maestro

Shop for Maestro products online

Search Amazon for Maestro

Member images of Maestro

There are no member images of Maestro yet. Why not be the first?