Bleecker Street (2005)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 242 ratings

Bleecker Street Fragrance Notes

Bleecker Street information

Bond's 24th scent, named after the touted designer hot spot of Bleecker Street, and also the location of Bond No. 9's newest store (at number 399).
    The Bleecker bottle imagery was designed by fashion designer and watercolour artist, Rachel Katz.

The fragrance is a gourmand woody fragrance, featuring notes of Vanilla and Cinnamon and is available

Reviews of Bleecker Street

Showing 1 to 6 of 62 reviews.

greatbernard's avatar

Certainly unique. Violets, berries, like a field of grass. Perhaps the tie-dye cover explains it well. It has a hippie vibe. It's a bit powdery too and somewhat synthetic in its notes. It would've been amazing if a better fragrance house executed the concept but it's still very good.

03rd February, 2015

The_Cologneist's avatar

For me, this is a hard fragrance to review, because it changes so much. It starts off with one of the best citrus openings I can remember, combining a smooth violet note, and a slight medicinal feel from the thyme. Then it transforms into a lot of jasmine, which is a note I have a strong disliking for. Eventually the top notes comes back, but a little less powerful, some woods there, before meshing with the green grass, and pepper, that makes this fragrance so green, that everyone talks about. With wafts of suede and cinnamon poking in and out, and a kind of nutty like smell in the base. It makes for a unique take on simple notes.

David Apel, a perfumer I am not too familiar with, really takes my nose on some twists and turns here, yet maintains the overall appeal. By keeping the citrus and green notes up front, and the more unconventional notes that don't really fit in, like the cinnamon, and suede in the back, yet still noticeable. I think the blueberry I am smelling is the note of cassis, which I am not very familiar with, but it keeps things very interesting.

Although it is nothing like Nouveau Bowery, note wise; they sort of resemble one another to me, at least with their citrus notes. Bleecker Street is far more complex though. As it dries it reminds me of Polo Modern Reserve, without the heavy oakmoss. Until the long and final dry down where I smell tagetes mostly, although not listen int he notes. These are the little orange, red, yellow flowers that have a citric smell. This smell just lasts and lasts and lasts. It makes for a different dry down. I don't often smell citrus in the end of a fragrance.

Price point just doesn't justify what I get here. I'd say 85 bucks for a big bottle would be a fair price. Bond #9 prices are just way too inflated, and that's my biggest problem with this house.

14th September, 2014 (Last Edited: 15th September, 2014)

rbaker's avatar

The gently-floral-blackcurrant opening is a delight. Later in the drydown a herbal note is accompanied by a nice jasmine, but the wood notes that follow remain a bit indistinct on my skin. The base is more convincing, with gentle amber and patchouli eventually merging into a subtle vanilla finish that lasts for the final hours. This is a restrained and discrete scent, but in spite of poor silage and limited projection I get an excellent longevity of seven hours. Just in the positive score realm and nice in spring.

12th July, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

Boooooring, if you ask me. Run-of-the-mill citrus top notes, tart but also juicy, soon joined by a faint and blurry floral note. Elements of powder and sweetness emerge and meld in with the flowers. The resulting accord seems confused and indistinct until a woody base note slides in to ground it. Then, in no more than an hour, Bleecker Street is into its drydown: all powder, sandalwood, and vanilla. It persists for some time as a gentle skin scent, trailing off gradually into just the faintest whiff of powder. Final analysis: The bottle is far better than the scent.

11th June, 2014

krsams1's avatar

One of Bond's best. An absolute delight from start to finish and on my skin I get about 8 hours. With Escentric Molecule Molecule 01 I get 4 hours more and a incredible twist. Must have.

05th May, 2014

thines01's avatar

Absolutely Beautiful

What a beautiful fragrance.

I thought nothing could replace my #1 designer fragrance or my #1 niche fragrance, but Bleecker Street has done it.

I originally received a sample vial of it when I bought Chez Bond as my first Bond (and first Niche fragrance). I tried it (along with a few other Bond samples) and was immediately intrigued by the presence of Oak Moss. When my sample vial ran out, I immediately went online and bought a full bottle. I have received compliments from males and females and my wife loves this on me, too!

This is a definite "try" for the serious hobbyist and is, by far, the best Bond I have ever smelled.

Pros: Longevity, The Smell, The Dry-down
    Cons: The Price"

03rd September, 2013

Add your review of Bleecker Street

Search for on eBay United States

New No Box Bond No 9 New York Bleecker Street Eau De Parfum Vial 1.7ml .05 oz
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 4 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Bond no 9 Bleeker Street 7ml Travel Spray with leather purse Brand new Niche !!
    • Listing Type: Auction
    Fragrance Unlimited Spring Mist Version of Bleeker Street by Bond No.9 3.4 oz
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left:
    (Shipping from United States)
    BOND No 9 BLEECKER STREET EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.3 Oz / 100 ml BRAND NEW ITEM !!!
    • Time Left: 27 days