In Black (2005)
    by J del Pozo

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 48 ratings

In Black information

In Black is a women's fragrance by J del Pozo. The scent was launched in 2005 and the bottle was designed by Juan Gatti

Shop for In Black products online

Reviews of In Black

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.
    positive 13 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

Darvant's avatar

Typical "new generation" glamour creamy potion (somewhat synthetic, floral/cosmetical and velvety) which sounds (smells) at the beginning like a sort of more properly masculine Bvlgari Jasmine Noir's version, I mean something floral and ambery with a dark patchouli, musk and vanilla in the blend. I detect hints of jasmine, tuberose, may be soft iris and violet. There are spices in the mix (probably nutmeg and cinnamon) and possibly hints of ripe fruits (plum, berries??) rounding the soapy/floral aroma. The dry down is even more soapy and balmy but somehow linear, "peaceful" and mild. After a pair of hours the balmy floral aroma (somewhat rosey and with a tuberose type of creaminess) conjures me more than vaguely the less "overshadowed" Secret Obsession by CK wich is less dark and more properly floral/cosmetical (less glamour oriental) in expression. Not bad in the complex (for the lovers of such synthetic androgynous fragrances). Longevity and projection are in the average.
    P.S: the extremely soft musk/iris/vanilla combo is mastering in order to determine the basic smooth consistency over which the fruity/floral accord projects its trendy modernity.

03 February, 2014

Bal a Versailles's avatar

As someone who tends towards leather fragrances I bought this blind,on reviews alone. The interesting thing to me is that when I put it into Michael Edwards 'if you like this then...' the result was Coco Mademoiselle. My daughter wears CM and so I was delighted that the 'In Black' resonated with me. The cherry is carnal.
    My Irish Mother, a very bright lady with very little schooling (born 1927 as one of thirteen) worked as a housemaid in hotels, one or two international ones. Often she would arrive home with a perfume left behind by an International Traveller. I always had champagne tastes on a beer budget and these perfumes were our road kill.
    Often unpronounceable to the Antipodean family I knew my 'Shocking' from my 'Weil de Weil', my Chanel from my Guerlain. Long story short. In Black is inexpensive and very agreeable, dead sexy actually. Good sillage, it morphs a little but that is awfully picky. I doubt that it will ever 'take me back' but my husband loves it

15 May, 2012

Weimar27's avatar

I Notice some Incense and Black Licorice in this Perfume i expected
    more of an Oriental woody scent before
    i first tried it. i thought there whould
    be benzion Oppopponox Civet Something
    more woody i was a bit dissapointed.
    but this has a class of it's own.
    very suble but it you noticed.
    it's a very Deletable scent. a Great perfume for Seduction.

14 December, 2010

Late-Hit's avatar

It's an interesting fragrance, but there's something lurking in the background that I find somewhat disturbing.

It's hard to describe, but somehow it reminds me of the smell of spaghetti sauce, or perhaps the empy plastic container of the spaghetti sauce.

However, In Black is very unique (though I also get the connection to Black Orchid).

Not sure about this one...

29 September, 2010

pasha's avatar

These cherries are slowly rotting in their decadence. Very daring. Initial splash of 'sweet' is quite short-lived. Moves to 'smoky and boozy' really fast. There is also a very prominent and somewhat artificial lipstick smell that lingers throughout - somewhat synthetic but very pleasant and cool nonetheless. Slightly more feminine than In White, but not unthinkable for a man to indulge in. In fact, this fragrance can be bewitching on many. By the way, In Black layers beautifully with In White.

In White is more disciplined and wears a lot thicker. This one is more idle and less imposing. Should not be your choice if subtlety is more your flare. It can be rather sexy.

26 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 06 September, 2011)

xXjEnNyXx's avatar

I own most of J del Pozo's scents and they are all unique...this is no exception! When In black is first sprayed, I get a spicy black licorice and black cherry note. Within 15 minutes or so from the initial application, a mysterious, sensual, darkness starts to emerge. I would classify this as a spicy oriental/ fruity/ floral...if that makes sence (It does NOT smell like pure fruit or flowers at all)! IMO, a male could probably pull this fragrance off because there are many mascueline notes of spices and smoky woods. I think I also smell hints of rose and patchouli throught the intensity of the other notes. Once this mellows out on my skin, it reminds me of flavored tobacco (smells kinda like a black-n-mild filled with lusch cherry tobacco). I only wear In Black when I feel daring enough to wear a unique bold scent. The complexity in In Black is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and I admre that in a fragrance, even if I can't wear it every day!

30th January, 2009

• Time Left: 1 day
    J Del Pozo In Black by Jesus Del Pozo - Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
    • Time Left: 1 day
    (Shipping from Australia)
    In Black by Jesus J Del Pozo 3.4 oz EDT for Women New In Box 100ml Spray Unboxed
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 6 days
    J. DEL POZO IN BLACK - JESUS DEL POZO Women 3.4 oz EDT * NEW IN BOX *
    • Time Left: 3 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    J. Del Pozo in Black with a pear spray atomizer, 50 ml., 1.7 oz.
    • Listing Type: eBay Store