Mat; Very Male (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseMasak´ Matsush´ma
Parent CompanyPanouge

About Mat; Very Male

Mat; Very Male is a masculine fragrance by Masak´ Matsush´ma. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Mat; Very Male

For anise and licorice fans this is the pure straight forward answer to what you crave. Nothing else...just tons of black gooey sticky licorice.
06th September, 2012
I forgot to rate this. I love love love this fragrance. It embodies woody masculine in its dry down in a way that is honest (no pretense). To avoid being boring, there is a sweet anise and licorice in the opening. This causes the jus to pale in comparison to one of my holy grail frags, Encre Noir. But where Encre Noir is strong and downright overpowering, Mat; Very Male is soothing. What does Encre Noir and Mat; Very Male have in common? just the vetiver bond really, but I find myself bouncing back and forth between the 2 sometimes, just depends on my anise/licorice tolerance at the point in time.

If you like Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculine, I don't see why you wouldn't love this. Same for Givenchy Play Intense.
26th October, 2011
JaimeB Show all reviews
A bit strong at first, with a clear, sweet anisette liqueur note. Then subtler bamboo and lotus flower notes chime in, along with other woody notes. Finally, patchouli. licorice, and cedar complete the scent. Overall, quite captivating; I would say almost addictive, because of the anise and licorice complemented by cedar and other woods. A stroke of perfumer genius made to flatter the male ego.
29th April, 2011
Fan of anise notes? This one's far more subtle in its use of anise than are Rive Gauche (star anise) and Lolita Lempicka for Men (traditional anise times ten).

Still, I would think twice about buying this one for a romantic frag or a "party" frag as it's got longevity, yes, but very little sillage. Nice office choice for colder climes.
04th December, 2008

Mat; very male is a stronger fragrance than mat; male, and I think thatĺs a good thing mat; male disappeared on me. The anise note that takes over the opening accord is fresher than many anise notes Iĺve experienced in different fragrances: The first several times I tested the fragrance, I thought it was quite interesting and well done ľ I really enjoyed it. But now with repeated testing, the anise opening seems to be getting sweeter and sweeter. The fragrance no longer impresses me, because the sweetness is beginning to wear on me. The middle accord of lotus, bamboo, and woods still carry with it vestiges of the anise note ľ itĺs quite nice, but I would prefer more lotus, bamboo, and woods. The base is my favorite part ľ mainly patchouli supported by cedar. Mat; very male is a very competent fragrance. I like it but it ends up being a little too sweet for me.
12th November, 2008
Anise, vetiver and musk. The sweetness comes from the musk I smell and the herbal and licorice note comes from a combination of vetiver and anise. Didn't seem to last long on me but it was wonderful.
01st November, 2008

Add your review of Mat; Very Male

Shop for Mat; Very Male products online

Search Amazon for Mat; Very Male

Member images of Mat; Very Male

There are no member images of Mat; Very Male yet. Why not be the first?