Quelques Fleurs Royale (2004)
by Houbigant

Quelques Fleurs Royale information

Year of Launch2004

HouseHoubigant
Parent CompanyLoft Fashion and Beauty Diffusion
Parent Company at launchDana Classics

About Quelques Fleurs Royale

Quelques Fleurs Royale is a feminine perfume by Houbigant. The scent was launched in 2004

Quelques Fleurs Royale fragrance notes

Reviews of Quelques Fleurs Royale

I liked the original Quelques Fleurs, but this bears no resemblance. The sample vial spilled so I had a full-throttle olfactory experience. It smells of cocoanut, rather like shampoo. A disappointment..
29th January, 2013
Even if this scent was created for a queen/princess, I believe is less royale than the original version Quelques fleurs. The oriental notes are a little bit too common and ruin the sofistication of this creation. I can't really find why they had to produce this parfume, apart from marketing.
21st April, 2012
Without expectations, this juice hit my wrists and boy oh boy it's a nice suprise! I am amazed at how the modern re-working of a 90 year old fragrance is so pleasing! The name for this long delayed flanker is perfect too. Quelques Fleurs Royale is an orris powdery floral that really enhances the rose/jasmine heart. Topped with citrus & bergamot, QFR grabs onto the possiblity of a masculine floral...I don't get too much indole, if any, and the musky base is a perfect ending. Undoubtedly worthy of a test run!
19th May, 2009
Not having a lot of experience with florals it's hard to compare it to its peers, but I also noted some similarities to YSL L'Homme at the heart of the fragrance. In a direct comparison QFR makes L'Homme smell like a cheap knockoff (if you don't happen to already think of it that way), possessing a certain depth and quality of ingredients that L'Homme seems to lack.

On a personal level, Quelques Fleurs Royale opened my eyes to the idea of wearing gender-ambiguous and gender-mismatched fragrances. As others have noted, this is clearly a feminine offering but it works very well on men, too, and for that alone I think it's pretty noteworthy. Wear this with confidence amongst forward-thinking crowds and it will pay off nicely.
16th May, 2009
This is by far the best of the Quleques Fleur. Not old lady like the Original and not too dark and depressing as the Violettes. Royale is feminine, strong, yet soft, just beautiful. It is timeless.
02nd May, 2009
mals86 Show all reviews
I obtained two 2-ml sample vials of this, and was all set to enjoy them. I tried a light application one evening and found the fresh citrusy opening pleasant (I get no currant notes), and the heart elegantly floral and feminine in that "French Perfume" sort of way. I dabbed some on the next morning before heading to work, and although I was wearing ponte' knit trousers and a sweater, felt as chic and elegant as a French woman in a chignon, a fitted suit and stilettos, tapping down l'avenue.

And then the indoles hit me. As I was pulling into the parking lot at work, it was suddenly as if this elegant French woman had taken off the silk thong panties she'd been wearing for a week and hung them from my rear view mirror! Ack! I rushed right into the bathroom and used the grit soap to wash my wrists. That calmed it down enough for me to tolerate.

Later, the drydown became the most exquisitely enjoyable I have ever experienced. Orris, amber, wood, and musk: sooooo wonderful. I didn't want to stop sniffing my wrists. However, I'm not sure I can endure the indolic jasmine heart just to reach the drydown, so I won't be purchasing this.
28th January, 2009

Add your review of Quelques Fleurs Royale

Shop for Quelques Fleurs Royale products online

Shop for Quelques Fleurs Royale at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Quelques Fleurs Royale

Member images of Quelques Fleurs Royale

There are no member images of Quelques Fleurs Royale yet. Why not be the first?