Pomegranate Noir (2005)

Pomegranate Noir Fragrance notes

Raspberry, Plum, Pink pepper, Pomegranate, Patchouli, Frankincense, Spicy woods

Shop for Pomegranate Noir products online

Reviews of Pomegranate Noir

Showing 1 to 6 of 54 reviews.

Barris's avatar
    Barris

Talk about SMOKEY, SEDUCTIVE, AND EASILY WORN. (THE BATH OIL... WOW!)

No need for resin, or tobacco to spice up your fall fragrances. Pomegranate Noir won it over for me once I tried it on my skin accompanied with that fantastic body cream. The spice really tapers around the fruity accents, but really rolls off woody once the bass notes are around to rock it out for the rest of the trip.

The Pomegranate Noir Chronicle Set (Get it, it's wonderful!) includes 3 outside fragrances that are within the Pom. Noir fragrance itself. Such as, Raspberry (very light and tart) the Casablanca Lilly (classy, with a kick of a seasoned floral) and finally the Guacaia Wood (as if you've plucked a strip of the bark off... ah!) The set allows you to accent the Pom. Noir in many ways, and I have so much fun even using them in my other fragrances.

Unisex is the way to go, after all.. a smell is a smell, and it's best to be told "You smell great! ..what is that?" rather than.. "That Angel smells divine on you." -for all those gourmand lovers.

17 October, 2012

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Pomegranate starts of, with patchouli added after a few moments. Later a spicy and light peppery component is added, which after about half an hour becomes prominent without ever losing a touch of freshness in the drydown. The change from the top note to the darker tone is accompanied by occasional green elements. This is an interesting fragrance, with decent silage and projection and a good longevity of four hours on me. One of the more remarkable Jo Malone creations.

28 September, 2012

Khaibit108's avatar
    Khaibit108

When I first put this on, I could distinctly smell the pomegranate, and a woody note. It was okay, but very weak, and then it was gone. Many scents don't last long on me, but this one disappears almost immediately.

18 August, 2012

onaluna's avatar
    onaluna

I'll be darned if there isn't a distinctly camphorous quality to the frankincense in this. At the outset, the frankincense overrides the fruitiness — which is full, rounded fruit — not cloying or rank. (Rank as in orange and sharply sweaty; Jo Malone peach has that unfortunate quality on my skin) I love the patchouli base and tame sillage.

Since I'm not a fan of fruits (even the non-sweaty ones seem "thin" or artificial to my nose), I layer this with the sweet, powdery, light spice of JM Ginger and Nutmeg. It makes for a gorgeous mix, more complex, less gourmand and spice than incense.

23 June, 2012 (Last Edited: 20th March, 2013)

tbozzo's avatar
    tbozzo

I sprayed while getting dressed this morning, and at first picked out some fruit and a very soft patchouli. I thought to myself, this one might be a Jo Malone that I actually like.

Then about 10 min in it started to change. I got a distint impression of Noxema from the 70's. Is that menthol? Camphor? Eucalyptas? Regardless, I took my son to kindergarten today feeling like those around me thought I may have some skin condition I was medicating.

So now I am about an hour and a half in, and though that medicated smell is still half present, the fruit is kind of starting to peek through. All in all it's not an unpleasant smell, but not one I want to smell like. I have tried a few Jo malone's and as of yet I don't understand the hype or the hefty price tag.

07 March, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Really dark or better "incensey noir". This fragrance doesn't introduce the kind of accords i use to love and before testing it i tended to figure that the  smell could  be to much fruity or like fruity candy's juice full of colorants. Thanks God it doesn't happen with this concoction that is finally centralized on the main notes of frankincense, pepper and patchouli with some fruity aftertastes in the middle of the mist.  Obviously the initial fruity accord of plums, pomegranate and wild berries turns out slightly viney and a  bit crude but the intromission of dark patchouli, pepper, nutmeg and incense produces since the beginning a sort of enigmatic, medicinal, aromatic and dusty aroma that with the walk of time slides towards a more balanced woodiness with some edible fruity aftertastes swirling around. The outcome is something meditative and slightly ancestral.

01st March, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 February, 2013)

Add your review of Pomegranate Noir