Tomorrow for Him (2005)

Tomorrow for Him information

Year of Launch2005

HouseAvon

About Tomorrow for Him

Tomorrow for Him is a masculine fragrance by Avon. The scent was launched in 2005

Tomorrow for Him fragrance notes

Reviews of Tomorrow for Him

It would seem that 5 years after the release (and lukewarm success) of Intrigue, and two after the odd spice grenade that was Passion Dance for Him, Avon would take another, more committed stab at the emerging gourmand trope in men's fragrance. By this time other fragrance houses, some quite prestigious, had been exploring the idea of "taste good" fragrance notes too, with stuff like Spark for Him by Liz Claiborne and Dior Homme hitting the market in the years between. If you can ignore the fact that this fragrance practically steals the bottle design from the aforementioned Dior, what you'll find is something worth treasuring within. Just like it's series of woodsy chypres, it seems 3 times was the charm for Avon and it's experimentation with gourmand scents.

Avon took the warm vanilla and bergamot tones from Intrigue and disposed of the rest here, adding in some of the spicy base from Passion Dance. The woods and other darker, smokier qualities have been dispatched and replaced by cacao, anise, and something caramel sweet that I can't place. There is a slight powder going on here too but it's not enough to push this into fougere territory, and the end result is as others have commented: a very very edible fragrance that reminds one of a spicy aperitif or digestive nightcap that one can wear. This one rides very close to the aforementioned Spark for Him, but that one is well overdone with too much of the syrupy caramel and something cinnamon that just irritates in the way a shot of Fireball ruins all the previous drinking before it (I hate Fireball FYI). Some could call this a "me-too" since Avon does have a really bad track record of joining tropes very late in the game, or outright re-engineering popular fragrances with lower-cost ingredients to dupe buyers. But in this case, since they were actually -at- the cutting edge of men's fragrance in the 2000's with some of their designs (for the first time since they started churning them out in the 60's and early 70's), that claim doesn't really hold water, at least this time around. What fascinates me most here is that just like with Uomo/Paradigm/HisStory, they kept building on an idea, cannibalizing and retaining what worked, and replacing what didn't, until they reached an ultimate conclusion that was the best of 3. In this case, this order of progression goes Intrigue->Passion Dance for Him -> Tomorrow for Men. I still prefer Intrigue the best out of the three, but I admit this is more complex and balanced.

Gourmands are more or less the mid-2000's version of the 70's aromatic musk craze, and men's fragrance grew a lot richer and darker for the first time since the end of that decade. Of all the men's fragrance tropes Avon tried, I feel richer and more powdery smells were always their strong suit. They had a limited palette to begin with in order to keep the price points they wanted, and there just seems to be more possibilities for creative excellence within richer smell categories if staying cheap is a priority, since the ingredients needed to pull off good fresh smells of a modern type are all rather exotic botanicals or synthetic proxies. Granted, the ever-safe and ever-popular watery aquatics and ozonic fragrances that had supplanted other kinds of male scent were still present, with Avon hitting a less-notable but still respectable stride with them as well, but stuff like this was the first sign that men wanted to smell masculine again, and Avon was better at this anyway, even if gourmands never came to dominate men's fragrance the way musk did decades prior.

I feel good about wearing this regularly, and even though it's sadly discontinued in the US market, it was amazingly popular in Eastern Europe, particularly Poland, just like the R.P.M. line under the "Full Speed" alternate name and it's myriad Poland-only franchise of flankers. This means that outside of a little bit of pesky import postage, it should still be easily available from online Avon sellers over there that ship globally. Of interesting note, the "Today * Tomorrow * Always" tag was meant to be a line of fragrances that came in 3's, one for each name in the trio. That ended up being the case for the feminine line of these, but men in the US only ever got the "Tomorrow" and not the other two. Recently, Avon launched the men's "Today" but only in Poland (of course), and even extended the series out to "Today Tomorrow Always Forever" in Poland. They even made a "Today Tomorrow Always My Everything" for the Hungarian market. Ah Avon... today tomorrow and always making people who like your selections jump through hoops to replenish stock of their favorites. XD
04th September, 2017
Great, cheap lovely
27th April, 2015
I just got this today -blind purchase- and I have say I had never been so pleasantly surprised before. I have always stayed away from Avon fragrances (sorry, I find them "cheap"), but this is SO not Avon!! It is a fantastic syrupy frag, in the line of Blue Sugar by Aquolina, Rochas Man and Legend by Michael Jordan (not that they smell alike, but it's the same style). Sweet as it is, I can smell the amber and the coconut. It does not smell cheap, AT ALL. I wore it today to go to work and my secretary went crazy over it. If you're a fan of sweet perfumes, this is a purchase you will definitely not regret (especially considering what a BARGAIN it is!!). Highly recommendable.
04th July, 2012
First: love the bottle. This juice got a simply but chic bottle that matches the style of the cologne.

Second: this is my most complimented cologne. Bar none. I always get asked anytime I wear it, what I have on....ohhhh it smells so wonderful. Where can I find it? When I say Avon, no one believes me and everyone thinks I'm joking.

If this was put out by any "real" designer it would sell for 70+ bucks, and be getting all kinds of attention.

The color is perfect. A camel, dark chocolate, ANISE. And a delicious scent. My wife usually hates licorice, but she drools when I wear this. I generally am not a fan of gourmand scents but this is so classy, and rich. It's like wearing a glass of fine cognac.

I got this on eBay for $12. What a steal. I heard they disconntinued it. I hope not. I was so sad to hear that, and I actually wrote the company. (never done that before). If you like manly, deep, spicy, semi-sweet, frags, that have a smoky quality. This is it. A frag people will think you spent a fortune on at some niche boutique. This is it. No one will believe its Avon. I have other Avon frags, just to have in my library of scents, because they are considered classics. "Wild country", & "black suede". They are very Avon. Smell cheap. Not bad, just cheap. They have an odd, "oh this is an Avon cologne" smell. TOMORROW DOES NOT. It smells as far removed from Avon as a cologne possibly could. I don't know who they got to designe this stuff be he is a scent god.

I've smelled the other colognes mentioned below, that reminds many of this- including micheal kors, and a number of others. They are all from the same DNA. But personally, even if price wasn't a factor I'd take tomorrow over them. However, when you consider the price it's a no brainer. If your going to have one gourmand in your collection let it be this one.

For me longevity is very good. Sillage is good as well. I get about 7-9 hours. The other day I grabbed a shirt I was wearing the day before and could still smell it on there. This is what a modern man should smell like. Manly. Warm. Spicy.
21st June, 2012 (last edited: 25th June, 2012)
For the money, it is a great buy. It is the perfect scent to have in your collection for when you want to just change it up a bit for a day or two. It is good and longevity is decent. This was a gift and I must admit it surprised me pleasantly.
25th March, 2012
Avon has really stepped up their game in the last decade.
Tomorrow is a wonderful fragrance.
Licorice and Spice and very, very nice.
The notes are enjoyable and pleasing to my nose.
This is more wearable IMO than Lolita Lempicka and more enjoyable than Body Kouros.
Sadly the longevity is not great.
I still highly recommend for those who enjoy anise gourmands.
I really like this.