Rouge Royal for Men (2004)
by Marina de Bourbon

Rouge Royal for Men information

Year of Launch2004

HouseMarina de Bourbon

About Rouge Royal for Men

Rouge Royal for Men is a masculine fragrance by Marina de Bourbon. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Rouge Royal for Men

This is one of the better cheapies you can buy. It's like a cross between Le Male and M7. I agree with TheCologneist that it does have that M7 vibe going through it, but Rouge Royal isn't balmy or powdery. Projection and Longevity are good with around 4 hours of decent projection and 8 hours longevity. If you like either of those two fragrance just go online and buy this. Well worth the small prices it's going for.
29th April, 2015
Swanky Show all reviews
Rouge Royal is a cheapie that boasts admirable sillage and longevity. I see it as the love child of an orgy of Le Male, Fire & Ice For Men, and Deauville Pour Homme.
06th May, 2014 (last edited: 17th October, 2014)
The opening to this is amazing! Imagine M7 without the oud note. I get an herbal cherry opening, reminds me of cherry Halls cough drops. There's a menthol like quality about it, similar to cough drops too, it just goes right up your nose and hits your lungs -- in the best way possible. The honey note becomes very prominent in the middle, as does an exceptionally well done lemon note. As if it couldn't get any better.. the base, I primarily get sandalwood, but to be frank, one of the best and most natural smelling sandalwood phases I have ever smelled, and I LOVE my sandalwood! This fragrance is a true winner, and very inexpensive. Projection is above average as well, and longevity is 8-10 hours on my skin. My only problem is finding the appropriate time to wear this. It can be dressed up or down, but because of the notes, I think it goes better in cooler weather, which is not the season for that right now in Florida. I will be wearing this for sure, after Summer. This fragrance is also very "niche-like", as it is more daring than most of which you would find at the mall. Quality wise, however.. I don't think it is quite niche quality, but it certainly does not smell cheap.
02nd June, 2012
Bigsly Show all reviews
I have tried to find the notes on this but they seem to be unavailable. I'd guess anise, pepper (possibly with other spices), iris or orris, and vanilla are the major ones. I usually dislike strong anise, but something softens it up here, and it's very pleasant. I also think there's melon or a melon-like note in the top, but it is gone within a couple of hours. This lasts a long time and has very good sillage too. This is quite rich but not as dynamic as one might expect, though it's not "boring," probably because it is so rich. So, it's strong and rich, but also soft, which is what I prefer in a fragrance, though it lacks as much dynamism as I prefer (the anise may be just a bit too strong, preventing the all the notes from interacting as much as I'd like; instead it feels like the anise is bullying the other notes) . Still, there aren't many fragrances that are excellent in every way, and this one is very, very close, so of course it deserves a positive rating. It also cost me about $14 for 100 ml, and I'd call it "unisex."
14th July, 2009
A very sweet spice fragrance, smells very red. The opening is all about cinnamon, and after a little bit it calms down into a pleasingly warm floral smell, although the cinnamon note sticks around throughout to give it a nice spicy edge. Supposedly, there's some citrus in there as well, but I don't smell it. It's very strong, a couple sprays and it's still with me the day after. Overall, not as dynamic as I would have liked, but it's nonetheless a very nice fragrance for winter and evening wear, and it smells very unique compared to similar fragrances I've tried.
11th January, 2008
Rouge Royal Is a sweet - red - scent. Close to Jacomo Rouge, but not the same. Not too sweet, but still with a noticeable sweetness. Woody with some spice and maybe amber and possible lavender. It's a nice sweet fragrance that is different than Pi or other overly sweet EDTs. Seems would work well for evenings and nights, but with a light application, it could be OK for work.
02nd July, 2007

Add your review of Rouge Royal for Men

Shop for Rouge Royal for Men products online

Search Amazon for Rouge Royal for Men

Member images of Rouge Royal for Men

There are no member images of Rouge Royal for Men yet. Why not be the first?