Powder Flowers
    by Montale

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 19 ratings

Powder Flowers information

Powder Flowers is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Reviews of Powder Flowers

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

ubuandibeme's avatar

Keiko Mecheri's LOUKHOUM meets Chanel's NO.5! Aldehydic almond powder with a sheer floral backround, that's about the best description I can give! I have also tried Sweet Oriental Dream from Montale and find Powder Flowers more wearable, not overly sweet.

02nd January, 2009

AnnS's avatar

I like this scent very much. Powder Flowers starts off for me very much like Chanel No 5 - a little "perfumey" blast of aldehydes, citrus and powder notes. As the top dries off, it gains a wonderful soft, lightly floral, woodsy, powdery sophistication. The lasting power is excellent and the sillage is good too. If you have ever smelled Lorenzo Villoresi Tient de Niege, Fragonard Grain de Soliel, or Estee Lauder PC Amber Ylang Ylang, and liked any of these, Powder Flowers certainly fits this type of fragrance group soft, powdery, heliotrope/vanilla. What surprised me most, and what made me like it best, was that in gaining a powdery softness that almost renders it a comfort fragrance, it still maintains a bit of aldehydic sophistication. I believe this comes from a very judicious use of some woods/incense in the base that prevents it from becoming too cloying. I highly recommend it for powder/aldehyde lovers, or anyone who wants to wear an excellent sophisticated and soft fragrance.

12th December, 2008

Aoud Queen's avatar

Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia

hi I agree with Quarry. I fell in love with powder flowers, in the shop. When I purchased a bottle for myself the experience didnt quite live up to what I had experienced in the shop.It smelt very plastic like, and then nothing. I dont know why that is maybe it doesnt me :-( Im glad to hear that Im not the only person that has had this experience Quarry, thanks for sharing .

29th June, 2008

kumquat's avatar

Powder Flowers--Almond is strong out of the gate, then it turns more powdery. I'm talking big powder! It is like Johnson's Baby Powder but then it gets better and reminds me of Chanel #5 without the aldehydes.
    --This was my first impression. On a second try, I liked it better even though it is not very complex, the warm ambery dry-down is very appealing and yummy. I'm liking it better all the time. Worth a try.

23rd April, 2007

Quarry's avatar

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here: I'm utterly handicapped when it comes to smelling iris or violet. Right at the time of application, while the juice is still wet on my skin, the scent reminds me of an old dentist office (metal and sterilizing fluids?). Then, 20 seconds later--nothing. I smell nothing. If I put my nose right to my skin and breath warm air against the shiney spot where I applied my sample, I smell a hint of something, which I cannot define. Like those who range in color-blindness, I must have partial note-blindess.

18th August, 2006

absynthium's avatar

one of the best powdered fragrance ever created i definitely adore it

03rd August, 2006

Add your review of Powder Flowers

Search for on eBay United States

MONTALE POWDER FLOWERS - EDP, Eau de Parfum 50ml UNISEX - BRAND NEW IN BOX
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from Bulgaria)
    Montale Powder Flowers By Montale For Women. Eau De Parfum Spray 3.3 Oz.
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Montale Powder Flowers EDP 1.7 fl oz 50ml New In Box
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 6 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)