Powder Flowers

Powder Flowers information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Powder Flowers

Powder Flowers is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Powder Flowers

(Disclaimer: this is my first ever review here, although I'm a smell hoarder and have been stocking basenotes and its generous posters for years. So please bear with me as I'll try to add my humble impressions to the collective wisdom.)

The notes: aldehydes, (wet) powder, a little hand-of-Buddha citrus, garden flowers (mostly sweet pea and honeysuckle, then iris and acacia tree flowers), spun sugar, a bit of vanilla, rose, almond.

The image: vacation sheets in the static-hot-quiet morning on a Greek island, when the sun is already burning, the village is deserted and the church bells toll. Romantic, safe, feminine, soft, atemporal.

The chemistry: on me, this quickly becomes a soft rose, the kind used in Eastern Europe to make a delicate-but-fragrant petal jam. Everything else mingles in a sweet horizontal background to support it.

The weird: right before it dissipates entirely, I get a gentle whiff of bug spray.

The power: 15-30m. To my despair, my bottle's projection is VERY weak, and the whole thing disappears with no trace from both skin and clothes before I get to even blink. Too, too, too bad.
24th April, 2016
It is an everlasting love of mine! Something i don't even need to wear! I just like to keep it for myself, for my linens, and to sniff the wonderful soft warmth it always projects so intensive and yet so powdery, it truly reminds you of your first years, of baby powder, but a fabulous baby powder,of mystic proportions! The flower's notes are mixed with an extreme knowledge and they are always so wonderfully right and never cloying, but just romantically mysterious! This is not a fragrance for me! It is more of a sensation, a mood, a poem!
30th September, 2015
Keiko Mecheri's LOUKHOUM meets Chanel's NO.5! Aldehydic almond powder with a sheer floral backround, that's about the best description I can give! I have also tried Sweet Oriental Dream from Montale and find Powder Flowers more wearable, not overly sweet.
02nd January, 2009
AnnS Show all reviews
I like this scent very much. Powder Flowers starts off for me very much like Chanel No 5 - a little "perfumey" blast of aldehydes, citrus and powder notes. As the top dries off, it gains a wonderful soft, lightly floral, woodsy, powdery sophistication. The lasting power is excellent and the sillage is good too. If you have ever smelled Lorenzo Villoresi Tient de Niege, Fragonard Grain de Soliel, or Estee Lauder PC Amber Ylang Ylang, and liked any of these, Powder Flowers certainly fits this type of fragrance group soft, powdery, heliotrope/vanilla. What surprised me most, and what made me like it best, was that in gaining a powdery softness that almost renders it a comfort fragrance, it still maintains a bit of aldehydic sophistication. I believe this comes from a very judicious use of some woods/incense in the base that prevents it from becoming too cloying. I highly recommend it for powder/aldehyde lovers, or anyone who wants to wear an excellent sophisticated and soft fragrance.
12th December, 2008
hi I agree with Quarry. I fell in love with powder flowers, in the shop. When I purchased a bottle for myself the experience didnt quite live up to what I had experienced in the shop.It smelt very plastic like, and then nothing. I dont know why that is maybe it doesnt me :-( Im glad to hear that Im not the only person that has had this experience Quarry, thanks for sharing .
29th June, 2008
Powder Flowers--Almond is strong out of the gate, then it turns more powdery. I'm talking big powder! It is like Johnson's Baby Powder but then it gets better and reminds me of Chanel #5 without the aldehydes.
--This was my first impression. On a second try, I liked it better even though it is not very complex, the warm ambery dry-down is very appealing and yummy. I'm liking it better all the time. Worth a try.
23rd April, 2007

Add your review of Powder Flowers

Shop for Powder Flowers products online

Shop for Powder Flowers at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Powder Flowers

Member images of Powder Flowers

There are no member images of Powder Flowers yet. Why not be the first?