Powder Flowers

Powder Flowers information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Powder Flowers

Powder Flowers is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Powder Flowers

Keiko Mecheri's LOUKHOUM meets Chanel's NO.5! Aldehydic almond powder with a sheer floral backround, that's about the best description I can give! I have also tried Sweet Oriental Dream from Montale and find Powder Flowers more wearable, not overly sweet.
02nd January, 2009
AnnS Show all reviews
I like this scent very much. Powder Flowers starts off for me very much like Chanel No 5 - a little "perfumey" blast of aldehydes, citrus and powder notes. As the top dries off, it gains a wonderful soft, lightly floral, woodsy, powdery sophistication. The lasting power is excellent and the sillage is good too. If you have ever smelled Lorenzo Villoresi Tient de Niege, Fragonard Grain de Soliel, or Estee Lauder PC Amber Ylang Ylang, and liked any of these, Powder Flowers certainly fits this type of fragrance group soft, powdery, heliotrope/vanilla. What surprised me most, and what made me like it best, was that in gaining a powdery softness that almost renders it a comfort fragrance, it still maintains a bit of aldehydic sophistication. I believe this comes from a very judicious use of some woods/incense in the base that prevents it from becoming too cloying. I highly recommend it for powder/aldehyde lovers, or anyone who wants to wear an excellent sophisticated and soft fragrance.
12th December, 2008
hi I agree with Quarry. I fell in love with powder flowers, in the shop. When I purchased a bottle for myself the experience didnt quite live up to what I had experienced in the shop.It smelt very plastic like, and then nothing. I dont know why that is maybe it doesnt me :-( Im glad to hear that Im not the only person that has had this experience Quarry, thanks for sharing .
29th June, 2008
Powder Flowers--Almond is strong out of the gate, then it turns more powdery. I'm talking big powder! It is like Johnson's Baby Powder but then it gets better and reminds me of Chanel #5 without the aldehydes.
--This was my first impression. On a second try, I liked it better even though it is not very complex, the warm ambery dry-down is very appealing and yummy. I'm liking it better all the time. Worth a try.
23rd April, 2007
Quarry Show all reviews
I've said it before, and I'll say it again here: I'm utterly handicapped when it comes to smelling iris or violet. Right at the time of application, while the juice is still wet on my skin, the scent reminds me of an old dentist office (metal and sterilizing fluids?). Then, 20 seconds later--nothing. I smell nothing. If I put my nose right to my skin and breath warm air against the shiney spot where I applied my sample, I smell a hint of something, which I cannot define. Like those who range in color-blindness, I must have partial note-blindess.
18th August, 2006
one of the best powdered fragrance ever created i definitely adore it
03rd August, 2006

Add your review of Powder Flowers

Shop for Powder Flowers products online

Search Amazon for Powder Flowers

Member images of Powder Flowers

There are no member images of Powder Flowers yet. Why not be the first?