Aoud Roses Petals
by Montale

Aoud Roses Petals information

PerfumerPierre Montale

About Aoud Roses Petals

Aoud Roses Petals is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Aoud Roses Petals fragrance notes

Reviews of Aoud Roses Petals

Overall, this is an alright, extremely wearable & easy introduction to oud and a "rose-oud" fragrance. With that said, this perfume lacks anything outstanding or memorable, IMHO.

“Aoud Roses Petals” definitely opens with sharp, highly detectable, intense citrus & SPICY notes, which generally are not my favorite opening notes (or notes in general). Within minutes, this perfume with its sharp & spicy opening morphs into a light, fragrant, somewhat synthetic, almost cloying (not "dark") rose oud fragrance with lots of spice and citrus...way to spicy and sharp for my tastes.

The oud is not intense, resinous, earthy, dark or over-powering in any way but definitely the STAR of this fragrance. The rose is dainty & light. Someone mentioned the rose in this fragrance as being "high-pitched," which I think is an apt way of describing that note. When wearing this, I DO detect oud but more-so, I detect oud & lots of spice...almost some vetiver (which I dislike). Some rose is detectable but definitely in the back seat. Spicy oud seems to dominate this fragrance from top to bottom. And cedar...I definitely smell cedar in the end.

I like this fragrance but I certainly do not LOVE this fragrance. Montale Aoud Roses Petals is just a bit too spicy, GREEN, vegetal and distant for my tastes. The thoughts this fragrance evoke are not comforting, romantic, warm or soothing. I do not feel "wrapped-up" in, or "held" by this potion. While wearing this, I feel very un-feminine and unattractive. After an hour or so, this fragrance smells too "masculine" for me...perhaps I would like this scent more on a man than I do on myself. Aoud Roses Petals doesn't project or signify who I think I am (and who I want to project) in a fragrance. After a while, I smelled like I was wearing Clairoil Herbal Essence Shampoo...The Original Scent.

This Montale just never seems to settle down on me & onto my skin. For me, this perfume is not compelling or cozy, not moody or dark. When I smell this fragrance, it smells green, active, intense, sharp & blinding. For me, this fragrance never "grounded."

I do not think I will ever own this scent...I just do not like it enough. May move up the scale and try Montale Black Aoud or Montale White Aoud. As an aside, I like Tiziana Terenzi "Gold Rose Oudh" and Maison Francis Kurkdjian "Oud Silk Mood" a lot more than this fragrance.
03rd March, 2015
One of the prettiest roses out there

Scent Dynamics: Opens up with a field of roses, or at least a giant rose bush. Oud comes out strong 5-10 minutes later and wrestles with the rose about 20 minutes. During this stage, Aoud Rose Petals is a sharp. I think that the medicinal quality of oud hides in its ability to feel like it reaches all the way down your nose and into your throat, the same way an alcohol iodine solution does. Twenty minutes later, oud mellows down, becomes pleasantly woody, and the rose takes center stage. From here on, it is a pretty, creamy rose with a touch of sweetness and a depth of oud. Lasts forever, and projects very strongly.

Opinion: Montale’s Aoud Rose Petals is not a sweet, drunk, rose like Tom Ford’s Noir de Noir. It is not a soft tea rose either. It is not a musky rose which overwhelms you with its sexuality, as is the case for Montale’s Roses Musk. Montale’s Aoud Rose Petals is a sea of rose petals around a burning altar of oud.

I can’t think of it as a western perfume. It constructed in a way that only centuries of tradition can permit – it is simple yet very powerful in effect. It is opulent as opposed to elegant. It is beautiful without any reservations.

I think that this is Piere Montale’s most powerful idea. He took an undeniably gorgeous rose note, and instead of trying to tame it with fresh notes, westernize it with powdery notes, or vulgarize it with musk, he amplified the hell out of this rose with his most powerful ingredient – oud. The result is an enormously beautiful, proud and an unapologetic rose parfum. This perfume is a dark haired woman, painted in bald strokes, who had not even once in her life looked at herself in the mirror and thought she was less than perfect in her features.

If you think of attars as a blend of rose and oud, you will find Aoud Rose Petals to be quintessential attar. It is simple, enormously powerful, gorgeous, and very effective at what it is supposed to do.

Rating: Every time I wear Aoud Rose Petals, I am stunned at how pretty it is, and secretly want to wear it every single day of my life. After wearing it for a few days, I come to a sad realization that beautiful is just not my thing, and that the fragrance does not have the complexity to keep me interested for many wearings in a row.

As it is the prettiest rose I own, I give it 8.5/10.

Pros: Powerful
Cons: Simple"

06th September, 2013
Addictive. Not harsh neither medicinal oud if compared to Aoud Lime or White Aoud first notes. Oud here is soft and rose is sweet and comforting. It reminds a lot of Aseel by Al-Rehab for sure - Aseel is slightly less sweet and more earthy roses. Aoud Rose Petals is unisex and has a great lasting power and sillage. I prefer this to Aoud Queen Roses and to Aoud Damascus.
15th November, 2012
Like a budding green rose twined around a sliver of oud, AOUD ROSES PETALS is a refined composition that keeps the oud under wraps. Or perhaps Arabian oud is a little more subdued than its Cambodian counterpart. Scent projection may not be its strong suit but I find the retiring woody rose accord no less intriguing. If you're a guy after a sophisticated low-sillage rose scent which you could enjoy on the quiet, you should probably give this a wearing.
27th May, 2011
“Rose Petals” is an apt name for this fragrance. Unlike some others in the Montale Aoud series, for example Black Aoud or White Aoud, in which the rose is more of a dark, night rose, this truly reminds me of tender, pink buds on an spring morning. The oud here is the softest and most delicate of the series as well, but I can feel it quite clearly. It is most pronounced in the beginning, and it is somewhat high-pitched, compared to the deeper baritone of the oud in other Montale creations. On me, the oud remains as a whisper, a supporting presence to the rose and other soft spicy notes, even as it subsides in the background and lets the flower petals sparkle.

I would recommend this fragrance to those who would like a gentle introduction to oud. Sillage is not as powerful as in others of the series, but rose lovers will appreciate it for both its wearability and playful mood. I like the depth of the oud and the almost creamy dry-down in Montale White Aoud, but I am careful when and where I wear it. Rose Petals would be safe as an everyday choice, and to me, this is an important consideration.

On me, it lasts for a whole day.
20th January, 2011 (last edited: 19th February, 2011)
My favorite rose scent. The aoud and the rose are incredible together. If you don't love the patchouli in Black Aoud, you must try this one. But I'm sad that this fragrance doesn't last long enough!
29th September, 2010

Add your review of Aoud Roses Petals

Shop for Aoud Roses Petals products online

Shop for Aoud Roses Petals at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aoud Roses Petals

Member images of Aoud Roses Petals

There are no member images of Aoud Roses Petals yet. Why not be the first?