Aoud Roses Petals

Aoud Roses Petals Fragrance notes

Tea Rose, Geranium, Amber, Teak, Cedar, Kayak, Arabian Oud

Shop for Aoud Roses Petals products online

Reviews of Aoud Roses Petals

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.
    positive 11 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

pavel's avatar
    pavel

One of the prettiest roses out there

Scent Dynamics: Opens up with a field of roses, or at least a giant rose bush. Oud comes out strong 5-10 minutes later and wrestles with the rose about 20 minutes. During this stage, Aoud Rose Petals is a sharp. I think that the medicinal quality of oud hides in its ability to feel like it reaches all the way down your nose and into your throat, the same way an alcohol iodine solution does. Twenty minutes later, oud mellows down, becomes pleasantly woody, and the rose takes center stage. From here on, it is a pretty, creamy rose with a touch of sweetness and a depth of oud. Lasts forever, and projects very strongly.

Opinion: Montale’s Aoud Rose Petals is not a sweet, drunk, rose like Tom Ford’s Noir de Noir. It is not a soft tea rose either. It is not a musky rose which overwhelms you with its sexuality, as is the case for Montale’s Roses Musk. Montale’s Aoud Rose Petals is a sea of rose petals around a burning altar of oud.

I can’t think of it as a western perfume. It constructed in a way that only centuries of tradition can permit – it is simple yet very powerful in effect. It is opulent as opposed to elegant. It is beautiful without any reservations.

I think that this is Piere Montale’s most powerful idea. He took an undeniably gorgeous rose note, and instead of trying to tame it with fresh notes, westernize it with powdery notes, or vulgarize it with musk, he amplified the hell out of this rose with his most powerful ingredient – oud. The result is an enormously beautiful, proud and an unapologetic rose parfum. This perfume is a dark haired woman, painted in bald strokes, who had not even once in her life looked at herself in the mirror and thought she was less than perfect in her features.

If you think of attars as a blend of rose and oud, you will find Aoud Rose Petals to be quintessential attar. It is simple, enormously powerful, gorgeous, and very effective at what it is supposed to do.

Rating: Every time I wear Aoud Rose Petals, I am stunned at how pretty it is, and secretly want to wear it every single day of my life. After wearing it for a few days, I come to a sad realization that beautiful is just not my thing, and that the fragrance does not have the complexity to keep me interested for many wearings in a row.

As it is the prettiest rose I own, I give it 8.5/10.

veteverian.wordpress.com

Pros: Powerful
    Cons: Simple"

06 September, 2013

's avatar

Addictive. Not harsh neither medicinal oud if compared to Aoud Lime or White Aoud first notes. Oud here is soft and rose is sweet and comforting. It reminds a lot of Aseel by Al-Rehab for sure - Aseel is slightly less sweet and more earthy roses. Aoud Rose Petals is unisex and has a great lasting power and sillage. I prefer this to Aoud Queen Roses and to Aoud Damascus.

15 November, 2012

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

Like a budding green rose twined around a sliver of oud, AOUD ROSES PETALS is a refined composition that keeps the oud under wraps. Or perhaps Arabian oud is a little more subdued than its Cambodian counterpart. Scent projection may not be its strong suit but I find the retiring woody rose accord no less intriguing. If you're a guy after a sophisticated low-sillage rose scent which you could enjoy on the quiet, you should probably give this a wearing.

27 May, 2011

catnip_too's avatar
    catnip_too

“Rose Petals” is an apt name for this fragrance. Unlike some others in the Montale Aoud series, for example Black Aoud or White Aoud, in which the rose is more of a dark, night rose, this truly reminds me of tender, pink buds on an spring morning. The oud here is the softest and most delicate of the series as well, but I can feel it quite clearly. It is most pronounced in the beginning, and it is somewhat high-pitched, compared to the deeper baritone of the oud in other Montale creations. On me, the oud remains as a whisper, a supporting presence to the rose and other soft spicy notes, even as it subsides in the background and lets the flower petals sparkle.

I would recommend this fragrance to those who would like a gentle introduction to oud. Sillage is not as powerful as in others of the series, but rose lovers will appreciate it for both its wearability and playful mood. I like the depth of the oud and the almost creamy dry-down in Montale White Aoud, but I am careful when and where I wear it. Rose Petals would be safe as an everyday choice, and to me, this is an important consideration.

On me, it lasts for a whole day.

20th January, 2011 (Last Edited: 19 February, 2011)

Stephan's avatar
    Stephan
    Belgium Belgium

My favorite rose scent. The aoud and the rose are incredible together. If you don't love the patchouli in Black Aoud, you must try this one. But I'm sad that this fragrance doesn't last long enough!

29 September, 2010

Sugandaraja's avatar
    Sugandaraja

I thought I was in love with the top notes... but after a minute it calmed down to a pleasant but somewhat flat oud and rose combo.

I'm underwhelmed, but this fragrance does have excellent longevity and sillage.

18 November, 2008