Aoud Cuir D'Arabie

Aoud Cuir D'Arabie information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Aoud Cuir D'Arabie

Aoud Cuir D'Arabie is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Aoud Cuir D'Arabie

I don't consider myself much of a leather lover but Montale's Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is well-blended to the point of being very appealing, among the best I've smelled of the house. It's a mix of leather, oud, birch, and tobacco. The oud makes the experience animalistic, but it's unusually smooth at the same time, blending well with the woody birch and pungent leather.

The leather itself is most pronounced at the opening, fading into the dry down within the first hour and a half. I get only a little tobacco in the dry down, which I would classify is as blend of the leather, oud, and birch. It's a baseball-love-meets-oud sort of mix.

It's not the smoothest leather (a prize I'd still give to Coach Leatherware No. 3), but it might be the smoothest animalistic oud leather, much smoother than I've previously imagined such a type of fragrance being, so it's a pleasant surprise. Still, I can see how it might be polarizing since I confess that animalic scents tend to be hit-or-miss with me.

Performance is well above average, as with most cold-weather Montale fragrances, very strong in both projection and longevity.

8 out of 10
10th May, 2016
This is leather. Leather is this.

Masculine, with no 'pretty' character at all.

I like it just fine, but tbh it's hard to see any skill or craftsmanship behind this one. Seems like one could rather come close enough by contacting a perfumery supply, getting some leather accord and mixing it with some everclear. Well maybe not that easy, but still...
05th March, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
Yes, an opening of harsh nigh faecaloid freshly tanned leather, with lots of birchtar and heavy oud. In the drydown a touch of Latakia-style tobacco, but after a couple of hours much tamer and developing into pleasant lighter leather and a bit less original.

A unique beginning. Good projection and sillage with about eight hours of longevity.

A very interesting Montale. 3.75/5
18th December, 2014
Skelly Show all reviews
I find the opening to be truly vile. Seriously. There's a passing whiff of vomit and blue cheese. Fortunately, it soon settles down to a surprisingly cooling and authentic rough leather, similar to a new pair of rigger work gloves. Nice.

04th September, 2014
jumpfrog Show all reviews
As previously stated, the opening is brutal. I was in Marrakech a few years back and visited a tannery - the smell reminded me of that. Imagine about 30-40 cement tubs in a one acre area full of blood and skin. The smell is so repulsive it was in my nostrils for a day or so after visiting. The bundle of mint they give you to hold under your nose is not enough to protect you from the rancid stench. The opening of this EDP is like that. I just cannot imagine why anyone would want to smell like this.
But wait…the dry down is rather nice! The leather "cures" and dries up a bit and then you have a rose note, that I've picked up in other Montales. I have to say, I did not pick up much oud at all, but then again I'm a novice.
Worth a try but I think I can live without this one!
14th August, 2014
Genre: Leather

Continuing my rounds of the Montale Aoud line, I've finally gotten to Oud Cuir d'Arabie, and this, along with Black Aoud, is among my favorites to date.

Oud Cuir d'Arabie launches itself in a spectacular blaze of oudh and dark, smoky leather. Utterly intoxicating, if you've got the nerve to wear it. A rich tobacco note (think Cuban cigar) soon joins the fray, and the oudh begins to settle down and integrate. As the heart opens up, the rose note so common among the Montale Aoud line members comes into focus, adding yet another dimension, though its sweetness also leads the whole composition in a slightly more conventional direction.

In its early phases, Oud Cuir d'Arabie shares a compellingly rugged, untamed quality with Black Aoud, though it becomes a less jagged scent after the first couple of hours. Oud Cuir d'Arabie also develops along a more conventional timescale than Black Aoud, which is to say you don't have to wait 12 hours before it starts to evolve. On the downside, it doesn't have its cousin's 24 hour-plus lasting power, though it is by no means ephemeral.
22nd June, 2014

Add your review of Aoud Cuir D'Arabie

Shop for Aoud Cuir D'Arabie products online

Search Amazon for Aoud Cuir D'Arabie

Member images of Aoud Cuir D'Arabie

There are no member images of Aoud Cuir D'Arabie yet. Why not be the first?