Aoud Pur Oriental
    by Montale

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 11 ratings

Aoud Pur Oriental information

Aoud Pur Oriental is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Reviews of Aoud Pur Oriental

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive 1 Positive Reviewsneutral1 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

markc's avatar

My favorite Montale. Oud, oud, and more oud. It's in the same vicinity as M7, but much drier, and with just the right amount of Frankincense. I've not tried any Oud oils, so I wouldn't know how to compare. This wasn't for sale very long, and I'm very happy my favorite BNer was willing to sell me this prized bottle.

05 December, 2007

Talk about being pulled two ways by a scent! Iím really not sure if I love it or dislike it. Oud Pur OrientalóIíve tried and tried to deconstruct it to discover its secrets, but I feel that it eludes me. When I first tested it, I thought I was smelling an electrical fire. So help me it originally smelled like electrical burn. By the fourth or fifth time I tested it, it smelled like what I think is ďoudĒÖthatís about all Iíve discovered in all the times I tested itÖOud. There is a touch of labdanum, but not enough to have a significant effect on the oud. I get few florals and not much amberóbut primarily, overwhelmingly I get oud. The oud, though, is interesting in itselfómedicinal, highly aromaticÖit is almost as much dry-eucalyptic-herbal as it is woody. Itís actually an intriguing smell, and I can certainly see why itís so highly prized in the East. It is clean and fresh and itís nothing like other woods. But I donít think itís the kind of note that was meant to stand on its own in a fragranceóat least not for me. Actually, I would really like to own Oud Pur Orientalóprimarily because it is the most remarkable wood fragrance Iíve ever smelled. But at the price of a Montale Oud, I think maybe Iíd be better off looking for a couple of ml of oil. It IS intriguing but I donít see actually wearing it as a fragranceóat least not very soon.

03 February, 2007