Wood & Spices

Wood & Spices information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Wood & Spices

Wood & Spices is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Wood & Spices

There is something in Montale that fascinates me. It’s amazing how they ruthlessly bottle the worst “cheap-designer-in-disguise” scents in a niche dress, and manage to actually sell them. Some are actually decent, but most of them are just tacky cheap stuff. Still, they’re there, and they’re niche. However... Wood and Spices, friends, is their masterpiece – their “IgNobel” winning scent so far for me. Basically it smells exactly (I mean it: exactly) like those modern “aromatic fougères” cheapos, the woody-ozonic-spicy-fresh colognes like Ferrari scents, or Police. Completely, nauseatingly synthetic, flashy and tacky, despicably stuffed with metallic stuff and artificial “roundness”. Trust me, I am not being too grave or severe: it’s utter supermarket rubbish. Many niche fans want to smell expensive: Wood and Spices smells terribly *inexpensive*, instead. In perspective, I should raise my ratings of all other Montale’s, as this one is really the worst of them all. One of the worst scents I’ve ever tested.

11th December, 2014
Genre: Woods

The sour, metallic opening is so utterly hideous that it's hard to keep Wood & Spices on long enough to evaluate! Possibly the most vile, disgusting top notes I have ever encountered. I'm not sure that any development is worth enduring this stench, but I persist with the same morbid curiosity that drives motorists to gawk at pileups on the highway.

The sour note eventually resolves into something resembling citrus, but only in the way a cheap room air freshener does. If possible, the accords become even more abrasively chemical as they age. Heavens help me, this gunk also has terrific projection and sillage, and I'm afraid I will be smelled in the next room.

Uncle! I can't do it anymore! I've worn Wood & Spices for 30 minutes and I cannot endure the torture...must...must...scrub it off...
09th July, 2014
Not a bad fragrance. Not all that good either. Hardly any wood notes in this one. This one smells very synthetic to me. I get a few spices in this one. Nothing special IMO. It mellows out to a decent fragrance. Seems more suited for women to me though.
14th January, 2014
mikesc Show all reviews
I love this one. I bought it after first sample from a small perfume shop in Venice. It's sweet and has depth. I just go easy on the trigger since it's potent. It was my wife's favorite as well of the ones I sampled that day.
06th February, 2013
Cheap and messy crap. I'm afraid there's nothing to add...

28th September, 2012
This is so much Sculpture Homme by Nikos I couldn't believe it. Means a hardly synthetic 90s concoction in the vein of The Dreamer, D & G pour Homme (but weaker), etc.. A faint tobacco accord appears after an hour which, mixed with the synthetic flower remains makes it sorta Fleur de Male.. gosh I wish I could stop these associations. Anyway, Sculpture is constantly on sale at the duty frees here in Europe. Buy one, get a better looking bottle.
18th September, 2012

Add your review of Wood & Spices

Shop for Wood & Spices products online

Shop for Wood & Spices at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Wood & Spices

Member images of Wood & Spices

There are no member images of Wood & Spices yet. Why not be the first?