Wood & Spices
    by Montale

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 53 ratings

Wood & Spices information

Wood & Spices is a unisex fragrance by Montale.

Reviews of Wood & Spices

Showing 1 to 6 of 22 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

The sour, metallic opening is so utterly hideous that it's hard to keep Wood & Spices on long enough to evaluate! Possibly the most vile, disgusting top notes I have ever encountered. I'm not sure that any development is worth enduring this stench, but I persist with the same morbid curiosity that drives motorists to gawk at pileups on the highway.

The sour note eventually resolves into something resembling citrus, but only in the way a cheap room air freshener does. If possible, the accords become even more abrasively chemical as they age. Heavens help me, this gunk also has terrific projection and sillage, and I'm afraid I will be smelled in the next room.

Uncle! I can't do it anymore! I've worn Wood & Spices for 30 minutes and I cannot endure the torture...must...must...scrub it off...

09 July, 2014

sjg3839's avatar

Not a bad fragrance. Not all that good either. Hardly any wood notes in this one. This one smells very synthetic to me. I get a few spices in this one. Nothing special IMO. It mellows out to a decent fragrance. Seems more suited for women to me though.

14 January, 2014

mikesc's avatar

I love this one. I bought it after first sample from a small perfume shop in Venice. It's sweet and has depth. I just go easy on the trigger since it's potent. It was my wife's favorite as well of the ones I sampled that day.

06 February, 2013

alfarom's avatar

Cheap and messy crap. I'm afraid there's nothing to add...

28 September, 2012

Mar Azul's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

This is so much Sculpture Homme by Nikos I couldn't believe it. Means a hardly synthetic 90s concoction in the vein of The Dreamer, D & G pour Homme (but weaker), etc.. A faint tobacco accord appears after an hour which, mixed with the synthetic flower remains makes it sorta Fleur de Male.. gosh I wish I could stop these associations. Anyway, Sculpture is constantly on sale at the duty frees here in Europe. Buy one, get a better looking bottle.

18 September, 2012

scenternerian's avatar

it's radioactive polar bear urine for the first 20 minutes, but the rest is fragrance heaven. No1 compliment getter.

12 January, 2012