White Musk

White Musk information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About White Musk

White Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

White Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of White Musk

Chanel aldehyde effect...slight hint of animalic muskiness mixed with soapy freshness...a touch of violet...very pleasing and enticing to my nose...kinda like a Montale homage to Kouros...not too shabby...perfect for partying outside on a cool summer evening...
09th February, 2019
Shycat Show all reviews
This is a long time favorite of mine, one of the first Montales I sniffed and bought. I will always love it for the pleasant memories it evokes, having worn it often when my boys were young and sweet. I think I'm wearing it today because I have at my beck and call no less that three men, out slaving in my yard to collect the leaves. Door to door entrepreneurs at 9 years old is a thing to encourage, I feel--outside, playing and working together, exercising, making money. Good and more good.

White musk as an accord, I've read, would likely be a combination of macrocyclic aromachemicals, combined with linear aromachemical musk added to hit all the people who can be anosmic to the macrocyclics--half of us, supposedly.

Montale's White Musk goes on softly for me--it's a soft, clean scent that wears a bit close to the skin, but for me that's no problem. I like it that way. On days like today when I'm really in the mood, I can overcome any softness by spraying on an even dozen blasts. Softness and sillage issues become understandably moot although I wouldn't advise going out in public afterward.

It's key to my love here that I don't translate things into the soap impression others speak about. I perceive a sweet, floral accent over a clean musk with a trace of powder. As far as I can tell, it lasts forever because, like a Tootsie-Roll pop, I never get to the end of it before crunch time (shower.)
03rd November, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
The white musk is clean, not smelling too synthetic and and well made. It has a clean laundry-type character which at times is enhanced by a fresh and very light contemporary powderiness.

In the drydown there are hints of white floral undertones, but in spite of the floral input this is never really a very sweet mix.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and a good eight hours of longevity on my skin.

Overall this is a light white musk that is suitable for cooler summer days, fresh and clean but rather linear and a bit too monochrome. 2.75/5.
30th December, 2016
Smells like a bar of soap..VERY clean and crisp. I would wear it to smell like I just showered but NOT for $150. I will keep the sample vial b/c I DO like the smell, but Everyone smelling this on me will think I used a whole bar of soap in my morning shower.
20th May, 2016
Typical White Musk smell

I tried this one alongwith montale's black oud in the perfume shop. I decided to go with white Musk coz I always wanted to purchase it. But black oud tester on my hand was suggesting me that I made the wrong purchase.

The problem is no one apart from the person applying it will be able to smell it which was why i gave it 3 stars only. What's the point then in purchasing costly perfumes if there are no compliments?

But it stays for long on you and if you are in close contact with someone like your wife/gf then definitely they can smell and will like it.

Note: They are many Montale's fragrances out there. Don't get confused.

Pros: Great Smell, Remains on the body, Fresh
Cons: Not spreading."

27th August, 2013
I love white musks and while this isn't going to be my favourite it is one that I will always enjoy. This smells like your boyfriend getting ready to meet your parents for the first time. A fresh just out the shower scent that appeals to everyone.
24th January, 2010

Montale White Musk Eau De Parfum 2ml 3ml 5ml 10ml AUTHENTIC DECANT ATOMIZER

End Date: Sunday Apr-7-2019 15:00:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $5.99

Member images of White Musk

There are no member images of White Musk yet. Why not be the first?