Sweet Oriental Dream (2005)
by Montale

Sweet Oriental Dream information

Year of Launch2005

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Sweet Oriental Dream

Sweet Oriental Dream is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2005 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Sweet Oriental Dream fragrance notes

Reviews of Sweet Oriental Dream

It has not the well known Montale DNA in it. A gourmand mix of honey, vanilla and almond. And it's different from 80% of Montale's products meaning the rose notes are well hidden in the back.

The opening is too powdery but after 15 minutes it becomes very pleasant and sweet. I am a fan of honey so it's obvious i like this perfume. After the drydown Sweet Oriental Dream is honey at its best.

A good perfume but i don't find it that oriental. Longevity is very big and sillage is above moderate.
06th September, 2019
This, is a Montale? I'm shocked. It isn't the usual, blast-that-knocks-you-off-your-chair frag. I get a big rose at first. The honey and almond are syrupy. Not too sickly sweet. I get a little "smoke" here - could be the rose and stuff messing with me. Big vanilla ice cream note appears.

This isn't exclusively a rose scent, nor is it entirely a gourmand. It's a wicked blend of both. It seems to see-saw it's profile.

Much later it becomes a vanilla-rose blend that mimics patchouli. Almost pure powdery. Delicious!
28th November, 2018
When I was an angsty teenager, my greatest pleasure was to retreat to my room, turn on my pink Lava Lite, listen to the Talking Heads, and burn my "chocolate cake" incense. I loved that incense. It smelled little like chocolate cake, but DID smell like some sort of sweet almond dessert being toasted over sandalwood. I couldn't find a perfume that smelled like it, so I'd burn it in my closet and shut the door to get the smell on my clothing.

So when I first tried Sweet Oriental Dream this many years later, it brought tears to my eyes, because it was that smell from my teenage bedroom. Objectively, it's super strong and a lot of the same great accord, all almond-y and incense-y, if obviously synthetic. It's certainly one that's going to be lethal with over-application, so I'm using samples I can dab until the day when I finally buy a full bottle and brave spraying it. And I will buy a bottle, for although SOD smells just like it could be a BPAL scent - and I had my hopes for a substitution - I've now tried hundreds of BPALs, and can confidently say that there isn't one in the catalog quite like it.

The last time I went to visit my mom, who lives in same house, I bought a new pink party light and lay there in my old bedroom wearing this perfume since that old chocolate cake incense is long gone.

28th October, 2015
Not as horrifying as it sounds coming from one of the least subtle houses in perfumery. The honey is there, but it’s dialed back, blended with scorched maltol, and the whole thing’s cut with Montale’s signature condom note (a rubbery saffron) that actually launches the scent into a more intriguing space. Don’t get me wrong, it's still best suited for folks who choose to smell like donuts of their own cognizance, but given the brand and the name of the perfume, it’s not nearly as gag-inducing as you might think. Well-shaped, somewhat polite, and not a total cliche—which is quite impressive for Montale. Would I wear it? Of course not. Is it as bad as it could have been? Not really.
04th March, 2015
Very similar to TDC Oriental Lounge but a little less dark. Long lasting and named appropriately. Better suited for temps below 65 degrees.
23rd April, 2013
To my nose the most prominent notes, from the opening right through the drydown, are vanilla & almond. ln the beginning these are slightly powdery, supported by a whiff of rose & a touch of smoke. The rose slowly becomes more "jammy" in the heart, & a deliciously edible tonka note emerges, becoming more dominant in the base. The sillage is excellent for the first 8 hours, but for me the most startling aspect of this fragrance is it's longevity; a full 17 hours after application l can still smell it on my skin! This is far & away a record for me; my skin usually "eats" fragrances far more quickly than this, even other Montales! But this somehow melds beautifully with my skin, & l find the whole feel of it immensely soothing, soporific even, which makes it a perfect sleep scent.
ln comparison to the only other loukhoum scent l've tried, Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum Parfum du Soir, l'd say this is much less powdery, more rose-prominent, & altogether more rich & satisfying. There may well be a FB of this in my future.
29th January, 2012

Montale Sweet Oriental Dream by Montale EDP Spray (Unisex) 3.3 oz for Women

End Date: Saturday Feb-29-2020 18:30:30 PST
Buy It Now for only: $99.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

MONTALE SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ/ 100ML NEW IN BOX SEALED

End Date: Sunday Mar-1-2020 13:33:05 PST

NEW In Sealed Box Montale Sweet Oriental Dream By Montale EDP Spray 3.3 Perfu

End Date: Saturday Mar-7-2020 6:49:25 PST
Buy It Now for only: $118.96

Member images of Sweet Oriental Dream

There are no member images of Sweet Oriental Dream yet. Why not be the first?