Soleil de Capri
    by Montale

Shop for Soleil de Capri products online

Reviews of Soleil de Capri

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

reveillee's avatar
    reveillee

Off putting note. Had to wash off. Worst Montale I've tried.

03 March, 2013

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

Citrus quickly dries down to a warm floral. Not much to get excited about. Generic musky florals.

09 September, 2012

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

When I first tried this on paper I was really amazed by its freshness, it was kinda unique to me, and it's not easy when you talk about fresh scents. It reminded me of fresh tomatoes with oilve-oil on a sun-roof in the Capri bay, really. It was totally evocating, but then I decided to try it on my skin and what came out was an orrible "lemon-cake-just-took-out-from-the-hoven" that was really unaffordable. Sweet toasted candies, warm and sticky. No Way!

05 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 04 April, 2011)

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

I remember reading a review in LT's book for a completely different scent (Versace Man Eau Fraiche) and is perfect for this one:

"Light Blue, but with the light off."

Which I'm sure he meant the men's Light Blue. Soleil de Capri is the women's version but with the light off. I can't say much else about it. True it has a bright citrus opening of florals but the light goes out quick and was are left with the dull dusk of fruit. Doesn't do anything else for me.

06 April, 2009

Klute's avatar
    Klute

This is a lovely fresh, yet at the same time warm scent. I find it quite complex and love the way it effortlessly passes through it's very disctinct stages with some quite surprising turns on the way. It starts off like a classic fresh citrus, but very quickly turns into an absolutely delicious fruity gourmand, very natural and not too sweet. It dries down to a soft, almost breezy and slightly spicy musk that almost melts into my skin. At that last stage in doesn't even seem like a perfume anymore, but like the natural scent of my skin - only enhanced.

I do not find that this smells exactly like Light Blue, as some reviewers have said. Light Blue starts off with a much sharper citrus, does not have the beautiful dry down and has a much cheaper, synthetic feel to it.

29 March, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar
    PigeonMurderer
    Finland Finland

Happy happy joy joy!!!

Wonderfully delicious and uplifting fragrance. Very sunny and positive scent; could almost be seen as some kind of anti-depressive. Hard not to smile with this on.

Juicy fruits with mouth-watering effect. Has some light spices into it, and nice doze of beautiful white musk and flowers. Somehow very “crunchy” in structure, almost edible. I actually would like to bite myself when I smell this on me.

This is a real treat for spring and summer, but also for those soggy winter days when you need an extra boost of energy.

This is most definitely suitable for both sexes equally. Lasting power could be a bit better.

Fun simple juice that is well made. Recommend to be sprayed very liberally. I guarantee everyone around you will enjoy this one too!

03 February, 2009