Soleil de Capri

Soleil de Capri information

HouseMontale
PerfumerPierre Montale

About Soleil de Capri

Soleil de Capri is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Soleil de Capri

A terrible citrus-fruity candy, as much realistic and intriguing as a chewing gum, with (synthetic) pungent green notes and a milky base of white flowers and musk ketones. Clumsy, cheap and sickening.

30th November, 2014
Off putting note. Had to wash off. Worst Montale I've tried.
03rd March, 2013
Citrus quickly dries down to a warm floral. Not much to get excited about. Generic musky florals.
09th September, 2012
When I first tried this on paper I was really amazed by its freshness, it was kinda unique to me, and it's not easy when you talk about fresh scents. It reminded me of fresh tomatoes with oilve-oil on a sun-roof in the Capri bay, really. It was totally evocating, but then I decided to try it on my skin and what came out was an orrible "lemon-cake-just-took-out-from-the-hoven" that was really unaffordable. Sweet toasted candies, warm and sticky. No Way!
05th March, 2011 (last edited: 04th April, 2011)
I remember reading a review in LT's book for a completely different scent (Versace Man Eau Fraiche) and is perfect for this one:

"Light Blue, but with the light off."

Which I'm sure he meant the men's Light Blue. Soleil de Capri is the women's version but with the light off. I can't say much else about it. True it has a bright citrus opening of florals but the light goes out quick and was are left with the dull dusk of fruit. Doesn't do anything else for me.
06th April, 2009
This is a lovely fresh, yet at the same time warm scent. I find it quite complex and love the way it effortlessly passes through it's very disctinct stages with some quite surprising turns on the way. It starts off like a classic fresh citrus, but very quickly turns into an absolutely delicious fruity gourmand, very natural and not too sweet. It dries down to a soft, almost breezy and slightly spicy musk that almost melts into my skin. At that last stage in doesn't even seem like a perfume anymore, but like the natural scent of my skin - only enhanced.

I do not find that this smells exactly like Light Blue, as some reviewers have said. Light Blue starts off with a much sharper citrus, does not have the beautiful dry down and has a much cheaper, synthetic feel to it.
29th March, 2009

Add your review of Soleil de Capri

Shop for Soleil de Capri products online

Shop for Soleil de Capri at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Soleil de Capri

Member images of Soleil de Capri

There are no member images of Soleil de Capri yet. Why not be the first?