Fougères Marines
    by Montale

Fougères Marines Fragrance notes

Lavender, Geranium, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Marine Notes, Musk

Reviews of Fougères Marines

Showing 1 to 6 of 31 reviews.

jbordeau's avatar
    jbordeau

Yes, it's kind of Tommy, kind of Baldessarini, boldly unoriginal

I sort of like the way this fragrance smells, but it's rather strong in an uninviting way. Harshness is not the way to get my attention. After a while I realized it has much of the base of Baldessarini but without the fruit that makes that one delicious. It has the tenacity of Tommy and all its charm (or lack thereof). I feel I've smelled this already a hundred times on every kind of man. At this price point, the lack of anything interesting is criminal. I love the bottle though; not to be commended otherwise.

Pros: smells pretty good
    Cons: fairly nondescript for this premium price

01st July, 2013

reveillee's avatar
    reveillee

A basic aquatic. Nothing new but not bad.

03 March, 2013

leto's avatar
    leto
    Turkey Turkey

Smells nice but wait...This is really Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy.

24 October, 2012

DULLAH's avatar
    DULLAH
    Turkey Turkey

Roman_Nik is right, this does heavily remind one of a very popular, ubiquitous 90's scent, but it's not polo sport.

Montale's Fougere Marine is something like an EDP-strength version of Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. Lovers of Tommy should definitely try this. The cranberry, subtle spices, plentiful greens, and overall signature of Tommy is there. Of course the ingredient quality and blending is better, but that's to be expected at this price point.

20th June, 2011

roman_nik's avatar
    roman_nik

Nothing to add really other than what has been said. It's a safe scent. Nothing special imo. I keep trying the sample and if simply fails to impress me in any way. It also reminds me of Polo Sport way too much. Not a good thing as when I was growing up the whole school (1997-1998) smelled like Polo Sport.

14 June, 2011

LushLife's avatar
    LushLife

I can see how people have panned this fragrance, as it doesn't do anything remarkable, but what it does it seems to do quite well. The marine note is there, as is the fern note, and it all seems enveloped in a warm cozy blanket. I was actually expecting it to be more 'fresh' but it was still likeable. If anything maybe it was too warm and cozy and not fresh, sharp, or cool enough. I was looking for the latter qualities, but still found it to be a relatively well done scent.

29 April, 2011