Geisha Rouge
by Aroma M

Geisha Rouge information

HouseAroma M

About Geisha Rouge

Geisha Rouge is a feminine perfume by Aroma M.

Reviews of Geisha Rouge

I really, really like this, nearly as much as I like the Geisha Noire, which is an awful lot. It is simply beautiful. I can smell the star anise, but it's not in your face, more a gentle hint, which intrigues you and makes you want to sniff again and again. I get the cinnamon and vanilla, and, after a couple of hours, the tobacco starts to come out – fresh tobacco, not burnt. I make that distinction because there is also a slightly smoky touch to this as well, but it's not a burning tobacco smell – more like wood smoke and spice. All up, a truly delicious blend which showcases Maria McElroy's talents in creating stunning scents. It's one I would love to wear again and again, but I don't think I'll be able to, at least not as often as I'd like. It felt quite burny on my skin after I put it on. That puzzled me, so I went through my perfume list as I have two or three other perfumes (NOT from Aroma M, I hasten to add) that give me a similar, although not as strong, burning sensation. Turns out that the common denominator in all of them is clove, which can cause skin irritation. Huh. With the other perfumes, it goes away fairly quickly, so I can only assume it’s because the clove is more concentrated in this one, because the burning sensation hung around for nearly two hours, almost painful enough to make me want to wash it off. Almost. I couldn’t bear to though, partly because the burning sensation lessened over time, but mostly because I loved how it smelled and wanted to see how it developed, and it develops beautifully – a gorgeous blend of lovely, soft, warm spice, which gently envelopes you and which lasts super well and makes whatever you’re wearing smell fantastic. So, PLEASE don't let my weird reaction to clove freak you out or put you off. Just, you know, if you know you react to clove, maybe try a small bit to start to see how you go. And, honestly – this is so very gorgeous that I will try it again, but a smaller amount next time. It's that good.
26th July, 2016
The opening is quite medicinal & a little "off" to my nose, but thankfully this accord burns off quickly, allowing cinnamon & a liqorice-like note to come to the fore. Over the first hour, it all sweetens up with vanilla & a whiff of tobacco. The projection is low, & it slowly fades from there, pretty much disappearing after four hours.
l was interested in this one because it is apparently composed of notes traditionally used in Japanese incense. lt did not really say "incense" to me though, & although the cinnamon note is nice & warming on a cold day, l find the scent rather weak & short-lived overall.
This review is for the EDP.
23rd January, 2013
Simply yummy! One of the perfumes that I get the most compliments when I wear it. Carnation with cinnamon sweetness and warmth. The warmth is increased since this is an oil. I can wear this all year. I miss it and I think I need another bottle!
15th September, 2010
Save yourself some money and purchase some cinnamon oil from you local supermarket. Mix in some industrial bathroom freshener. Voila!
06th May, 2009
The opening notes of this one smelled horrible on me. There was a touch of public restroom scent, complete with the person who missed the porcelain. Then it dried down to a soft, spicy cinnamon. The Big Red gum edge never quite went away, but it was a pleasant, warm mix of tonka and cinnamon and possibly tobacco.

Still, I don't like the end enough to wait through the dreadful opening.
03rd May, 2007
This was an interesting scent, at first it started with the exact scent of tiger balm. It mellowed a little within a few minutes, losing the medicinal scent, but while the combination of licorice and spices is interesting and a not unpleasant smell, it's quite definitely not something that I want to smell like.
14th March, 2007

Add your review of Geisha Rouge

Shop for Geisha Rouge products online

Shop for Geisha Rouge at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Geisha Rouge

Member images of Geisha Rouge

There are no member images of Geisha Rouge yet. Why not be the first?