Oha (2005)

Year of Launch2005

HouseTéo Cabanel
PerfumerJean-François Latty

About Oha

According to Téo Cabanel, Oha is "an evening fragrance that combines the most precious and noble essences. Transcending time and space this mysterious perfume will appeal to women with a true personality". The fragrance is currently available at:
Catherine Gift Perfume Shop – 7 Rue de Castiglione – 75001 Paris
Cario – 3 Rue de la Paroisse – 77300 Fontainebleau
Beauty Mary – 23 Place Martroi – 45300 Pithiviers

The Teo Cabanel fragrances will soon be available in London (Fortnum & Mason's) and Frankfurt (Albrecht).

Oha fragrance notes

Reviews of Oha

What a nice surprise. Oha opens with an extremely realistic, deep and invigorating sort of “bright floral chypre” appearance: juicy rose and bergamot notes on top, a really compelling and kind of old-styled herbal-woody accord, resins, a tremendously enjoyable iris note. Then patchouli, a mint breeze (geranium, maybe) and other flowers providing a really nice, and again, pleasantly “vintage” feel, that classic “bouquet of wet flowers” vibe. A really effortless composition which manages to appear as a modern, light and lively floral scent with a decided classic vibe. And above all, smelling terribly good – by this, I mean deep, radiant, realistic but also “polished” enough to smell perfectly crisp and sophisticated, with a hint of musky sexiness. Several classic feminine scents come to mind within the first minutes, mostly from the late 1980’s-mid 1990s, from Vendetta by Valentino to L’arte by Gucci; more as inspirations than actual similarities. I mean that Oha seems referring to them, but with a contemporary, “brighter” approach, and a couple of modern features – that “tea” note for instance, which if I identified it correctly, smells more like a generic (yet completely pleasant) touch of fruit. The evolution is equally nice, and it shows both the quality of the notes and the skillful composition: as minutes pass Oha slowly becomes fruitier and more resinous, that “tea” note emerges more clearly, a whiff of patchouli-licorice appears. Kind of “Lutensian” at this stage – flowers, resins and fruits. And basically so is the drydown, which sadly is a bit short. Know what? I’m impressed. Understated, maybe uncreative and maybe a bit too short-lived, but a really nice little gem with solid materials and an utterly enjoyable evolution exploring several nuances of flowers, resins and herbs.

7,5-8/10
27th April, 2015
Something makes this floral quite a smoky one at least for the first hour or two. Oha is absolutely divine and a must try for perfume lovers. Its enveloping powdery trail it's quite unique (or the very least uncommon). There is sweetness but not overwhelming. This is maybe hard for men to pull off... but as always fragrances are very subjective especially the good ones! The dry down is exceptional and I can't stop sniffing my wrist.
11th March, 2015
Looking at the notes, l really should like this, but something here doesn't like me, & l think it's either the tea or the cardamom. Sorry, but to my nose there is something absolutely vile in this fragrance. lt's strong, peppery & makes me want to sneeze, & it has that stale note that reminds me of Youth Dew, which l also cannot stand. l do get hints of rose & jasmine, & some tonka, musk & woods in the base, but for me that unpleasant, headache-inducing note remained throughout. lt took a supreme effort not to scrub it off! Definitely not for me.
03rd February, 2011
BayKAT Show all reviews
Have you ever sat and flipped through channels at night, stumbling upon PBS where Charlotte Church was on stage, singing a pitch perfect operatic song, afterwhich everyone clapped politely?

That's Oha.

But I prefer it when Mariah Carey or Celine Dion take the stage and belt it out. And this is my problem with Oha.

It's subtle. Pitch perfect, but subtle. And as a chypre floral it is competing with some grand divas in my boudoir, like Caron's Or et Noir and Guerlain's Mitsouko pure parfum; and they are outsinging this one.

Nevertheless, I like this fragrance, it is indeed beautiful, and has all but three of my favorite notes. I will order a sample in the pure parfum to see if it kicks it up a notch, becuase htis is one I'm not ready to write off just yet.
08th February, 2010
bugs Show all reviews
Ok, this is how you get (visual) perfume heaven: go to Fortnum's, head for the beauty department (heaven in itself) set up camp in front of the Teo Cabanel display - then worship! You don't even need to sample this stuff - just gaze at it longingly.
What does it smell like? Honestly, I don't even have an exact memory - I know I preferred it to Julia. It's vintage, a bit woody, a bit oriental, floral spicy - I'm sure it is created to make you feel like the most expensive jolie Madame in Paris!
07th May, 2007

Add your review of Oha

Shop for Oha products online

Shop for Oha at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Oha

Member images of Oha

There are no member images of Oha yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Oha