Tommy Bahama for Women (2005)
by Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama for Women information

Year of Launch2005

HouseTommy Bahama
Parent CompanyGemini Cosmetics

About Tommy Bahama for Women

Tommy Bahama for Women is a feminine perfume by Tommy Bahama. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Tommy Bahama for Women

Genre: Fruity Floral

Tommy Bahama for Women goes on as a gentle, sweet tropical fruit cocktail scent with hints of melon, banana, peaches and coconut flashing across its surface. A powdery vanilla custard accord quickly slips in underneath for support, while some vaguely green floral notes temper the bright candy flavor of the fruit. The main thrust is lactonic fruity floral, as in the earlier J’Adore and Organza, though in this case both brighter and slimmer, with the comparatively brittle olfactory consistency one might expect of a more “modern” entry in any given fragrance genre. Neither tuberose nor frangipani detach themselves from the fruity background, and the result is a certain anonymity about the entire floral bouquet. The fruity floral arrangement is linear, and fades out after a few hours to reveal faint echoes of fruit against a plain clean musk drydown. Tommy Bahama for Women smells pleasant but dull, and I can’t imagine I’d remember it or recognize it two days after wearing it.
05th July, 2014
One day I was spritzing myself silly at Ulta. I had had my fill of fragrances for the day but I decided to sniff one more blotter strip. I’ve mentioned before my weakness for anything typified as ‘tropical’. I’ve also mentioned the consequences of blindly buying fragrances based on such prejudices in other reviews. This particular time I did not get ensnared in the blind buying trap, only testing out Tommy Bahama. It was fabric-flowers-and-string-lei love at first sniff… on a blotter strip. I vowed to purchase this full price. As fate would have it I found it several months later at Marshall’s for a song and a dance. It was my lucky day.

I got home, showered, and put on my new big bottle of Tommy Bahama. Immediately, I felt a sense of familiarity and disappointment. It smelled very similar to Bora Bora and Christina Agulara’s Inspire, two fragrances I already had. It also reminded me of some tropical Escada scents along with a faint reference to Estee Lauder’s Beyond Paradise. It smelled amazing and uniquely tropical on the blotter strip but somehow smelled ordinary on me. I was disheartened.

The real heartbreaker was in the drydown. It ceased to be tropical and turned to an aldehydic, powdery bore. I was far more impressed with the unswerving tropical nuances in Bora Bora than I was with this. To quote Madonna, this long-lasting sillage monster was sadly, “Reductive.” It is not a bad fragrance but I can think of at least five tropical ‘fumes with more originality and better composition from beginning to end than this. I’m glad I didn’t commit to this one at full price, and though this is pleasant, I will not be making a repeat purchase of this one again.
17th April, 2012
I like sweet vanilla-ish perfume on women. When I smelled this perfume it was not overpowering...weak, but a CLOSE UP smelling perfume! Nice! There is a hint of coconut and water..that of the scent of what I would think Bahama would be like.

This perfume is a definate top 5 in a womans arsenal IMHO especially for Spring/ Summer wear.
08th April, 2007
Water and woods...reminds me of bamboo. O.K. if it's what you like, but I'm not impressed.
09th June, 2006

Add your review of Tommy Bahama for Women

Shop for Tommy Bahama for Women products online

Shop for Tommy Bahama for Women at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Tommy Bahama for Women

Member images of Tommy Bahama for Women

There are no member images of Tommy Bahama for Women yet. Why not be the first?