Tommy Bahama for Women (2005)
    by Tommy Bahama

Shop for Tommy Bahama for Women products online

Reviews of Tommy Bahama for Women

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 2 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

exciter76's avatar
    exciter76

One day I was spritzing myself silly at Ulta. I had had my fill of fragrances for the day but I decided to sniff one more blotter strip. I’ve mentioned before my weakness for anything typified as ‘tropical’. I’ve also mentioned the consequences of blindly buying fragrances based on such prejudices in other reviews. This particular time I did not get ensnared in the blind buying trap, only testing out Tommy Bahama. It was fabric-flowers-and-string-lei love at first sniff… on a blotter strip. I vowed to purchase this full price. As fate would have it I found it several months later at Marshall’s for a song and a dance. It was my lucky day.

I got home, showered, and put on my new big bottle of Tommy Bahama. Immediately, I felt a sense of familiarity and disappointment. It smelled very similar to Bora Bora and Christina Agulara’s Inspire, two fragrances I already had. It also reminded me of some tropical Escada scents along with a faint reference to Estee Lauder’s Beyond Paradise. It smelled amazing and uniquely tropical on the blotter strip but somehow smelled ordinary on me. I was disheartened.

The real heartbreaker was in the drydown. It ceased to be tropical and turned to an aldehydic, powdery bore. I was far more impressed with the unswerving tropical nuances in Bora Bora than I was with this. To quote Madonna, this long-lasting sillage monster was sadly, “Reductive.” It is not a bad fragrance but I can think of at least five tropical ‘fumes with more originality and better composition from beginning to end than this. I’m glad I didn’t commit to this one at full price, and though this is pleasant, I will not be making a repeat purchase of this one again.

17 April, 2012

The Squire's avatar
    The Squire

I like sweet vanilla-ish perfume on women. When I smelled this perfume it was not overpowering...weak, but a CLOSE UP smelling perfume! Nice! There is a hint of coconut and water..that of the scent of what I would think Bahama would be like.

This perfume is a definate top 5 in a womans arsenal IMHO especially for Spring/ Summer wear.

08 April, 2007

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

Water and woods...reminds me of bamboo. O.K. if it's what you like, but I'm not impressed.

09 June, 2006